[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hindu gods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1140.jpg (1011KB, 2300x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1140.jpg
1011KB, 2300x2336px
Hello /his/
I bought these pic related hindu statuettes for some friends. Kind of like a joke because of the kitschness, but really I'd feel dumb just giving them away without even knowing the first thing about what they are in their culture.
I tried looking it up, but really, this stuff is dense and I'm not sure about any aside from Ganesh.
Could someone help me out identifying these divine persons and get some education?

Cheers
>>
bump is ok, yes?
>>
>>2127151
Top left is hanuman, top right I'd guess manu but it could be something like varuna. Bottom left is to generic to guess, is she holding anything?
>>
>>2127151
Hanuman, Ganesh, Krishna, ????
>>
>>2127377
Corrction: top right is Jhulelal who is an avatar of varuna.
>>
they look like they are made out of sugar
>>
Hey, thank you so much for answering.
Bottom left I think looks like a child, and her head is so big, like a baby's. She has this sort of amphora from whence water flows. Also therer's a rod at her feet and her pose is mischievous.
Thence, maybe baby Krishna then?

Jhulelal, Varuna, awesome, just spent a while on wikipedia. Thanks!

What's up with five-headed Hanuman? Is it like a local variant or avatar?
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 474x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 474x311px
Upper right one is definitely Varuna, and the name of his mount (tha fish-crocodile being) is Makara.
>>
Bottom right is ganesha or ganeca
>>
>>2127151
Top Left - Hanuman
Top Right - Jhulelal
Bottom Left - Baby Krishna
Bottom Right - Ganesh
>>
Top could be a representation of Vishnu as Mastya
>>
Hanuman is Rama's sidekick/servant, he's a monkey superhero who helps rescue Sita in the Ramayana and he's the paragon of what a servant should be.

Balakrishna is Krishna, an avatar of Vishnu (Rama is another incarnation) as a baby. He's pretty widely worshipped, his stories about his antics, playing the flute, generally being a pain in the ass

Ganesha is Shiva and Parvati's son. He's the god of wisdom and the remover of obstacles. Many myths as to how he got his elephant head, one of them is that Shiva cut his son's head off because he was jealous and replaced it with the head of Indra's riding elephant.
>>
Thanks a big lot for your answers fellows. I'll keep learning, you've been of great help, have a pleasant day
>>
>>2128318
bala krishna is literally boy krishna.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.