[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you know about the Amish, /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: amish-fam.jpg (144KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
amish-fam.jpg
144KB, 900x600px
What do you know about the Amish, /his/?
>>
>>2116181
high-level advanced LARPing
>>
>>2116192
how is it larping?
>>
>>2116248
how is it not larping?
>>
>>2116251
>>2116248
>>2116181
its religious larping
>>
>>2116248
>>2116251
>>2116256
really makes you think
>>
Their success is an outlier in the modern world, intentionally eschewing techology might have something to do with it.
>>
>>2116256
is all religion larping? how do you define the larp?
>>
I know that they're filthy protestants.
>>
>>2116312
no they're anabaptists from the radical reformation
they were persecuted by proddies and cathies alike
>>
>>2116248
they don't have to dress and accessorize like it's the 18th century to be luddites but for some reason they do. I wonder who makes their clothes actually, seems like it would be an industrial process.
>>
File: Amish.jpg (24KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
Amish.jpg
24KB, 424x600px
>>2116181
I wonder how freaky their teens get.
>>
>>2116181
>having the younger children walk barefoot because they can't be assed to make them some sandals from straw or something
Wow, they are scum.
>>
>>2116343
I would assume they do.

>>2116371
A lot of teens apparently get really into drugs during rumspringa and get forced into the church to avoid prison time.

To my understanding 'Idle hands are the devil's play thing', is their philosophy and not 'technology is evil'. But what makes idle hands, idle varies between the church/community leaders. So some have communities will say phones are a no, while another might be fine with people having cell phones.
>>
>>2116181
Do they accept converts?
>>
>>2116378
Are you shaking right now literally can't even?

Most children in the world go barefoot. Deal with it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.