[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Turkish Straits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: europe post ww1.jpg (1MB, 1192x914px) Image search: [Google]
europe post ww1.jpg
1MB, 1192x914px
Why the hell was Turkey allowed to keep the European half of the Bosphorus Strait after WWI? Talking about the land in pic related.

Who negotiated this deal?
>>
>>2128062
The entire Bosporus region was meant to be internationally administered. Ataturk won it back.
>>
File: 1471957232684-his.png (1MB, 1062x764px) Image search: [Google]
1471957232684-his.png
1MB, 1062x764px
>>2128062
Perfidious Albion, who else?
>>
>>2128062
Turkey negotiated about it. They fought a war agaisnt ottomans England France Italy and Greece and won. Well saying a war agaisnt England France and Italy is a little unfair. England never sent any troops and only aided greeks, French got blasted by the turkish milita and left and Italy was angry over izmir so they pretty much just left.
>>
File: 1482160155637.jpg (123KB, 351x859px) Image search: [Google]
1482160155637.jpg
123KB, 351x859px
they fought for it instead of bending over backwards like german and austrian

>>2128073
i love how greeks blamed england when it was their own command being retarded sending their army all the way into anatolia just to get btfo by attaturk
>>
The Greeks, even with the help of the Brits, couldn't capture Constantinople, the Turks won it fair and square
>>
>>2128097
and this was against a militia army from newly formed country who had just lost million in the great war
>>
File: inonu.jpg (11KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
inonu.jpg
11KB, 334x250px
>>2128062
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conference_of_Lausanne
>>
>>2128062
the greeks lost for starter

allies just went out of great war, that and also the memory of gallipolli makes them prefer peace
>>
>>2128092
It's especially ironic, considering that England won Greece's independence in the first place.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.