[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free education

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: BA-history-495x187.jpg (34KB, 495x187px) Image search: [Google]
BA-history-495x187.jpg
34KB, 495x187px
Is it possible to study for a history degree, online, for free?
>>
>>2126804
It depends, do you want a piece of paper at the end? If yes, than probably not.
>>
>>2126809
Preferably, but not necessarily. I'd be happy to pay for the certificate at the end, provided the fee isn't ridiculous.
>>
>>2126818
Not 100% sure about this link -
http://proxypiratebay.xyz/torrent/10375085/_The_Great_Courses_-_The_Teaching_Company_Megapack_280_Courses

Try and find a legit torrent for that. You obviously won't get a piece of paper for this, but it is the best torrent in the world, not even joking. Each course is a university level course which usually costs upwards of 900 dollars, each course comes with a pdf study guide with questions and what not.

https://www.edx.org

^ lot's of free and pay courses online from some of the top universities in the world, MIT, Harvard, Berkely. Some you have to pay for but are very, very reasonable ($50 per course and you get a piece of paper, how reliable that piece of paper is though is up for debate). Is a great website regardless.
>>
>>2126868
Forgot to add picture of the torrent.
>>
>>2126868
edx seems good, but there isn't any European History at the moment, which is a shame.

That torrent looks like an absolute goldmine. Thanks!
>>
>>2126804
just browse /his/ memes and greentexts for your history knowledge
>>
If I recall there was a Joe organ podcast with the Canadian Psychologist and he was dicussing that a professor was planning on doing a online degree program but the catch would only the top 10% of the class would get a degree.
>>
>>2126868
Downloaded on of the course on Victorian Britain and I only got two of the 12 lectures. Pretty annoying.
>>
>>2127401
Turns out it's on Youtube. Neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoNyGvtDrtA
>>
I got a BA in History for Thomas Edison State University for free. Granted my employer payed for but it would of been very cheap other wise.

>25 CLEPs and DSSTs for most credits
~$2.5k
>Histography class
~$1k
>Capstone course
~$1k
>>
>>2128189
How did you get your employer to pay for a history degree? What do you do?
>>
The Open University obviously
>>
>>2128771
A lot of corporations do this. Most will require you to maintain a certain GPA, cap on how many classea you can take in a year, and will require a certain obligation to stay.

>What do you do?
I do IT in the Army. They paid for my IT training and certifications as well as my exams and classes for my History degree. All I do is re-image computers and make accounts while documenting my work. There's a lot of suck but I did get a BA and an IT career at 22.

My sister had the same thing being a barista at Starbucks and my friend said they were paying for his Philosophy degree at AT&T. Also, a lot of employees at university have turion covered, sometimes even janitors and landscapers.

Here's a list of companies that do it:
https://getunbound.org/blog/33-companies-that-can-save-you-from-college-debt
>>
>>2129004
>free
>>
>>2126868
>Each course is a university level course which usually costs upwards of 900 dollars
1. "The Great Courses" is a scam aimed at pseudo intellectuals
2. None of the courses come close to $900
>>
>>2129004
An MA in History costs £5K from there.
>>
>>2129171
How is it a scam? their history lectures are quite good, the courses are constantly on sale anyway.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.