[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best universal history courses?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5219.jpg (41KB, 535x755px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5219.jpg
41KB, 535x755px
Hello /his/, im new here and i dont understand any of your memes and have a very poor overview of the recorded history of humanity, so i was wondering:
(In your opinion) what is the best (free) online course, or set of documentaries, or book, that can take me from the begginings of civilization up to the XX or XXI century?
I am prepared to study it with effort and taking written notes and everything, just want to make sure that i am studying the best material i can.
The best thing i have found so far is John Greens Crash Course.
Thanks for the responses and greetings from Mexico.
>>
There are some great podcasts, my current favorites are
>The History of Philosophy Without any Gaps
The dude is a philosophy professor who starts with the presocratics and continues on from there
>The History of Rome
Really well done overview of everything from the founding of Rome in the mists of time to the fall of the western empire
I'm sure there are other ones too.
I recommend reading as many historical or primary sources as you can. Find a point in history that interests you and kind of use that as a reference point starting out.

Have fun!
>>
>>2111604
Thanks, i have already started a philosophy course that starts from the presocratics, its by doctor Richard Brown on youtube.

I havent really ever tried podcasts before so i will check out "The History of Rome"

>Find a point in history that interests you and kind of use that as a reference point starting out.
I had tought of this too, but before i do something like that i would like to at least know all the main points of history, if i cant find a good source i will probably start with ancient greece or mesopotamia.
Thanks
>>
File: 2016-12-12_16.49.28.jpg (449KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-12_16.49.28.jpg
449KB, 1080x1920px
>>2111652
Not the other guy but podcasts are amazing. So much better than listening to the same Set of Songs every day on your way to work/class or at the gym.
Podcasts have made the boring tasks in my life so much more fun.

My tipp for a fun history podcast would be Dan Carlins Hardcore history. Take him with a grain of salt since he isnt a real historian and loves extreme stories but listening to him is super comfy and its also a nice start into random episodes of human history.
>>
>>2111734
His latest set "King of Kings" would be fantastic actually. Ancient Persia is a great starting point.
>>
>>2111527
read them on wikipedia and then you're ready to argue on /his/
>>
>>2111758
Tbh Wikipedia browsing on the toilet is fantastic to get an easy Intro into almost any hostoric period.
Read about Caesar. Get sad because someone wanted him to divorce his wife. Who would want that. What? What is a Sulla? Read about Sulla...continue for eternity
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.