[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT : We are in the year 1700 and you are located at the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 60

File: v2_c4_s19_ss02_01.jpg (22KB, 329x585px) Image search: [Google]
v2_c4_s19_ss02_01.jpg
22KB, 329x585px
ITT : We are in the year 1700 and you are located at the same place you are right now. You have just enough money to buy a bit of food and a pistol.
How fucked are you?
Bonus points if you greentext what you would do
>>
>>2117941
>Montreal, New-France
I'd probably go with the missionaries exploring the south down to Louisiana. Or maybe go inna woods and join the Injuns to become a "Coureur des bois"
>>
File: brigand-01[1].jpg (518KB, 1542x873px) Image search: [Google]
brigand-01[1].jpg
518KB, 1542x873px
I would become a highwayman. What else can you do with a pistol ?
>>
Swabian peasant. Great.
>>
File: 1470087741024.png (47KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1470087741024.png
47KB, 1200x900px
>hear that the saxons are coming
>get drafted
>die from an infected wound in some baltic shithole that nobody has ever even heard of
>>
An Ottawa suburb, middle of December. After a short drop from the second floor into the snow, I found myself out of walking distance of any European settlement as far as I know.

I'm probably fucked and I'll freeze to death before I find anyone.
>>
>>2117941
>How fucked are you?
That entirely depends if I don't immediately sink into the marsh that used to be here and drown
>>
>>2118012
You'd probably meet some french hunters. This region was already known by the colonists
>>
Small Town in England.

>can read and write
>Travel to prestigious univerisities/institutions in London.
>Use the pistol to get a horse so i can travel.
>Attempt to contribute and offer services in steam engine development.
>Fail miserably, become a beggar.
>Die 2 months later from dysentery and depression.
>>
File: Nouvelle-France_map-en.svg.png (50KB, 310x221px) Image search: [Google]
Nouvelle-France_map-en.svg.png
50KB, 310x221px
>>2118012
>>2118032
Forgot pic
>>
I'd be 18 years too early for my city (San Antonio), but assuming the Comanche don't kill me I might find Spaniards at the SA River.
They'd probably have at least some churches, right?
>>
>>2117941
>Random shitstain on Minnesota frontier
>End up trading in furs
>Die because Natives don't like that you killed the buffalo
>>
File: 1466868168415.jpg (125KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466868168415.jpg
125KB, 960x720px
>Eastern Rhode Island
I'd be within walking distance from a VERY small village (like maybe 30-40 people), populated by Congregationalist settlers. A decade or two later, my town was incorporated from a separate town because of that village. Not many natives in the area I believe, because King Philip's war was over, and they had either moved on or they were subjugated.

tl;dr could be a hell of a lot worse!
>>
>Texas
I can speak Tex-Mex Spanish

Think that'll convince the Spaniards to like me?
>>
>suburb of Washington DC

Northern VA wasn't settled at that time AFAIK but I suppose I could make my way down to Jamestown if I had a map/compass. Maybe some Native Americans would help me. But most likely I'd freeze to death before I made it there.
>>
>>2118112
>Charlottesville

Ideally, I run into some Indians, and the Indians see my white-ass skin, assume I wandered off from one of the colonies, and I end up at Jamestown.

Ideally, said Indians aren't at war with the Europeans, or I'm in for a rough time.
>>
My region wasn't settled until 1836 and the nearest town was probably on the coast of lake Michigan, from which I am thirty miles. at -10, my chances of making it are zero.

would probably use the pistol to kys myself.
>>
Istanbul.I am comin fo dat Europe of yours whitey.
>>
>>2117941
>Indianapolis
Time to look for some fellow British Colonialists!
Probably die on the way East, though.
>>
>>2117941

Eh, my city was pretty tiny in 1700, but it's a port so I get on a ship top America, make my way to California, and plant myself a vineyard and live the good life.
>>
>Miami, Florida
>Fucking swampland as far as the eye can see

Yea I'm fucked. Use that pistol on myswlf once the food runs out
>>
>Zone 10 of Guatemala City
The city wasn't properly founded until 1776 by the viceroyalty of the Captaincy General of Guatemala. So I'd be sitting in the middle of a huge valley with a tiny church town nearby (El Carmen). Considering I'm fair skinned, armed, and speak spanish and english, I wouldn't have much trouble fitting in with the local conquistadores.

tldr: comfy conquistador life at El Carmen
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (414KB, 1905x1057px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
414KB, 1905x1057px
>>2117941
>Iceland I will die in few hours from the cold, there are no guns and everyone is poor as shit, iceland was in the 17th century to the danes what new York was to snake plisken, a fkn prison
>>
Im about a mile from a Hudson River settlement. I'm not exactly dressed for the weather but I think I could make it.

I think if op made this thread not in December we'd all have a chance of doing better.
>>
File: Ansicht_Zuerich_Herrliberge.jpg (895KB, 2341x920px) Image search: [Google]
Ansicht_Zuerich_Herrliberge.jpg
895KB, 2341x920px
>>2117941
>wake up, be Swiss, still be in Zurich, but outside the walls
>a pistol's worth means I got enough money to eat and drink and lodge for months
>I still speak the local idiom, albeit with a horrible accent
>likely I go the local pub in the farming village before the gates, order a meal and some wine, the innkeeper laughs at me for not bringing my own knife and fork.
>try to figure out how I can make a living, maybe book keeping
>I would know quite a deal about technology and science, but I'm not sure how to make money of those, especially when I'm an outsider.
>likely I'd try to make a living and work on a water powered spinning loom, or I'd buy uncleaned cotton and build a cotton gin and find an investor
>starting the industrial revolution a bit early, just with the textile industry in mind.
>If things work out and I survive cholera I should become a wealthy industrialist. I'll invest my money for the progress in science, medicine and society, with a bit of luck I'll leave a legacy as Playboy, Genius, Billionaire and Philanthropist.

I'm ok with this

>>2117983
I'd hire you as stable boy if you like, you won't starve, be drunk every week and the local whores will know your name and preferences.
>>
>tfw Fraser Valley, B.C.
I'd probably end up bumming around the massive cedar forests living as a hunter gatherer (or just a gatherer since I'm a skilless, stupid, and squeamish. As far as I know the native tribes who lived here where mostly peaceful salmon fishers so guess it wouldn't be to bad.
>>
Northern Austria-Hungary. Speak weak Hungarian. Probably would become a peasant serf or something, if lucky become a part of the clergy as I can read/write and generally educated.
>>
Poland.
Probably would just get raped and thrown into a ditch because i'm a woman.
>>
OP, can you give us food and water for a month, a pistol with a few bullets, furs and boots, a modern-for-the-time map, a compass, and a cross?
And maybe start us off with April?
>>
>>2118269
If you are close tho Gdansk or Wroclaw or Krakow you should be ok. If in the east, then rape and ditch it is indeed.
>>
>>2117941
>rural NSW, Australia

I would be completely fine, the aboriginals were know to be hospitable towards runaway colonials as well as having agriculture in place. You just need to remove the European mindset off private property and your good to go.
>>
>>2118272
OP here.
I should have mentionned that you have the appropriated clothing for where you are and you have enough food for 1 week
>>
File: wojak_british_redcoat.jpg (54KB, 600x768px) Image search: [Google]
wojak_british_redcoat.jpg
54KB, 600x768px
>>2117941
>New York, British New York
Better start working for a trading company or shipyard or something
>>
Well I live in South Carolina so I'd probably just find a job on a ship somewhere.
>>
>>2118252
>Fraser Valley

JUST
>>
>>2117941

> 1700
> Poltava

oh, fuck
>>
>>2117941
>Sonoma county, California
Head down to the Spanish settlement in Monterey and chill out in the beautiful untouched landscape. Sounds good to me
>>
File: nervous.png (1MB, 2560x1432px) Image search: [Google]
nervous.png
1MB, 2560x1432px
>>2117941
>appear in 1700
>mfw my hometown was just dense, swampy wilderness until the 1800s
>literally nothing but wildlife, plants and water
>get desperate enough from dehydration to try drinking some water
>get full of parasites and disease
>die while shitting and puking in the South Florida wilderness
>>
File: t3_4yk9qd.png (150KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
t3_4yk9qd.png
150KB, 557x605px
>>2117992
>hear that the saxons are coming
>get drafted
>be ordered to dig the grave of some dude who died from an infected wound here in this baltic shithole that nobody has ever even heard of
>steal his wedding ring
>>
>>2118327
>be Saxon
>get drafted
>kill thousands of swedeshits
>loot the corpses
>one of them has two wedding rings, weird huh
>>
>>2117941
>wake up in a snow bank in the middle of a forest in what is today an Ottawa suburb
>first settlement (in Hull, several hours walking) established in 1800.

If I'm lucky, I get found by some Algonquin tribesmen and they think my French is passable-enough to not assume I'm English. If they think I'm English, they slit my throat and dump me in the Ottawa river. If they think I'm French, maybe I get lucky and they bring me to Montreal or Quebec. There, I can go to Eastern Quebec and meet one of my ancestors.
>>
>>2117941
>Middle of the Netherlands
I'll probably die digging peat or some shit.
>>
>Monterrey, north of México

Probably spend time being bitten by scorpions, dying of the heat, secretly being jewish and attacking injuns.
>>
Helsinki, Great Northern War is about to start. Probably going to be drafted and to die for Charles in some Russian shithole. Yes, I am fucked.
>>
>thumb area michigan
hope to stumble upon some frenchies near rivers or something.
>>
File: 1jh1uEf.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1jh1uEf.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Northern New Jersey in December

Off to New Netherlands!
>>
>>2118390
>New Netherlands
You New Jerseyite scum, the Brits took it over and renamed it in 1664
>>
>>2117941
>How fucked are you?
Very fucked, considering I'm just about to fall down 10m.
Actually I'm surprised noone said it yet.
>>
>>2118252
Same as you anon, I live in the valley too.
>>
>>2118399
Fuck, at least they speak english
>>
File: 1422820365381.jpg (523KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1422820365381.jpg
523KB, 1024x1024px
>Tunisia
>Join a corsair crew, roaming the mediterranean and beyond looting and collecting european qts for my harem while singing jolly chanties
Not bad at all
>>
>>2117941
>How fucked are you?
Nigga I'm dead. It's night in winter and I'm miles away from civilization while wearing just enough not to shiver in a room heated to 18°C.
>>
>>2117941
Well, my town was supposedly here already. So maybe I would become a farmer or something.
>>
>>2118417
>implying you wouldn't be a slave yourself, considering you have no clan ties and came from nowhere
>>
File: wojak_dutch_william.jpg (134KB, 1040x986px) Image search: [Google]
wojak_dutch_william.jpg
134KB, 1040x986px
>>2118414
Most people were still freaky deeky Dutch.
Meet me at the North Gate of Wall Street. We'll work something out.
>>
>>2118429
sure thing m8
>>
>>2118312

Literally no Spanish were living there in 1700, it was just a place on a map and probably some Ohlone people sitting around.

As for me
>walk down the creek to the ocean and walk till I find a village
>natives are chill as fuck, get some pimp otter fur suit
>use whatever Boy Scout tricks I can to impress them and establish good relations (sailing knots, water purification, idk)
>set up a little adobe house (maybe teach natives adobe method, they probably would like something more than thatch)
>chill and wait for some Spanish sailors to get blown off course, maybe marry a QT3.14 Indian
>Speak in fucked up Spanish and hope they give me some spare tools in exchange for helping negotiations with locals
>begin making consumer goods (chairs, end tables)
>natives fall in love with that shit
>village becomes trade hub
>start trading for useless flakes of rock, natives think I am weird
>begin amassing gold
>Spanish cunts show up few decades later, obscene amounts of gold now collected
>either I or my Indian boy opens First Bank of Alta California
>NewWorldRothschilds.jpg
>>
>be me
>be 1700 Louisiana
>go to nearest plantation
>offer myself as a servant
>work for most of my life
>gets offer a land deed from the spanish when they take over in 1765
>makes a plantation that last till the civil war
>>
File: 1467834419592.jpg (878KB, 1059x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1467834419592.jpg
878KB, 1059x1469px
>>2118427
>Urban Tunisia
>Clans
>A fellow "muslim" getting enslaved
>>
>>2117941
>fall 2 stories
>hope I survive
>within walking distance from one of the busiest UK ports
>become a pirate
>>
>>2118439

I could go on with this:

>ideally, change the course of history by helping tribes create a Confederation of all the local tribes
>fend off off the Villainous Spaniard
>establish just and fair California with non-retarded water and land rights, things go great

>can't change history
>become so powerful that the Spanish are forced to grant me a huge rancho covering most of the LA basin
>let that land stay intact for a hundred years, maybe build an actually decent railroad while I wait
>wait till someone invents oil drilling and the car
>Richest Man in the World
>>
>>2118193
MN? Same bro. Maybe some Indian tribes will take pity on us.
>>
Western Finland

Welp, time to build a hiding place somewhere remote and start stocking supplies, because the Russians are coming and the occupation wasn't called "The Great Hatred" for nothing.
>>
>>2117941
>great black swamp in midwinter
I'll be dead by tomorrow morning.
>>
>>2118565
Not tomorrow morning, 316 years -1 days ago.
>>
>>2117941
Richmond, Virginia. Wasn't founded until 1737 so the closest English settlement would be either Williamsburg or Jamestown, about 60 or so miles southeast. So I'm fucked unless the Powhatan somehow decide not to kill me and I travel 60 miles on foot without dying.
>>
Charleston, Province of Carolina
Those faggots in the northern part of the province are jealous that we in the southern half have the best harbor
>>
File: 1472483400249.jpg (57KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
1472483400249.jpg
57KB, 600x675px
>>2117941
>Rhode Island
I find work as a pirate, not too bad.
>>
>living in humboldt
If the Indians don't kill.me first I'll trade my pistol for a metal sword and use it to unite the tribes and forge a wine/fishing empire in the northwest. Or catch a boat for Hawaii and spend my life insuring the survival of the kingdom of hawaii
>>
>>2117941
88 years until whites arrive.

Just kill me now.
>>
File: 1453472188702.png (75KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1453472188702.png
75KB, 208x206px
>>2118287
Forgot to greentext
>wake up in what is now Queens, New York
>hoof the 14+ miles to New York proper
>literate, numbered, familiar with the Bible, am a good Christian
>work as a clerk at a trading company or naval brokerage exporting furs, timber, and foodstuffs, importing glass, muskets, and slaves
>organize a trading expedition to the west in the Allegheny Mountains
>winter over with the Indian chief's QT daughter as my gf, knock her up
>getrichordietrying.jpg
>return home with a healthy profit
>Invest in a brokerage firm, selling victuals and supplies to the royal navy
>save up enough to buy a farmhouse further out in Long Island or a townhouse in lower Manhattan or both
>marry a QT Dutch or British girl and squeeze out 10 kids, of which 5 live to adulthood
>smoke hemp, drink ale, and exchange bantz with Britbongs and proto-burgers until I die at 70 of pneumonia
>>
>>2118630
>>2118081
Huh, what're the odds
>>
>Norway, close to Oslo
probs be conscripted to fight Swedes
>>
File: 468497716_e1995bd367_z.jpg (133KB, 372x500px) Image search: [Google]
468497716_e1995bd367_z.jpg
133KB, 372x500px
Coastal British Columbia

I'm pretty sure Europeans won't be around for another 88 years, so I'd probably be fucked. The people here were pretty peaceful though, and they'd probably be impressed by my blue eyes, so if I was lucky I'd get enslaved by one of the groups until I could learn a bit of their language.

Then I'd try to convince them I was a time traveler from the future, start impregnating native girls to give them my disease resistant genes, and try my hardest to unite the various tribes to resist European advancement and maintain their civilization. If I was lucky I'd even be remembered as the time traveling philosopher king that united the Salish tribes, and retire to a longhouse with a haram of qts and a cool hat.

Realistically I'd probably get murdered for sport when one of the more violent tribes raids the coast and sees the shitty hut I've built for myself.
>>
>>2117941
>Southern Spain

I know how to write, english and some maths.
I could get a good job, something unattainable today
>>
Bumfuck Patagonia as white man.
>get killed by natives.
>>
Perth, Western Australia
>finally able to drink from a river without killer algae bursting out of my chest
>prove my worth to the local aborigines by acting out scenes from anime
>eventually catch a ride with some Dutchmen sailing up the coast to the East Indies
>20 years later present my masterpiece "Ping-Pong" to a packed house in Amsterdam
>>
>>2117941
>twenty feet above the ground in my bedroom

Probably break my legs and freeze to death during the night desu
>>
>>2118345
>not getting married to some chieftains qt daughter
Apply yourself!
>>
>Spanish Texas
Would probably be apart of a mission desu
>>
>>2118654
That's if you don't kill them first
>>
>>2118225
Ayyyyy me too hermano
>swamps and rivers and shit for hundreds of miles with only like one spanish mission in the entire south florida area
>money to buy food and a pistol absolutely fucking useless

Either i turn into a proffessional survivalist with flint tools and shit like that or more likely:

>cut foot, get infected, swarmed by fucking hordes of mosquitoes, get malaria,
>die a slow painful death alone in the middle of nowhere with only iguanas and endless fucking mosquitoes to hear my last words:

>OP es un marico
>>
>>2117941

All in all not too bad.

>Be me, literate and well-educated
>in rural Ohio
>innawoods with a bunch of fucking beads
>no food
>no weapon
>try to find people
>see what looks like a trail, decide to follow it
>get caught in a deadfall trap
>break my leg
>wait for the hunter to check the trap
>some injun
>i'm_fucked.smokesignal
>he thinks I was trying to rob his traps
>yells and throws rocks at me
>leaves me there
>die of thirst
>>
Sofia, Bulgaria in 1700
>Still under Ottoman rule, I'd look around at my olden city, try to eat a few days with the locals and the run across the Danube where all the revolutionaris are.
>>
>>2117941
I'd walk down to the Spanish mission just a mile down the road from where I live and settle with them. My Spanish is passable (modern Spanish, anyways) and I'd work and help them explore and study to gain myself access to a bed and food.
>>
>>2118751
Southern California here, btw. So in all likelihood the mission would still be just an outpost on the frontier of Alta California, so I'd probably use my pistol and food monies to secure an escort south to the settlements in Baja California or elsewhere in mexico
>>
File: nod.jpg (103KB, 728x843px) Image search: [Google]
nod.jpg
103KB, 728x843px
> Wisconsin, Coast of lake Michigan
Maybe I could find some indians or something
>>
File: bondeliv .jpg (59KB, 300x402px) Image search: [Google]
bondeliv .jpg
59KB, 300x402px
>Denmark on one of the small islands.
>Sell pistol for more coins
>Start working on the farm
>Live off the land
>Get married ,eventually kids.
>Convince my oldest son to get an education in the bigger cities.
Pretty relaxed life, some would say boring, but things have always been laid back here.
>>
>be 5 km from the city gates
>walk there
>realize there is no tunnel yet and have to pay boat fare
>realize the whole city speaks german
>fuck countryside, learn german
>find a job in one of the local theaters, since culture is on the rise
>enjoy 40 years of peace, beer and whores
>>
>>2117941
>Newfoundland
Fucked because I know no French
>I use the money to become a gunsmith's apprentice. Fucking take me I will pay you like 30 dollars.
>Show him my "crazy ideas"
I'm fucking rotted that we're 120 years before the percussion cap so I have to invent that too.
If I can get caps working then I create a magazine fed bolt-action with a muzzle brake, chambered in a .40cal cased round. I suppose you could also do cartridges with a flash hole and use existing lock designs.
Imagine the speed of a straight-pull bolt action with a 4-5 round tubular magazine as compared to a muzzle loading firearm.
If I could make the spring I'd also try a box magazine.
With my fortune from guns and ammo, I start buying copper for:
1, jacketed bullets.
2, electrical wire.
Hopefully at this point I have the money to start building hydroelectric.

Also, as soon as I have money to spare I start buying paper and ink. I will be writing down everything I can remember about modern technology.

If everyone ITT gets to go as well, I expect we'll have a lot of fun making all the conspiracy theories come true. Hell, maybe this already happened and our real tech IS 100+ years ahead of what we see every day. Maybe we're the reptilian overlords. Who's the scalyfag? Who voted to go that way? Dammit.
>>
>>2117941
>Walk 50 miles to New York City
>die of Yellow Fever
>>
>A few hundred meters from the walls of Gothenburg

I'd be fine
>>
>>2117941

Probably less fucked than now. I live in the muslim ghettos of Sweden.
>>
>>2118843
lol same here, but from Jersey
>>
>Swedish northern west coast

The closest village would be at most few hours away, where I could find work, eventually making my way towards a larger city, where I could find a well-paying job with my 21st century education in mathematics, english, physics, chemistry et.c

Or I'd be conscripted for the great northern war and freeze to death in russia.
>>
>>2117941
>Wake up in the middle of Northeastern Iowa
>Closest main settlement is nearly 100 miles away on the Mississippi
>Begin my trek, having to survive off the land.
>It's winter time so I nearly freeze to death. Forced to continue on with a blackened foot.
>Finally reach Dubuque, little more than a shell of my former self.
>Attempt to buy some food
>Realize there is very little similarities with modern English and French at the time.
>Find the nearest gun and try to shoot myself.
>Realize I don't know how to use firearms of that time.
>Collapse on the ground in a pile of snot, tears, and probably blood.
>>
>Wake up as a white boy in isolationist Japan
>pretend to be Catholic missionary and hope they don't kill me
>>
>>2118942
Oh wait, nevermind Debuque wasn't founded until later 1700s

Probably just try to hang myself then.
>>
WHY ALL THE FUCKING SWEDES IN THIS THREAD?
FUCK
AND FUCKING NORWEGIANS, DANES, AND FINNS, TOO
>>
>>2117941
Boston

I'd be alright. I'd use my small bit of engineering knowledge to set up some small industry.
>>
>>2118973
This thread is Nordic masterrace-only now. Please leave
>>
File: EvanstonWY.jpg (127KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
EvanstonWY.jpg
127KB, 500x333px
>high plains Between The Uinta and Wasatch Ranges
>area loosely controlled by shoshone with Ute overlap as other plains tribes migrate into the area from violence by the nomadic plains tribes.
>harsh winter, wolves, and grizzly bear make the area incredibly dangerous
>use pistol to obtain a good horse from the Shoshone so i can head south for winter
>probably die from brutal conditions
or
>join the utes
>learn the secrets of skin walking
>skin walk and haunt with my pistol outside of duschene for the next 700 years
or
>head to lake Utah and fish/forage until winter passes
>survive long enough to connect with Spaniards, hang with them because i could bullshit some catholic stuff and be accepted
>learn spanish
>travel with their posse but bring intel back to the tribes
>eventually get ambush set up
>kill spaniards, warn them of westward expansion, unite Utahs tribes
>convince Natives to help me set up a silver mining encampment
>hoard silver for the next 60 years
>make the Natives here incredibly wealthy and teach them the value of silver by the time the trans continental railroad is proposed.
>convince natives that in 100 years they must invest in/finish the transcontinental railroad
>tfw Natives control one of the most valuable trade routes in the world, effectively taxing the hell out of gold and commodities
>makes cali gold rush non-viable, natives go in and buy up all claims
>san fransisco remains a quaint western town by the sea
>from Nebraska to Cali coast is the greatest and largest conservation/national park of all time
>natives become greedy, start mining coal fields, silver, gold
>Evanston WY, is at this point a dazzling metropolis with solid silver statues of great Native American Heroes
>Mormon enterprises are smashed by the superpower they encounter when they flee west

>plot twist Native coalition sides with the confederates in the Civil War because of past Union/Fed aggression against tribes

>Union is crushed
>>
>Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

I freeze to death. On the of chance there's a native camp at my location I'm hacked to death.
>>
>>2119005
Native Capital Side quest
>the Shoshone alliance goes into the plains for vengeance
>Arapaho, Crow, Lakota, and Blackfeet are Genocided
>the entire state of South Dakota is littered with flayed men women and children suspended on wooden structures
>badlands still get named the badlands
>>
>>2117941
I'm in the middle of Siberia right now. The closest town is 250km away. It's december and I'm gonna freeze to death. Thanks, OP.
>>
>>2117941
Well unless I sell the gun and buy some land (to cultivate tobacco or raise cattle) or find a trade my best bet would be to move to the coast and beg to join an english pirate crew.
>>
>>2119005
>after learning the histories of his new allies President Lee declares me a legendary savior of the Confederacy
>>
>>2117941
>Brisbane, Australia

Die of heatstroke or get harpooned by Abos I guess
>>
Newcastle NSW Australia

No colonists coming for about 100-120 years. Make a hut by the beach and try to copy the statue of liberty out of kangaroo shit and rocks. Eventually join local aboriginals
>>
>central north carolina
Probably snowing since it was colder back then, hope i can find some peaceful Catawba tribesmen, then maybe make my way to the coast.
>>
>northwest Chicago suburbs
thank fucking god i'm a half native mexican. otherwise their is no way i would have survived a simple walk in the woods.

and the closest major french settlement would be like a week away
>>
>>2117941
>middle of Sioux country
I'll be scalped as soon as the Lakota find me
>>
>>2119675
In black hills btw
>>
File: 1481860697710s.jpg (3KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1481860697710s.jpg
3KB, 125x93px
>>2117941
>Connecticut, USA
I guess ill just be a cuckloniest and die of dyssentary after having 14 protestant children at age 26
>>
>>2119675
>>2119683
actually the Lakota hadn't been given horses till the 1730's, so you got a chance
>>
I guess look for a mission or some Spanish explorers. That or hope whatever Indian tribe I run into doesn't try to kill me. (AZ)
>>
>Southern Ontario

The eternal frog "claimed" this territory but didn't settle it for 50 years after. Even then it was a peasant shithole that they called Poverty Coast.
>>
File: 20160720_125325.jpg (617KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160720_125325.jpg
617KB, 1080x1920px
Williamsburg, VA. Capital of the colonies.

Well, the same damn thing I do for a living now: Marching, shooting muskets, building defenses, and trying to make sure the volunteer militia dont muzzle sweep each other while loading. All in alternating too hot and too cold weather. Pic related.
>>
>New Zealand
I wake up in a Forrest, then get killed and eaten by Maori

Or I use my ability to count to 5 in their language to infiltrate their tribe, and get killed and eaten by another tribe in a pointless revenge war. I don't even think Europeans know this country exists [spoiler]now or then it doesn't matter[/spoiler]
>>
File: 0933_-_AY3cYwm.jpg (30KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
0933_-_AY3cYwm.jpg
30KB, 400x388px
>>2117941
>Vanves (bordering southwest Paris)
>My father is french and my mother asian, so I shouldn't expect to be treated as a frenchman
>The Princes de Condé have asked Mansart to build a Chateau in Vanves
>Make friends with the masons
>Try to get employed as a construction worker
>Engrave secret Pepes in some of the stones, with timestamps
>Hide future-telling drawings everywhere i can in the Chateau
>Hopefully find a secured job as a mason or masterbuilder
>Keep building houses that have timestamped prophetic stuff hidden here or there
>Centuries later, historians across the globe pull their hair about these 18th century engraving of a smug-looking frog that show up next to other Hitler, Oprah and Winnie the Pooh engravings
>>
>>2117941
>1700
>western Missouri
I probably die of exposure or starvation without ever seeing another white man.
>>
Give me a large reefer ship and I'll be the richest man in the world in 6 months...
>>
>Wake up a few miles away from Ottoman Jaffa (Tel-Aviv) knowing only Modern Hebrew and English
>Totally white so everyone suspects that I'm a British spy
>Bribe the Ottoman guards to allow me to enter the city (most likely get killed here)
>Try to find a Rabbi and communicate with him in writing
>Learn Turkish and work on a trading ship to get to Europe
>Pose as a Palestinian Christian seeking refuge in England, go to London to make my fortune by inventing the rubber wheel and the bicycle, setting off a tragic South American rubber boom 200 years too early.
>""discover"" rigorous calculus before Cauchy can get to it.
>>
>>2119912
>Give me a large reefer ship and I'll be the richest man in the world in 6 months...
You'd be the richest man in the world instantly.
>>
File: 1382016023505.cached.jpg (282KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1382016023505.cached.jpg
282KB, 2000x1333px
>>2117941
Hudson Valley, on the Hudson, NY
My town was established in the 1600s by the Dutch, before becoming British in the 1700s, Corn farming based economy. I probably would get a job in the navy or some shit
>>
File: 580px-Catedral_de_México.jpg (62KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
580px-Catedral_de_México.jpg
62KB, 580x387px
Wilderness. I would probably try to walk to Mexico City. During this trip, I would probably die of something.
>>
>>2119926

And I'd have thousands if not millions of tonnes of practically free beef to ship to europe
>>
>>2118954
I live in Dubuque and if I ever see you here I'll beat the shit out of you
>>
>>2119947
I'm just saying, it's kind of silly to say "If I had the most expensive thing in the world, I'd be the richest man in the world."

Anyway, you'd quickly not be able to ship thousands of tonnes of meat due to the low supply of fuel oil in the 1700s.
>>
>>2117941
>In the middle of bumfuck nowhere French Louisiana
I wander around hoping to find a french fur trader but can't and then die in the snow
>>
>>2117941
a day or two's walk from where they discovered gold in California

Provided I can escape getting murdered by natives, I'll be pretty happy
>>
>>2117941
>be me, 19 yo kumeyaay
>live a kickass life in Socal
>subsequently die at the old age of 35
>>
File: Charisma - 3.gif (2MB, 280x174px) Image search: [Google]
Charisma - 3.gif
2MB, 280x174px
>>2119948
>>
>>2117941

>quick walk to any nearby wealthy English or Dutch town

>Go to New York in the morning

>Live there for the rest of my 40 year lifespan

Bretty gud
>>
File: 1481848087588.gif (180KB, 226x224px) Image search: [Google]
1481848087588.gif
180KB, 226x224px
>>2118642

Hello Nassau County here would you like to go into business together and Jew the Brits out of a ton of pounds?
>>
File: 1480690532905.jpg (464KB, 1190x1872px) Image search: [Google]
1480690532905.jpg
464KB, 1190x1872px
>>2117941
>Twin Cities Minnesota
>Try to find nearest French fort or outpost
>Can speak enough French to get by
>Pray they don't shoot me for being Anglo
>Freeze well before I get there
>Or die via blood loss from a bear
>Or die via an arrow through the skull

TIS A DAMN TOUGH LIFE FULL OF TOIL AND STRIFE
>>
>>2120089

This song is not even fukcing relevant you pleb
>>
>>2117941
Gonna be a long walk to civilization, money ain't going to do me much good.

Best bet is going to be to carry my ass down to the gulf and go east.
>>
>Southern California
I'm not too sure actually. Idk if whites settled here yet, in which case I won't be able to do much, but I'd most likely survive. The injuns to my knowledge were quite peaceful and they could give me some supplies and a horse for shiny coins and I'd be off.
>>
>Zagreb, Croatia

Try to survive not getting raped by Ottomans daily and probably sign up for the Austrian military, and hope that I don't get another blue-on-blue accident
>>
File: 1469883787908.png (172KB, 315x768px) Image search: [Google]
1469883787908.png
172KB, 315x768px
>>2118334
>be Saxon
>kill thousands of swedeshits
pick one
>>
>>2120089
>>2120099
Why do you cuntsvknow this song? I know that song....are we all tasteless sad fucks?
>>
>>2117941
I'm either in a river or in a swamp next to a river, great.
Only thing i could really do is swim to Hungary.
>>2120220
Rat se zavrsio pre godinu dana.
>>
File: YOUNFyz.jpg (48KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
YOUNFyz.jpg
48KB, 499x499px
>a dozen or so miles north of a town called Baltimore
>move into town
>was raised Catholic and have a British last name so I'd fit right in
>probably make a living selling slaves and tobacco

Seeing as part of my family has been in Maryland since the colonial days, I'd probably do just fine
>>
>Town in the South East of England
>House actually has been built, so first awkward conversation with current owners
>Instantly pressganged into navy
>die of yellow fever in a West-Indian colony
>>
File: 134.jpg (1MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
1MB, 5312x2988px
>>2118296
>>2118412
>>2118252
wow same boys
>>
>>2120263
Chatham here, at least I'll get press hanged and get to leave this shithole
>>
>>2119056
вoт чёpт, я тoжe в дaльнeм вocтoкe
>>
>knoxville TN
>I'm fucked for another 80 or so years
>surrounded by Cherokee who will probably rape me for killing their beaver
>>
File: shivermetimbers.jpg (46KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
shivermetimbers.jpg
46KB, 400x299px
>>2117941
>Plymouth
>enlist in the english navy
>use my supposed natural norwegian sailor talents
>get promoted
>ship is sent to the caribbean
>end up raiding the spanish treasure fleet as privateers
>get shot in the leg
>have said leg sawn off
>die of an infection anyways
>>
>>2118648
Apparently bretty good. RI representing here too.
>>
>West Virginia
>Alone in the woods, far as fuck away from any sort of trading post or frontier settlement
>Cold
>Injuns everywhere
>Go innawoods and try to make it to the Piedmont
>>
well its 112 years until Lewis and Clark get here so I'll become one with the natives
>>
>>2120344
>so I'll become one with the natives
Nice way of saying that you will die in some bizarre and painful way and get eaten afterwards.
>>
>>2117941
>Subfreezing temperatures
>once called "the great american desert"
>surrounded by Indians...
>>
>>2120355
b-but I thought the natives were peaceful and beautiful people until the whites came r-right?
>>
>>2120236
You lost that war dumbass.
>>
>Skåne
Pistols are expensive right?
If so..
>Use my capital to find a job and shelter here in Malmö
>Become a scholar
>>
>Central Iowa
My ancestors are still fucking around the Great Lakes, so I'll need to make the multi-week journey up to Green Bay where their largest settlements are. Hope against hope that I don't get fucked up by Sioux or the elements on the way there. Once I find my people, I'll put my skills to use trying to improve their living conditions and preparing them for future conflict with the white man, though they were known for being an especially independent and stubborn tribe amidst a region filled with such.
>>
>>2120372
My best shit is finding the Verdigris River and following it down to the 3 Forks and then down the Arkansas to the Mississippi
>>
>>2120391
The Saxons sure went killing them
>>
>>2119881
same here, central Minnesota
>>
>>2117941
>Wake up innawoods in the Cape of Good Hope
>meet some Dutch bros on a lumber gathering expedition
>use my ability to speak Afrikaans to convince them I'm one of them [spoiler]they actually think I'm retarded[/spoiler]
>go back to the colony with them
>if I can get enough cash together, buy/stake out a plot of land in Constantia
>start a wine farm
>marry a qt Dutch girl
>have a bunch of kids
>establish the farm as a central pillar of my family, so that it never gets sold off
>establish that neighbouring farmland should always be bought whenever possible
>family ends up owning entire Constantia valley, the center of winemaking in South Africa

pretty comfy desu
>>
I'm surprised nobody's taken into account the fact that they may have not received the vaccine for smallpox, since it was discontinued in 1972, thus if you met any European colonists, you'd more than likely get smallpox within a few days and give them weapons grade influenza or other disease they haven't encountered yet, killing a good portion of either colonial America or Europe.

That being said, I'd wake up in a wooded area in the halfway point between Lake Michigan and present day Kalamazoo, which doesn't exist yet. The closest settlement for me would be Fort Detroit, currently occupied by the French. They would shoot me after I desperately try to communicate with zero French-speaking cappabilities, or die from the numerous natives in the area thinking I'm an Englishman here to steal their land.

I put my survivability rating at zero percent and would die clinging to the miracle that I know enough about math to become a professor of Calculus at Harvard, where I'd be fired from years later for mocking the strict ways of the church back then.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>2120435
Unless you're military or dependent who's lived overseas. I got my SRS shots, and I am up to date, but failing that, you can inoculate yourself just like they did: Find a cow with cow pox, and you're 98% sure to be fine after contracting the disease on purpose.

Hell, if you can get or fake the credentials, you can beat Edward Jenner by a few decades and become a hero.
>>
File: 4-5.jpg (205KB, 296x523px) Image search: [Google]
4-5.jpg
205KB, 296x523px
>>2120470
98% success rate. All you have to do is induce the infection of cowpox, and you'll develop an immunity to smallpox.

Its freaking mindblowing that no one caught on sooner.
>>
>>2117941
I'm either fucced because I live in Australia or I become the king of the Yuggera or Turubul people
>>
Colonial Chile, Santiago
> Wake up in the middle of a field
> Walk into the nearest hacienda to get a work on the fields
>mfw im a mestizo so i dont have many social rights but i know a lot of things that common people of the time dont so i have some sucess on a static and peaceful society.
> Marry a 12yo indian as was the custom of my ancestors, have like 12 childs, half of them die from random diseases.
> Write lots of books detailing things from the future so my offspring can take over the country on the next century
>>
Tampa Florida. Nothing but swamp for hundreds of miles. Wipe my ass with the money and got swimming with the gators I guess
>>
File: 1480460880933.jpg (80KB, 550x699px) Image search: [Google]
1480460880933.jpg
80KB, 550x699px
>>2117941
>Pacific Northwest (what is now present day British Columbia, Canada)
Get killed by Natives or the shitty weather before I get within 1000 miles of civilisation.

pic unrelated
>>
>>2118252
>>2118296
>>2118412
>>2120273
>tfw Langley
>>
>>2118654
>try my hardest to unite the various tribes to resist European advancement and maintain their civilization
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?
>>
>>2117941
>acadia

>try to make a living as a farmhand or something for a few years until the british come to steal your shit and burn down your house
>get deported to louisiana
>start new life
>>
File: dddddd.jpg (72KB, 285x799px) Image search: [Google]
dddddd.jpg
72KB, 285x799px
>>2120391
not to the Saxons
>>
>>2117941
Money is no good, I'm in the middle the Argentine Patagonia. Unless I'm lucky and can meet a nomad tribe of Tehuelches (Patagones), I'm as good as dead since I don't have any surviving skills whatsoever and I'd probably freeze to death.
I'd love to see those tiny 1.55 meters tall Europeans beside a tribe of 2 meters tall Patagones though.
>>
I would be an hour of walking distance away from the nearby general command of the austrian millitary frontier.
>>
>>2120563
To whom then? The Tsardom?
You lost your German territories to the Saxons - seems like a defeat to me.
>>
>appear in northern English village
>walk the 20 miles to York
>look for lodgings
>look for work, hopefully something where I can use my literacy
>find the dialect, culture, and social rules very confusing
>wish I wasn't in 1700
>try and get to London or Bristol
>>
>>2117941
>tfw country doesnt exist

guess il get speared by abo's then
>>
>>2120539
I want to move there, closer to the wilderness and shooting/crown land, and less of a liberal hivemind than downtown and suburbs t b h
>>
>Austria
>warn them about everything
>they wonder why a woman knows shit
>become famous and wealthy by "inventing" shit
>gain political influence by giving them Intel on baguette wars
>Austria becomes technological hub of yurop
>btfos Prussia due to Intel about their unlawful invasion
>become so rich and influential that nobody cares that I eat muff
>live with qt gf in quiet mountain village
AEIOU
>>
>>2120589
>To whom then? The Tsardom?
yes, they were the only ones who didn't surrender

>You lost your German territories to the Saxons - seems like a defeat to me.
What are you on about ? Hanover-Great Britain and Brandenburg-Prussia joined the coalition at the end of the war and partitioned Sweden's northern German dominions among themselvs. Saxony didn't get shit
>>
>>2120630
ur gay
>>
File: wojakhappy.png (664KB, 1001x823px) Image search: [Google]
wojakhappy.png
664KB, 1001x823px
>immediately frolic with cows in the fields until I get cowpox
>teach people about innoculation, vaccination, pasteurization, electricity, hygiene, anaesthetic, vitamin C, compound steam engines, basic chemistry and everything else I can think of to improve people's lives (and rise to fame ;D~~~)
>all set to become an astoundingly famous polymath and meet Isaac Newton and other greats of the time
>>
>>2120641
Yes
>>
>Plunge headfirst into the sea.
>Somehow manage to swim 20 km to shore.
>Dripping wet I walk 50 km to nearest town.
>Head into bakery to buy some bread.
>plop down all my coins since I don't know how much I should pay.
>night falls, die of hypothermia and exhaustion.

Dutch here, the place I live didn't exist in 1700.
>>
>Hattiesburg, Mississippi
>trek South through thick forest and hills for a day
>forage easily because I know these woods
>reach the Gulf Coast
>Fort Maurepas has been there for about a year
>don't know French, but know English and some Spanish
>hope to get on next ship to England
>invent steam engine early
>discover electricity early
>richest man
>>
File: 1327564002811.jpg (80KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1327564002811.jpg
80KB, 413x395px
I'd be quite pleased

>Pensacola, Fl
>northernmost Spanish city of any value
>eh, the population isn't bad, I have the comforts of the Empire
>fluent in Castillian Spanish so I'm not to worried
>was raised Catholic so I'll fit right in
>probably catch the first boat out of here to Mexico, Cuba, or Spain, assuming we're not preyed upon my privateers
>go study Aztec customs before they are more thoroughly supressed
>raise funds for an expedition to the Comstock lode out of california
>become encomendero/silver baron
>use funds therefrom to travel europe
>show the locals lasceaux caves
>show denizens of ötzal the iceman (assuming he's exposed at that point)
>guide locals to location of Sutton hoo
>guide locals to the valley of the kings
>Guide locals to ur, nippur, uruk, etc
>set cultural anthropology and historical knowledge forward hundreds of years
>share basic plans for steam engine
>share plans for aircraft/gliders
>share plans for repeating weaponry
>get to listen to Bach in concert

Damn it feels good to be transported back to civilization
>>
File: Suecia_2-051_;_Nora.jpg (774KB, 2625x980px) Image search: [Google]
Suecia_2-051_;_Nora.jpg
774KB, 2625x980px
Probably conscripted into the army
>>
>>2117941
>melbourne australia
>about 96 years before european permanent settlement
yeah i'm totally fucked
>>
>you are located at the same place you are right now
I'd be drowning in the ocean. Thanks Isostasy.
>>
>rural Japan.
I'm pretty sure this place used to be a village, the hardest part is going to be attempting to avoid the feds because I'm super white.
Yokohama is probably about a week's journey away. When did that become a trading port?
>>
>>2120817
>Central Madrid, just before the sucession war.
>Probably get drafted for the Bourbon Frenchie army.
>Defect to the Austrians
>Live comfy in Barcelona until 1714
>Die in a heroic last stand against the frog invaders.
>>
>>2117941
>1700
>Australia

I die
>>
Half Egyptian half English in the valleys of Wales. Pretty sure I'm gonna have a terrible time.
>>
>>2120822
Get arrested for the crime of being a gypsy.
>>
>>2117941

>Florida.

I put that pistol to my fucking head and end it, senpai.
>>
>Anglo in Nova Scotia
get scalped by the Mik'maw, shot by a coureur de bois, or freeze to death
>>
File: 1478803272543.jpg (200KB, 1010x767px) Image search: [Google]
1478803272543.jpg
200KB, 1010x767px
>In Wallachia
>Become a hajduk
>Shoot bojars
>Take their money and mamaliga
>Peasants love me
>Pesant maidens throw themselves at me
>Get enough money to leave
>Travel to India
>Practice zen and pray sharia
>Buy pepper
>Go to Venice
>Sell pepper
>Get rich
>Become a merchant
>Get voted doge
>notevenajew.jpg
>Live in luxury and spend state money on supplying rebels in austria
>>
>FUCKING FRENCHMAN ARR BURNING MY VILAGES BECAUSE THAT FROG OF A SUN KING WANTS TO INTERVENE INTO THE SUCCESSION OF PALATINE
>FUCKING FRENCHMEN GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: war-of-spanish-succession.jpg (97KB, 757x440px) Image search: [Google]
war-of-spanish-succession.jpg
97KB, 757x440px
>midland, england

Well, considering im quite swarthy looking thoughsound like im from birmingham, id probably act like i was a bastard son of an english nobel and had fought in europe. That alone should tide me over in a town tavern for free ale/ tavern girl pussy.

Id proably get chased out of town for being too eccentric though so i guess id emigrate south. Maybe get some glory/get shot in the war of spanish succesion if i draft early enough in the following year.
>>
>Berkshire, england
>Volunteer for Royal Navy
>Get sent to West Indies
>Do my service and try to keep my head down
>Maybe try and enjoy the Caribbean if it's possible
>After service, use money to travel if possible, I've Always wanted to see 18th century China
>If Not
>Use money from service to immigrate to the new world
>Get married and have some children there
>try to live until the 1750's
>Find George Washington
>Kick him in the balls

truly anglo
>>
>>2120883
>Act like I'm the bastard son of an English noble

How does being from the future help you with that lie?
>>
Sydney, Australia. First colonisation is 1777 fukkkkkkkk
>>
>>2118717
Lmao same here probably
>>
>>2117941
Central Ohio, do what great (several greats) grandpa did and fight Injuns and live off the land.
>>
>Boston, MA
Looks like I lucked out there
>make my way to the harbor
>work my way into a cushy accounting job given my incredible ability to both add and subtract
>acquire wealth
>>
File: tumblr_mbsq10eZPy1rpvjjio1_500.jpg (25KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbsq10eZPy1rpvjjio1_500.jpg
25KB, 323x454px
>>2120948
>Volunteer for Royal Navy
>Volunteer
>for the Royal Navy
>1700
>>
>>2118717

>die a slow painful death alone

Still got that pistol famalam.
>>
>>2120973
I have no real qualifications. It's either that or become homeless.

Trust me, I know it wasn't a fun life.
>>
File: ahaha.jpg (100KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
ahaha.jpg
100KB, 640x359px
>>2120971
>be my ancestor gramps
>veteran of Seven Years War
>serve the glorious König Friedrich II
>return to rural East Prussia
>Russians burned farm
>fich.jpg
>Sell everything I own to go to America
>this could be fun
>Anglos can't spell my name worth a shit
>Go west of Ohio River
>Be cool with the Indians
>American Revolutionary War starts
>Indians no longer cool
>Start fighting Indians for my land
>Americans win the war
>Indians butthurt
>MFW US Gov pays me to stay on the land
>>
>>2118269
Please be in Warsaw
>>
>Oregon, USA

Looks like the indians just acquired a new slave.
>>
File: DEU_Koeln_COA.svg.png (936KB, 2000x1959px) Image search: [Google]
DEU_Koeln_COA.svg.png
936KB, 2000x1959px
The holy and grand cologne!
Even though it is the 17th century this city still livees as if it would be the 14th, including a medieval guild system and a jewban.
Cologne is a peaceful, stagnant and cowardly citystate that isnt drawn into any kinds of war and instead thrives on guild-nepotism and trade. My only problem will be to get a fucking job and to get into catholic theology asap as this city was quiet zealous.
If I dont end as a beggar and do some shit work I might get old here and live somewhat ok for the time, then die before Napoleon reaches the city which will immediatly surrender.
>>
File: IMG_0308.png (29KB, 150x289px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0308.png
29KB, 150x289px
>Stockpile food and no pistol because fuck off /k/
>Find merchant ship in nearby port
>Leave this shothole centuries before it goes to shit
>Preferabbly to Italy or France or something along those lines
>>
>>2117941
Homestead, Florida. A fucking swamp.
>>
>>2121094
I'd let the archbishop know that you were a heretic.

Betteln, winseln, jammern, flennen.Egal, du Ketzer du wirst brennen
>>
>>2121109
Traveling without a weapon. You won't make it 100 miles.
>>
>buy food
>buy pistol
>not that fucked
>>
>>2121122
If I get killed or raped who would it affect? I don't have kids or and diesesus so it's not like I'll change world history in any way.
>>
>>2121113
But anon, the last witch in the rhineland was burned in the 1680s. Catholics also arent that much into burning at this time and im not even a heretic but simply display a disturbing lack of faith which can be hidden.
Peasants at that time still sacrifieced milk to housecobolds and shit, so I guess slacking off in some ways concerning catholic docktrine was ok if you didnt made a fuss about it.
"Ok ming jung, dat maach dann 24 Daler un 30 Rosenkranz Jebete un jitz fort met dir."
>>
Cool thread.

SWFL here.

Guess I'd have to catch a fucking ride to civilization somehow.

Hopefully find a friendly Calusa to give me a ride to the nearest Spanish trading station.

Maybe I can catch a lift on a Spanish ship to Pensacola and get back to civilization.

Or maybe I'll just get myself a Seminole QT and settle down in the swamps and beaches.

1700 South Florida - There ain't shit here but natives.
>>
>>2117941
>rich Italian capital
>near historical center
I'm fine, I'll find some clever way to warn them of the incoming siege in 1706 so the French can get fucked even harder than they already were.
>>
File: press-gang.jpg (515KB, 1420x946px) Image search: [Google]
press-gang.jpg
515KB, 1420x946px
>>2120851
1700 hombre, forget the pepper trade and Venice, you are like 200 years late.

>>2120948
You don't volunteer for the Royal Navy, the Royal Navy volunteers you
>>
>>2121252
I'll be pressed into it then.

I just need a job so I don't starve.
>>
>>2121260
You can read, write, and basic mathematics, ever fought about becoming a clerk, accountant whatever? Instead you "volunteered" for Rum, Sodomy and the Lash. Enjoy your scurvy!
>>
>>2121275
>implying he can read or even do basic mathematics.
>>
>>2117941
>Serb peasant under Ottoman rule
Would hang out wif my homies innawoods and raid Turkish outposts and convoys
>>
>>2121408
>Update
Presumably would jump borders between A-H and Ottoman Turkey, fight in Vojna Krajina and raid Turks.
>>
>Fucking pray that where I am right now had some level of development back then
>Otherwise I'm spiraling down a wooded mountain
>Make my way into town
>Find some English dudes
>Ask for a job

I think I'd be alright assuming I don't die from the fall
>>
>>2121437
I should add I live on St Thomas.
>>
File: How_to_remove_kebab.png (101KB, 1176x2496px) Image search: [Google]
How_to_remove_kebab.png
101KB, 1176x2496px
>>2121408
>>2121436
>never change
>>
File: 1472917861127.jpg (2MB, 1788x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1472917861127.jpg
2MB, 1788x2400px
>>2120950

Because it would be more plausable then saying "hey guys im from the future!"

Put on some feathery hat and height of venician fashion garb (ill use the gun to get that) and grow out a mustache and im set.
>>
>>2121478
Such is life of us modest Serbs
>>
>Paris, France
>Can read, write and count, speak French,English, Latin and German

I think i'll be fine desu
>>
>>2117941
>Southwest Ohio, north of future Cincinnati

I don't think the Shawnee had many run ins with white men yet except maybe the random French trapping party, so probably try to get in with one of the local villages (there were many within just a few miles) and make myself useful. The Shawnee were mostly peaceful until the settlers started fucking them over hard about 30-50 years later
>>
>>2121406
Why such an ass?

>>2121275
I could do that, I suppose. I'd just have no idea what to do to get that work
>>
>Phoenix, AZ
Fuck.
>>
>>2121550
Nevermind, thinking about it now, the Royal Navy sounds like an excellent career choice for you, go for it!
>>
>>2121568
Whats the name of the tribe that will inevitably torture you to death my white friend?
>>
>>2121574
What the fuck's that supposed to mean?
>>
>>2120040

Never trust the Villainous Miwok

You're as good as dead. I would work with Owens Valley people to mine, they were way more chill.
>>
File: a3eb749bb4da232eeb60f87f01bccb28.jpg (219KB, 1129x794px) Image search: [Google]
a3eb749bb4da232eeb60f87f01bccb28.jpg
219KB, 1129x794px
>>2121582
>>
>>2120261

Enjoy dying at 27 from cholera
>>
>>2117941
I'd just be surrounded by acres of farmland near the sea. Live peacefully while hoping no one thinks I'm a (((Spaniaard))). Await annexation by Austria.
>>
>>2117941
>be sitting upstairs
>house ceases to exist around me
>fall, break my legs
>die a cripple
>>
>>2120656

You forgot the part where you are killed when, after being accused of being a witch, literally no one can explain where you came from or who you are.
>>
>>2121507

>have such a bad accent everyone thinks you are retarded

Such is life
>>
>>2121592
"In the Naaaavyy!!"
>>
>Florida
>have rudimentary Spanish
>find my way to Georgia
>find work
>find English qt
>the end
>>
>>2117941
Since i would be in santiago, chile, i would say oretty fucked
>>
>>2117941
>be literally only white man in area
>surrounded by fucking Indians
wat do
>>
>>2121694
Run like hell.
>>
>Detroit suburb
Shit. I might be able to manage hiking the 20 or so miles to the site of the city without freezing to death, but I would have to survive the entire winter there somehow. The French party to establish Fort Detroit won't be arriving until sometime next year in 1701, and even then I don't speak a word of French. Perhaps I could catch them off guard and steal some supplies with my pistol, and start heading eastward. Then again, the settlement party consisted of 100 French soldiers, so it would take a miracle to fight them and get away. Overall, I'm pretty fucked.
>>
>>2117941
>Mohawk territory about 20 miles out from civilization in the dead of winter
Things would be bad
>>
>>2121252
Spices were still pretty valuable in the 18th century
>>
>>2117941
>county antrim in Ireland
I think it'd be alright.
>>
File: 4chan 8.jpg (37KB, 670x496px) Image search: [Google]
4chan 8.jpg
37KB, 670x496px
>New Jersey, on the shore like a hundred yards away from the Manasquan River
>Go to the river
>Attempt to find someone, nobody is fucking here
>Build shitty canoe somehow and try to get out into the ocean, stick near the coast
>Either have the option of going south and finding pirates hiding in the pinelands of south Jersey or go north to New York
>Decide to travel south and chill with some pirates
>Travel south and forage for food/water whenever I need it
>Finally find some pirates chilling
>"Ayy you need someone to join your crew?"
>Get the shit kicked out of me by some drunken pirates
>Die
>>
>New Orleans suburb

Wow, can't wait to fall in a swamp and wait 20 years for Bienville to show up. Maybe bro down with indians or walk to Georgia.
>>
If I went north
>Travel up the coast in the middle of winter
>It gets colder and colder
>Nearly freeze to death, can't really find any merchant ships traveling about
>Finally make it to the northern Jersey settlements
>Trade the pistol for a lift to New York
>ChillinwithNYniggas.oiloncanvas
>Attempt to use whatever knowledge I have to start the practice of modern inoculation of smallpox
>Become rich and successful doctor
>Find qt English girl, get married, have 9 kids
>Die at the ripe old age of 50
All of this is assuming that some Native doesn't find me in New Jersey and scalps me
>>
>>2117941
Join the Habsburg army and fight to get Charles III into power in Spain
>>
>>2117941
I'm in Freiburg, Germany, but I'm an English-speaker foreigner who's obviously not fluent in German. I'm visiting my betrothed's family. The 30 Years War has totally raped the area, leaving ravaged towns and plenty of mostly-empty homes. Technically this is a fortress town belonging to Austria, paranoid about another French, German or some other attack. Luckily I'm Catholic, and engaged to a local, so I'd be pretty safe I guess.

Honestly, I wouldn't want to stay long. If I could, I'd make my way somewhere away from the frontier.
>>
>>2117941
Michigan so the old Quebec province. Better get some natives to point me to some beavers I guess
>>
>>2117941
IT'S FUCKING WINTER, ANON! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME!?
>>
>>2121664
cringe
>>
>>2117941
>Northern Illinois

There was supposed to have been a Pottawatomie village about a mile north of where I live. I guess I would have no better choice to go there first and hope that they'll help me.

After that, follow the rivers down to the Mississippi, looking for the first French trading post I come across, I guess? I'm not certain how extensive French settlement was at that point. In any case, I would try to make my way to the American colonies, where I would know the language and culture well enough to get by.
>>
>>2117941
>tfw northern finland
kinda lucky, it's a seaport in the gulf of botania. i am able to read and my IQ is around 112 so i should be able to do some trading things there and make my way to oulu and from there i would continue to turku with my trading thingys.

only downside is that i'm quite swarthy, people might not like me but i still could try to prove my worth for them
>>
>>2121839
Just checked, there was a French fort in the area of Peoria at this time, so that's a relief.
>>
>>2121849
>>2121839
Imma join you, anon.
>>
>be me
>be 1700
>be central Louisiana
>hopefully not btfo by violent natives
>travel to Baton Rouge
>build boat out of trees
>find an investor for a sugar plantation
>endenture myself as a servant
>work my life as a house servant gradually working my way up
>7 years war happens in my life time
>louisiana gets handed to the french
>given tracts of land by the spanish to build plantation
>builds plantation that lasts till civil war
>over 300 slaves
>1861
>civil war starts
>andaconda plan
>absolutely btfo our economy
>union sails up the Mississippi River
>burns down plantation
>be bumfuck poor till ww2
mfw
>>
>>2121854
You live in the suburbs as well? We could meet up then.

Chicago didn't exist yet, nor Detroit, so the only way out would be to portage down to New Orleans
>>
>>2121862
>louisiana gets handed to the spanish

i want to kill myself
>>
>>2121866
Further out on the state line, actually. I'll take the Rock River to the Old Miss.
>>
>>2121882
want to join up in louisiana and start a plantation and make millions?
>>
>>2117941
That outfit looks really nice and good for cold weather conditions

Why didn't the armies of the period wear stuff like that for cold environments?
>>
>>2118550
Same here, only Northern Mn so i'm more fked
>>
>>2118334
poligamy is allowed for muslims
>>
>>2117941
fucked as fuck
>tfw mestizo
>tfw only the spanish soldiers can have guns, not even peninsulares can have them
>tfw I'm not in the north american british colonies where guns are available for everyone but slaves.
Hell, even indians in the british american territory could have a reach on guns.
>>
>Portugal
Still going on about muh explorations, still in a backwater country, would probably board a ship to Brasil
>>
>>2120544
>based polysyllabic languages
>muh war canoes
>muh slavery and traditionalist hyper rigid caste system
>muh hats

What reason is there not to? I'd carve my name in history. Probably "discover" modern mathematics as well.
>>
>>2117941
>Wake up in New France Fur Trading station.
Probably join the Fur Traders and raid anglo settlements in New England with Huronbros
>>
1716 in Madrid.

not bad,
probably drafted to 1718 war against english,austrians and french bastards

probably dying somewhere in sicilly for a bourbon king
>>
>>2117941
>in the swampland of houston
>city not even founded yet
>mostly just native americans, maybe a few spanish/british/french colonists

well can't wait to get scalped or die of exposure
>>
>>2117941
>wake up in bavarias strongest military stronghold.
Join the army .
>>
>>2121935
This is is what french militia used in New-France. There was practically nous soldiers so they had to improvise an army in case the brits par the Iroquois attacked. The belt and the coat has become a traditionnal outfit in Quebec
>>
>>2117941
I would be born in Chisinau, back when it was a small trading medieval town

Not that fucked actually. The Russian-Ottoman war would start 11 years after, the kingdom still has local rulers, and everything is peace and quiet
>>
>Switzerland
Well the general area where I live in was known for being flooded multiple times a year cause rivers weren't channeled back then. Assuming I can't move away in this scenario, I would probably be a poor farmboy watching his crops getting flooded away every year
>probably starve
>probably KYS myself before
>>
>>2122221
>Assuming I can't move away in this scenario,
Why? Nobody said that.
>>
>>2117941
>Chicago area
>Nowhere to use the money
>Die
>>
>>2121866
>>2121882
Guys pls. I'm in the frozen tundra of central wisconsin. Helppls
>>
File: Help.jpg (66KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Help.jpg
66KB, 600x399px
>In California
>Start the Gold Rush earlier
>Become the richest in the west coast
>Fund the Catholics to start another Crusade
>Retake Eastern Rome
>Star converting Middle East to Christianity
>Start purchasing lands in the Middle East
>Family would be Godlike in the future.
Man, but I'm black, so in reality I would probably be kidnapped and sold to slave owners.
>>
File: 1437675848732.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1437675848732.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>2117941
OH FUCK NO I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT IN THE GREAT NORTHERN WAR
>>
File: CZiq32pUUAA_6pg.jpg (31KB, 600x565px) Image search: [Google]
CZiq32pUUAA_6pg.jpg
31KB, 600x565px
>Northern Phoenix, Arizona
>>
>>2117941
>London

Would be fine I guess
>>
>>2117941
>Be in swamp
>Fall ~30ft, I live on 3nd floor
>Get spotted by native American
>(probably) Get arrow through chest
>Dead AF or Trade some food and a pistol for escort to civilzation
>be smartest guy around
>go be scientist or something
>>
>South Georgia

Maybe the local Muscogee will take pity on a lost white man. Or not.
>>
>>2117941
The swedes should be here any minute.
Im fucking dead.
>>
Breaking news! Harrison Ford just passed away. Time to pay our respects to Indy ;(
>>
>>2118674
>patagonia
>nativos
Pick one my boludo amigo
>>
>>2117941
>rural Michigan
>can't speak french
>no real survival skills
>mfw when I just have to sit in the woods and freeze to death
>mfw when predators eat my face
>>
>>2118086
>1700 Texas
You are in the middle of nowhere, probably there isnt no town until you reach north (actual) mexico or go into US land. Youll probably get killed by natives in the desert or die there alone, if you are lucky monks evangelizing will find you and help.
>>
>Veracruz Mexico
>Go outside
>Get killed by raiding pirates
Thanks England you inmoral fucks.
>>
Pretty A-OK, less than a days travel from Charleston, one of the richest and most prosperous cities of the colonial times
>>
>wake up in Alberta, Canada
>it's winter, so it could be as low as -60C/-76F
>hope some natives take me in, given that the part of the river we're on is supposed to have been a good meeting place for them
>overwinter
>try to convince the natives to take me on the 2,000 km (1,300 mile) to Fort York Factory/Fort Nelson on the Hudson Bay
>the French captured these forts from the British in 1697, the Brits would get it back in 1713, after the War of the Spanish Succession

My French is passable enough that I could probably just start work mapping the interior for the French, with the aim to switch sides to the Brits come 1713. With any luck, I could springboard the Hudson's Bay Company into an even greater success, convince the British to start farming some of the Prairies centuries earlier, and encourage literacy among the Natives so they stand a chance of some degree of self-determination.

If all goes well (it wouldn't) I die in the mid-1700s, having served a prosperous life as Governor of Western Canada.

Or I freeze to death within minutes.
>>
Well if I'm gonna be standing exactly where I am, I'd be falling a few feet down into who knows what kind of swamp in central Florida. But if I do happen to live, I'd probably head to the coast. I know there were plenty of Indians, and in 1700 Spain attacks a settlement a straight line east of me, so it shouldn't be hard to find. From there head north to jamestown, find work, impress people with simple tricks, get married, and try to become one of first New Orleans aristocrats.
>>
>>2119741
What fucking magical world do you live in?
>>
Either find a local French trader post, or get rekt by the local Huron tribes. If I were a bold man, I could make the Trek to a Hudson's Bay outpost and live my life as a fur trapper, make some decent bank before dying of heavy metal poisoning.
>>
File: 0022 - g0SJsTM.jpg (94KB, 422x408px) Image search: [Google]
0022 - g0SJsTM.jpg
94KB, 422x408px
>>2121970
HOLY FUCK
>>
>>2123711
he's a reenactor, they have buttloads of those in the historic triangle since history and william+mary are the only local sources of revenue
>>
File: 1764 Detroit.gif (264KB, 928x611px) Image search: [Google]
1764 Detroit.gif
264KB, 928x611px
>>2117941
>
> 1700 A.D.
> metro Detroit suburbs
> How fucked are you?

While the French haven't officially founded the city yet, they've been trading throughout the Great Lakes for years now and there will probably be friendly Indians and possibly White traders at what will next year become Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit.
>>
>>2117941
>chink in new york
Buird rairoad. Strong back work hard
>>
>>2117941
>one of the first Georgian towns as it rebuilt after a fire
>town made lots of shoes at this time

sounds pretty nice desu
>>
>>2117941
>1700 AD
>South London
>How fucked am I?
I could become a Highwayman but I would probably get arrested within a few months.
OR
I could join the British Army just as the British Empire was beginning to make itself known in the world.
OR
Jump on the trading bandwagon in Great Britain and feed off the expanding of the British Empire.
>>
>be finn
>torn from beloved suomilainen and relocated to uninhabitable forests in western sweden
>be used to this kind of environment, just burn down some forest to fertilize the soil so we can grow food
>get eaten by wolves
>>
>British Columbian Interior
>hook up with some natives
>stay until I'm ready to make my way to the coast and begin going southward
>go to Baja and find a Spanish settlement
>secure passage to any English speaking part of the world
>get there and figure the rest out

In reality I'd probs just freeze to death, get killed by natives, die of illness, get mauled by a bear. Any of the above really.
>>
>>2117992
>>2118327

>spawn in some forest village right in the middle of Swedes and Russians
>bring sacrifice to forest goddess Annikki
>get drafted to Swedish army shortly after
>pickpocket one of the Swedes
>get two wedding rings, wat
>escape
>shortly after get drafted to Russian army
>escape and live innawoods
>war ends
>start smuggling salt with my innawoods skills

pic related is a photo of me hiding from the swede who had two rings
>>
>>2117941
>Forest Hills (then, Whitepot), Queens, New York
As a kike, I would be treated probably as fairly as any other citizen of New York at the time. Most likely tending farms, earning enough to feed my family, then would open a pharmacy. Honestly, not that bad.
>>
I'm in the middle of Alabama and the nearest indian tribe would be a two day walk from me. I could reasonably make it of I could get some food on the way.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.