[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did he deserve to escape execution?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Albert Speer.jpg (64KB, 540x784px) Image search: [Google]
Albert Speer.jpg
64KB, 540x784px
Did he deserve to escape execution?
>>
>>2135012
He confessed his sins to the priest. I don't know if he was allowed to say it (despite his death) but he revealed that Speer knew he deserved to be hanged.
>>
>>2135012
No, but his memoirs are invaluable for understanding Hitler's psyche, and at least he tried to atone for his sins.
>>
File: 1466250407712.jpg (73KB, 516x783px) Image search: [Google]
1466250407712.jpg
73KB, 516x783px
>my feet are cold
>the war is lost
>Hitler still thinks I actually like him
>the air quality in this bunker is terrible
>>
>>2135029
That assassination attempt story was honestly terrible.
>>
>>2135037
In what way?
>>
>>2135029

>tfw you can't find a ladder
>>
>>2135052
It's rather unconvincing and it came right after Speer was accused of serious crimes. He wanted to present himself as Hitler's hidden enemy and blame everything on Sauckel. He definitely wasn't a hardcore evil Nazi but he definitely work his hardest to be efficient at his job.
>>
>>2135098
Was there any evidence he has being truthful?
>>
>>2135012

Politically, yes. The Allies had agreed beforehand that they wouldn't hang EVERYONE and would go easy on at least a few of them. Speer was the right choice for their leniency since he admitted at least partial responsibility (all the other defendants were like "I dindu nuffin I wuz a gud goi") and unlike Hans Frank, wasn't directly tied to some of the worst shit (the Final Solution). He knew about it, but was not involved in actually carrying it out, and probably couldn't have actually done that much to stop it anyway.

Morally, probably not, but he at least tried to make up for it afterwards.
>>
No, and he was subsequently found to have lied about the extent to which he knew about the Holocaust.
>>
He didn't, traitors should burn
>>
>>2135383
I find it impossible to believe that even low-ranking NSDAP officials weren't aware of the Holocaust. I don't understand why the prosecutors were so obsessed with proving that he 'knew' about it, since Hitler states multiple times that he intended to destroy the Jews even before the war began.
>>
>>2135395
*stated
>>
>>2135012
Every fascist should have been killed desu
>>
>>2135391
So was Himmler, and far more so, yet stormfags never call for him to have been executed for treason.
>>
>>2135395
His denial of being involved along with the denial by other high-ranking Nazis led to the subsequent denial of its happening by many neo-Nazis in the future.

Literally all of the claims by the neo-Nazis can be traced back to what Nazis said during the trial.

Fuck 'em!
>>
>>2135012
Yes.

Speer was just a romantic trying to realize his artistic dreams.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.