[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hindenburg often stated that he would never appoint Hitler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 34969-004-7BEDFE6E[1].jpg (19KB, 305x450px) Image search: [Google]
34969-004-7BEDFE6E[1].jpg
19KB, 305x450px
>Hindenburg often stated that he would never appoint Hitler as chancellor under any circumstances.
lol
>>
I don't know what to think, on the one hand he died and never had to see that man fuck up Germany, but on the other hand he died and left the door open for gitler to further his own ends at power
>>
>>2112099
Considering how often people got in hitler's way and how many that tried to kill him and him always getting out on top, it is a miracle he even got as far as he did. Like the universe wanted him there or something
>>
>>2112099
>implying

Hindenburg would have loved the amazing things Hitler did. You are forgetting that the conservatives in the Reichstag were staunchly allied with Hitler and supported his Enabling Act which made Hitler a dictator, and Hindenburg himself made the Reichstag Fire Decree.

Ludendorff himself was an ally of Hitler in the 1920's and was part of the Beer Hall Putsch attempted, although he later went pscyho in the 1930s before he died.

Kaiser Wilhelm II sent Hitler a congratulations in 1940 after Hitler conquered France.

The policy of German conservatives and elite prussians was no different to that of Hitler's. Hindenburg supported the acquisition of eastern territories by war and colonising them with Germans, which was Hitlers goal. In fact this is what Hindenburg had tried to do in the first world war.

Hindenburg would have supported Hitler all the way.
>>
>>2112093
>Hindenburg

Humbug. His name was Humbug.
>>
>>2112283
>The policy of German conservatives and elite prussians was no different to that of Hitler's.

The difference is that Hitler was willing to take extremely high risks (va banque, all or nothing, in his words) whereas large parts of the old elites were more careful and knew what was at stake. If instead of Hitler an authoritarian conservative régime had seized power (actually, the republic had already become pretty authoritarian before Hitler), I don't believe it would have headed towards an all-out confrontation.
>>
>>2112490
Except they were more than happy to go along with Hitler and after the conquest of France, they were basically clamouring up his asshole.

Only after Germany was in its dying breaths, did they plot the July coup and pretend they were anti Hitler all along
>>
>>2112747
>Except they were more than happy to go along with Hitler and after the conquest of France

So? That was after the WW already had begun. By that point obviously everybody wanted to win the war and was enthusiastic that it went unexpectedly well. The situation was different before September '39.
>>
>>2112124
time travelers
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.