[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a circumstance in modern history where a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: russia2.jpg (10KB, 350x242px) Image search: [Google]
russia2.jpg
10KB, 350x242px
Has there ever been a circumstance in modern history where a resistance movement actually achieved anything ESSENTIAL against the power group it was fighting?
>>
File: 6-de-junio-1808[1].jpg (129KB, 800x472px) Image search: [Google]
6-de-junio-1808[1].jpg
129KB, 800x472px
>>2134325
You mean aside from the war the concept was cultivated in?
>>
File: northernirland.jpg (387KB, 1230x960px) Image search: [Google]
northernirland.jpg
387KB, 1230x960px
>>2134325
the IRA

>oh ah up the rah
>brits out
>>
Yugoslav partisans?
Taliban against USSR?

>>2135347
It was an easy-mode. Irish just needed to show they were serious and Brits got the fucked out. There was no real war
>>
>>2134325
Haiti was born from a revolt. Although the country obviously hasn't been in great shape since then.
>>
>>2134325
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/26th_of_July_Movement
>>
>>2134325
American Revolutionary War
>>
>>2135415
Well I mean nothing wrong with using the conditions you're handed
By its nature insurgents need to give some reason for the power they're attacking to figure it ain't worth if, cuz insurgents can almost never match firepower.
>>
>>2134325

Woah there OP, you need to define some terms.

How are you separating out the "ESSENTIAL" from the implied trivial, and in such a way that leaves most if not all "resistance" groups (what are they?) lacking, even the ones that managed to get whatever political concessions they were going for?
>>
>>2135347
>>
>>2135347
open a book
>>
>>2135776

If I had a penny for every retarded shitpost on /his/........
>>
>>2135810
If I had a dollar for every shitposting thread, I'd be making average wages in Canada.
>>
File: mao-communist-1024x586.jpg (98KB, 1024x586px) Image search: [Google]
mao-communist-1024x586.jpg
98KB, 1024x586px
>>2134325
>>
>>
>>2134325
Mau Mau managed to seriously spook the Brits.

I can't say that they achieved major military feats, but the Brits just kind of fucked off shortly after the Mau Mau uprising.
>>
>>2136071
Why is it called Mau Mau and not just Mau? Autism?
>>
>>2134325
FARC i suppose? They at least got a peace that isn't all of them rounded up and jailed/shot
>>
>>2136165
Hopefully this time it's a lasting peace
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.