[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain Norse myth to me as if I were a five year old.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 5

File: Odin,_der_Göttervater.jpg (460KB, 759x890px) Image search: [Google]
Odin,_der_Göttervater.jpg
460KB, 759x890px
Explain Norse myth to me as if I were a five year old.
>>
File: 14533327655387.jpg (11KB, 274x328px) Image search: [Google]
14533327655387.jpg
11KB, 274x328px
Witnessed
>>
File: 1477599659495.jpg (29KB, 700x512px) Image search: [Google]
1477599659495.jpg
29KB, 700x512px
>>2122222
Checked
>>
>>2122222
Be my ai waifu
>>
File: 1482241472988.jpg (123KB, 750x1024px)
1482241472988.jpg
123KB, 750x1024px
>>2122222
>>2122233
Checked.
>>
Quints? Okay.

The world as they knew it were divided by its' distance from the world tree, Yggdrasil, that kept up the heavens; Its' canopy was the sky.

At the centre, just by the trunk, were vast caves carved into the root. Around it, built into the tree, was Asgard, the home of the gods. In a ring around it, the home of faeries. Around that ring, on the middle layer, humanity lived, Midgard, earth. And, understandably, it deteriorated from there, with dwarves, giants, elves..

That'd about do it, geographically
>>
>>2122239
>In a ring around it, the home of faeries
Now I might just be retarded, but I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as Norse fairies. There were the light and dark elves, but not fairies.
>>
>Explain Norse myth to me as if I were a five year old.

Óðinn with his brothers kill Ymir. THE END
>>
>>2122274
I don't know what to call them if not for fairies. Small, frail, very un-Tolkienesque little mini trolls.
>>
before this thread is flooded with anti-Nordic (anti-white) Christians with the memes and semen drinking Loke, let me just recommend reading the source material we have

Gylfaginning is your best bet
find an English translation, it gives an overview of the mythology and the most important stories
then you can dive into the Poetic Eddas, which are the stories themselves
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.