[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military parades

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_2201.jpg (177KB, 732x441px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2201.jpg
177KB, 732x441px
Why do they seem so unpopular and unenthusiastic now a days?

(Pic related everyone in the crowd looks bored and none of them are cheering or waving miniature flags, or throwing flowers or anything. It makes me sad)
>>
The only people who like war are idiots and war profiteers.
>>
>>2123436
>>>/leftypol/

They are meaningless and the tanks damage the streets. Go do something useful with my tax dollars.
>>
>>2123436
Men love war, it's in our nature.
>>
it's typically countries that are insecure or emasculated that bother.
>>
>>2123433
They were meant to be spectacles to awe people. They no longer do, so there's no point to them.
>>
File: i'm morgan freeman bitch.jpg (86KB, 1047x787px) Image search: [Google]
i'm morgan freeman bitch.jpg
86KB, 1047x787px
>>2123433
>that pic
>>
>>2123433
Because of the leftiests fuckers that want desmoralize the army.So with that they do their revolution.

>muh revolution muh
>>
>>2123436
>like war
This is like saying people that have jobs enjoy them.

The military industrial complex exists becuase it took the u.s. 3years to prepare for ww1 and 2, and its the same thig economically as food stamps.

Killing dunecoon drug dealers is neither a bad thing or a war. The biggest problem with the m.i.c. is that it reduces the velocity of currency.
>>
>>2123433
because leftist fucked them up, some countries are backing again great's military parades like Argentina, Brazil, Russia, Turkey, India, etc
>>
>>2123452
t. Alfred Neveron Awar
>>
>>2123433

Because only retards have a hardon for military bullshit
>>
>>2123452
You never had to watch a helicopter take away one of your best friends in pieces. Or shoot an innocent civilian by accident. Or raise children with dead fathers.

War is a highly traumatic and just plain fucked up for everyone.
>>
>>2123433
Because war has been a pointless and inglorious affair since the end of WWII.

War was cool when it was about conquest or resisting conquest. Now you basically get nothing from winning a war and risk nothing in losing it.
>>
>>2123625
niether have you, lets be honest
actual veterans have often said that despite the horrors of war it was the best time of their lives
>>
>>2123625
Neither have you fucktard. There are just as many accounts written by actual soldiers that glorify war as there are that demonise it.
>>
File: 402.png (441KB, 1015x1527px) Image search: [Google]
402.png
441KB, 1015x1527px
>>2123666
Because military life is simple and civilian life is an order of magnitude more complicated. You're in the best shape of your life, you're young and hot shit, you travel the world and fuck exotic women. You're hanging out with your best friends 18 hours a day and cursing as freely as you want, calling each other faggots and fuckfaces. In civilian life, you're now just a schmuck who has to deal with all those things the government took care of for you, like a sense of purpose, belonging, the welfare of your family, choices. Now, you see your friends maybe once a weekend if you're lucky. You're getting old and fat. Your knees are blown up from rucking 100 lbs+ combat loads hundreds of miles. You get night terrors and inexplicable anger issues.

>>2123682
Most military memoirs and fiction I've read are filled with a great sense of tragedy and personal loss.
>>
>>2123697
>fiction

wtf i hate war now
>>
>>2123625
I've fought in a war. Have you?
>>
>>2123697
I take it you haven't read on the historical accounts on why men love war. From ancients from Greece to Chinese, to modern times. It's visceral, horrific, can break a man. But from the forge of flames can temper a man.

Or look it at in a more scientific light and see why the majority of tier 1 special operatives are adrenaline junkies. Or the ones who jump from war to war, like from Spanish Civil War, to WW11, to Korea.
>>
>>2123666
>>2123718
>ive shot some retarded towelheads
And when an actual war breaks out you and 3/4 of the worlds population will be vaporized in 17 seconds. Go get an actual hobby.
>>
>>2123738
>I've never experienced war at all but let me tell you about what war is like
lol
>>
>>2123740
>My time in one of the easiest/mst one sided "wars" in history makes me an expert on this subject.
I'm sure your ashes will tell me about all the fun time you had in ww3.
>>
>>2123738
I can reccomend trying to talk about libraries

P.s. You wann talk about libraries?
>>
>>2123708
Ernest Hemingway, Charles Yale Harrison, Kurt Vonnegut, Tim O'Brien, Philip Caputo, Joseph Heller, J.D. Salinger all fought in wars and wrote about their experiences. Now I'm no literary expert but they seemed to be uniformly antiwar.
>>
>>2123740
Truly like a virgin trying to educate others about sex.
>>
>>2123738
This is 4th generation warfare, scrub. Fought through information technology, political influence, and proxy wars. Nations don't fight directly anymore unless there's a complete force disparity, lest unleash Bhagavad Gita x 1,000
>>
>>2123752
>Americans are pussies
All I got from your post.
>>
>>2123436
bye rddit
>>
>>2123718
So? Are you saying it is not a horrendous waste of lives, treasure, and brains? Who wants to see their friends die or come back just to kill themselves? Who wants to ever willingly go through combat where you can die at any moment or have your pecker blown off so you can never function as a man again?

>>2123727
I'll grant you, war is oftentimes necessary, but who wants to glorify a thing like that? Who actually likes killing other people? What kind of depraved person do you have to be to want people to go through that?
>>
>>2123774
Are you a man yourself or not?
>>
>>2123774
Are you a woman?
>>
>>2123778
Yeah, and I outgrew thinking war and the military were cool when I was 15.
>>
A parade is a public ratification of military activities, if they don't happen, something in military policy needs to change.
>>
>>2123798
It's the ultimate display of camaraderie and sacrifice. You are nothing but a beta faggot if you ask me.
>>
File: what a lovely war.png (358KB, 333x507px) Image search: [Google]
what a lovely war.png
358KB, 333x507px
>>2123774
War is both horrific and glorious. The ultimate display of exerting ones' willpower through the most pure form of force, violence.
>>
>>2123813
>thinking of people in terms of alpha and beta
Do you have a small penis or something?
And camaraderie and sacrifice? Sacrifice for what? Camaraderie with who? You're so fucking brainwashed. Stop playing Call of Duty.
>>
File: cuckster.jpg (119KB, 457x640px) Image search: [Google]
cuckster.jpg
119KB, 457x640px
>>2123841
>Call of Duty
I'm >>2123740

Tell me again who knows war only from videogames.

>small penis
Typical female argument. Do you look like pic related?
>>
>>2123813

Is sacrifice a good thing by itself?

Do soldiers follow orders or do they follow morality?
>>
> I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell.
William Tecumseh Sherman
>>
Because USA. Hockey would be boring too if there was one unbeatable team who won the Stanley Cup every year
>>
>>2123433
Because people are fucking tired of war. Also, as an American, I've never even seen a military parade. We have airshows and servicemen celebrated in parades, but never military parades. I think most people would look down on it as authoritarian, conservative or liberal.
>>
File: gq6ym19z24sx.png (494KB, 478x606px) Image search: [Google]
gq6ym19z24sx.png
494KB, 478x606px
>>2123849
Lol until you post your DD-214 and your CAR, you're literally a faceless Internet troll who's just lying out of his ass.
Or you can genuinely be one of the brainless retards like those pogues at Abu Ghraib that they picked up during the ramp up.
>>
>>2123888
I don't even have a clue what those letters mean. Some American shit? I'm not American.
>>
>>2123865
William "I made myself an alcoholic by giving men suicidal orders and leaving a trail of destruction and hatred" Sherman
>>
We still do in the UK.

There's the Trooping of the Colours on the Queens birthday
https://youtu.be/76Xub5FsPac

there's also the Edinburgh Military Tattoo
https://youtu.be/lL45xrqEbL8
though that is more like a military music show
>>
Mexio still has military parades every year during independence day.

A lot of first wolrders say that these parades are oppressive and only dictatorships do them but eh, I find them kind of cool, not like we have tanks or big artillery so its mostly just soldiers jumping around the capital for 2 hours once every year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyVCsqytNRI
>>
File: IranianMissile.jpg (111KB, 567x384px) Image search: [Google]
IranianMissile.jpg
111KB, 567x384px
>>2123433
hilarious dick-waving
I like russian, french and the spanish one every october 12th too
>>
>>2123433
We have fewer dick kings and dictators to satisfy these days. They're the inauthentic bastardization of old community regiment pageants and honor marches.
>>
>>2123501
soviet union held military parades every year though
>>
>>2123433
> Why do they seem so unpopular and unenthusiastic now a days?
a few were awfully wrong
>>
>>2123433
Military Parades are pretty cheap displays of military power. Of course people are less enthusiastic about it.

Consider the irony that only second tier powers and third world cunts like this sort of shit. The real powers just reserve a single, special day for them. (trooping of the colors, Bastille Day, May 1 Victory Day parade, anniversary of the Second Sino Japanese war)

And my favorite: the US never does, it only does parades after actually being in fucking wars.
>>
We still have them every year, and everyone loves it.
>>
>>2124076
Well Russia has a dog & pony army anyway.
>>
>>2123433
it has no place in the sissified culture present in many western countries today
>>
Damn Americans sure are bad at marching in parades... just compare them to the Russian delegation marching right behind them, now THATS marching...

>5:12 its when the American delegation appears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNM-VmIFkvw&feature=youtu.be&t=312
>>
>>2123625
>War is a highly traumatic and just plain fucked up for everyone.

Nah, honestly I had a lot of fun. At worst it was boring, but not traumatic. Though admittedly I never had to fight somewhere where I actually cared about the civilians or even saw them as humans, and the enemy never had any chance of really fighting back. We were more scared of Americans fucking something up in their air support or those boy fuckers of the ANA not doing their job properly.

Mali for example was exhilarating. We came, the people loved us, we fucked up islamists in Toyota trucks all the way to their mountains, we came back.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (254KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
254KB, 1280x720px
>>2123774
>Necessity is the mother of invention
hmm, turns out it's not such a waste of brains after all
>>
>>2124104
>Though admittedly I never had to fight somewhere where I actually cared about the civilians or even saw them as humans, and the enemy never had any chance of really fighting back.
>It's good because we're winning logic.jpg.
Ok, I'm now for the dissolution of Europe. You nigs need to murder each other again and go back to post WWI boohooing before this pseudo-macho shit takes over.
>>
>>2123436
The biggest meme it that everyone who fights in war hates it
>>
>>2123778
>Are you a man yourself or not?
That's your argument?

lol
>>
>>2124104

It can be fun. Grunts don't have enough it so nice.

t. Navy operator
>>
>>2124315

Have it so nice. Damn phone.
>>
it happens every year couple times for National Holidays in Turkey
>>
Happens every year here.
Pretty fun and probably the most important national holiday.
Plus fancy parades are great.
>>
File: EMI_596897.jpg (79KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
EMI_596897.jpg
79KB, 700x394px
>>2123433
Not everywhere
>>
>>2123452
Lot's of veterans will disagree with you.
There is a pace for everyone in society.
>>
>>2123433
Fuck parades. Military, gay, whatever, fuck them all.
>>
Why is it that students (i.e. children) always start leftist revolutionary movements, whereas army generals (i.e. men) always start fascist coups? What does that say about the respective systems of beliefs that motivate them?

Orwell disliked military parades, but even the worst of those seem like artistic masterpieces (as Leni Riefenstahl showed, to the eternal chagrin of the pseudo-intellectuals) compared to the sheer ugliness of a demonstrating mob. Demonstrations should be banned, if for no other reason, on purely aesthetic grounds. But there are other reasons too. The demonstrators are not brave enough to pick up weapons, nor intelligent enough to write down their complaints. If I were president I'd promise to read an essay written by the demonstrators' leaders. But to ACT on it? That decision would remain mine. What else did you elect me for? This is democracy: The 51 percent calls the shots and the president goes with them otherwise he doesn't get reelected. To care for the 49 percent who didn't vote for him is not only stupid, but anti-democratic: a betrayal of his constituents (and constituents too stupid to realize when they have been betrayed). NO DEMONSTRATOR HAS EVER HAD GROUNDS ON WHICH TO COMPLAIN. I will repeat it: demonstrations are anti-democratic; a vocal minority bullying the government to overlook and act against the wishes of the civilized majority (which has already expressed its wishes THROUGH THE BALLOT). It should be written into every constitution: demonstrations are illegal. Not to speak of throwing rocks at police officers. Merely to call them names is reason enough for prison time; any kind of assault on them for a death sentence handed down on the spot, Judge Dredd-style. Now that'd be cutting-edge democracy at work: the democracy of the future.

Things to consider, on an otherwise untouchable topic!
>>
>>2123452
>Men love war, it's in our nature.

Wrong. Men love *simulating* war. War is fun when you skip to the action and remove real world consequences. Real war is not fun.
>>
>>2125451
>whereas army generals (i.e. men) always start fascist coups?
The Turkish military coups were always secular and pro-democratic so far.
>>
>>2123897
No you're just retarded. I'm not from the States and still know what they mean
>>
>>2123760
You don't talk shit about americans. They are a great model of commom sense alongside brits.
>>
Chile throws one every year, and its great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApjgnL_dU4Y
>>
>>2123433
When was the last glorious war?
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.