[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw too intelligent to be a nationalist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: smart wojak.jpg (26KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
smart wojak.jpg
26KB, 500x600px
>tfw too intelligent to be a nationalist
>>
>>2115281
>too
>>
> tfw home nation is too irrelevant
>>
File: 6ee.jpg (58KB, 680x661px) Image search: [Google]
6ee.jpg
58KB, 680x661px
>tfw so intelligent that I became a nationalist again
>>
>>2115286
Fpbp
>>
>>2115286
fpbp
>>
Is Nationalism just tribalism+1 or what?
>>
>>2115281

>tfw so intelligent that I've understood the non-economic aspects of politics so well I've transcended over the concept of political views
>>
File: WEED.jpg (20KB, 280x250px) Image search: [Google]
WEED.jpg
20KB, 280x250px
>>2115297
DUDE
>>
>>2115289
> not being a pan-(insert culture)
>>
Nationalism is high status and it attracts intelligent people in Latin America, Africa and Asia.

It's just in North America and Western Europe that being a nationalist is not societally acceptable.
>>
>>2115342
>Nationalism is high status and it attracts intelligent people in Latin America
Nope.
>>
>Nationalism abandoned to develop confederation of independent democratic city-states around the world
>cooperation rules and btrillions otherwise spent creating war and death go to science
>age of human peace and prosperity takes us to the stars
but no, we're on the exterminism timeline instead
>>
>>2115294
basically
>ten people on one train track
>one person on another
>I can save one or the other
>choose the one because they were born in a particular location
>>
>>2115342
>nationalism isn't acceptable
nationalism is the dominant ideology everywhere, even the vast majority of leftists are nationalists who want social democracy within a nationstate and don't sociopathically want to slaughter refugee families
>>
>>2115356
Nationalism cannot be boiled down to that, your metaphor is incredibly short-sighted and flawed.
>>
>>2115375
where's the argument kiddos
>>
>>2115359
I think he means the kind of authoritarian nationalism you see from most groups that would describe themselves as "nationalist" rather than the loose idea of nationalism in the post-Napoleon world.
>>
>>2115407
Mybarguemtn is that your metaphor fails to account for nuances inherent in nationalist conceptions of identity.

If an English national were born in Hong Kong would be not be part of a nationalist conception of English identity? By your metaphor he would be Chinese since he was born on Chinese soil.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.