[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mongols hate towards Muslims

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: Mongol_amazing_facts_6.jpg (53KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
Mongol_amazing_facts_6.jpg
53KB, 750x500px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJqk8-GWBkU

Why were the Mongols so especially aggressive towards the Muslims?

Did they view Islam as the warrior religion it really is and not the Religion of peace meme that is told to us today and therefore went extra hard at them?
>>
Mussies spat in the face of the mongs and the mongs rightfully so fucked them so hard they still feel it 600 years later
>>
>>2109987
Christians like the Russians were sheep to be herded, they didn't need to dominate and fight them. Unlike the Muslims, who were brave and man enough to stand up for themselves.

tldr: Christians were cowards
>>
>>2109987
Didnt they sign a peace treaty with the Abassids, only Abassids raided their merchants and the Mongols decided that they had enough and BTFO of bagdad?
>>
>>2110038
Go bomb another soft target you brave warrior caste.
>>
>>2110061
If you live in a NATO country you really need to look up the definition of irony.
>>
>>2109987
Mongols realized they were evil and barbaric, even by their standards.

So they annihilated them, and destroyed their Caliphate.
>>
>>2110052
No, the Khwarizmian Shah disrespected their messengers twice so they laid waste to the Iranian plateau while the Shah begged for Indian military support (Muslim kings had an understanding where if they were attacked by a non-Muslim power, they'd come to one another's aid, and India naturally said fuck that shit), and ran to another country while his country burned like the coward he was

But the Mamluks held them off from conquering further
>>
>>2110097
In addition to this, I'd like to point out to all the anti-Muslims ITT that Iran was one of those country's who got a "taste of the caliphs' medicine," not the other way around, so in reality Iran just got fucked twice by invading conquerors while perfidious Arabs still got away with it
>>
>>2109987
They didn't. Under the Khans Islam actually spread further as Muslims from the Middle East were brought to China.

As in all their conquest Mongols were savage to resistance but happy to be cordial to subject tribute paying peoples.

They fucked Baghdad because of resistance and they fucked Khwarezmia because of an insult but were not especially savage in other areas.
>>
>>2110083
I'm not claiming bravery though. Just that muslims are just as cowardly as anyone. ntm we don't target that shit as a rule. The vast majority of muslim attacks are targeted toward innocents.
>>
>>2110106
Arabs are too simple minded to have 'gotten away with it'. They were just lucky.

Being Arab is punishment enough I would say.
>>
>>2110115
Do you know what a Mamluk is? Egypt's forces halted the Mongol advance, and Egypt is an Arab country.

Plus, Alkindus, Alhazen, Geber, Avenzoar, among others are more proofs that Arabs as a whole aren't simple-minded.
>>
File: 20161218_182328.png (257KB, 1440x760px) Image search: [Google]
20161218_182328.png
257KB, 1440x760px
>>2110115
> t. /pol/lack
Captcha related
>>
>>2110137
>Do you know what a Mamluk is?
Not Arab?

Wasn't their whole deal they were purchased or captured slave children and likely to not be Arabic?
>>
>>2110111
>I'm not claiming bravery though. Just that muslims are just as cowardly as anyone
I can agree with that 100%

>ntm we don't target that shit as a rule
Eh, most of the time it's avoided but there are many instances where the "uber-precise" UAV strikes end up hitting civilian targets because terrorists like ISIS tend to hide amongst civilians to make the opposing military second-guess attacking them. Ultimately the military is willing to target these places based on the risk outweighing the reward (we ain't good bois who dindu nuffin)

>The vast majority of muslim attacks are targeted toward innocents.
If you're referring to terrorist attacks, sure. But to be fair, they're killing other Muslims 99% of the time

Ultimately I think the original poster's point was that Sunnis are a generally more violent/restless people, and thus harder to govern, which is a tough notion to argue
>>
>>2110052
>Abbasids
>Mongols
>>
>>2109987
>mongols riding without lamellar

is this a meme or something
>>
>>2110162
>Wasn't their whole deal they were purchased or captured slave children and likely to not be Arabic?
They were culturally Arabic (which is all being an "Arab" entails anyway, as there is little in ways of genes connecting all Arabs)
>>
>>2110167
Yes I def should have clarified that I meant terrorist attacks which in hindsight defeats my point because all terrorist do that
>>
>>2109987
I don't think it was due to mongols doing lots of deep analysis of Islamic religious text if that's what you're insinuating
>>
>>2110193
Sure. They just seem an odd thing to bring up to smack the tard racists of /pol/ with.
>>
>>2110107
>Muslims from the Middle East were brought to China.
Muslims were already in China. The Uyghurs were already converted by several centuries before Genghis was born and Islam was a large minority in Xi Xia, as well as there being numerous communities within the Song territory.
>>
>>2110215
Meh the Mamluks being Arab or not has nothing to do with it really. My point was is that the Arabs comparatively suffered very little from the Mongol conquest thanks to the stellar defense of the Mamluk Sultanate. In reality, the Iranians suffered, by far, the most, and saying they deserved it for what Abu Bakr & co. did is really dumb to say the least.
>>
>>2110193
>They were culturally Arabic
No, they weren't. Just like most other rulers in the Middle East at the time, the Mamluks were very much Turkish.
>>
>>2110295
Turks/Turkomans just assimilated to whatever country they were in (Safavids, Mamluks, etc). "Turkic" ""culture"" was barely even convalescing. Plus that's understating the amount of Circassians that were Mamluks. No, they were very much culturally Arabicized.
>>
>>2110038

The christian lands mongols subjugated were of former Kievan Rus and were fragmented to many small feudal counties when Mongols arrived. So, it is lack of unity, not cowardice.

Eventually chirstians fucked mongols AND muslims.
>>
>>2109987
>Why were the Mongols so especially aggressive towards the Muslims?
Because the Muslims personally insulted them. They did the same shit to other steppeniggers that stabbed/raided them, its just that there were far less of them than there were Iranians. The Chinese and Russians also got off because they didn't pull that kind of horseshit, their only crime was defending their land and telling the Mongols to fuck off with their ridiculous demands. Moral of the story is: don't fuck with the messengers.
>>
File: 1478924981380.jpg (24KB, 331x334px) Image search: [Google]
1478924981380.jpg
24KB, 331x334px
>>2110107
Thank you.

The mongols didn't care what religion you were, in fact they cared very little for any spook like beliefs or ideology. Mongols cared only about who they can trust and who they should conquer.
>>
>>2110303
>Turks/Turkomans just assimilated to whatever country they were in (Safavids, Mamluks, etc)
How were the Safavids Turks? Last I checked it was started by a Kurd. Also they are several centuries past the relevant date of this topic
>"Turkic" ""culture"" was barely even convalescing
Have you not heard of the Turko-Persian tradition? it was the dominant culture from the Middle East into India for centuries and it started in the 800's in Iran, spreading alongside the Seljuks and its successors.
>Plus that's understating the amount of Circassians that were Mamluks
True. And the Circassian Mamluks held on to their culture just like the Turkish ones did (and the Georgians)
>>
>>2110311
THis. If your return message consists of diplomat heads delivered in baskets, you cannot be surprised to find an army in your lands some time later.
>>
>>2110257
You're fucking retarded

The Uyghurs are the latest batch of Muslims in China, which is why there's a bunch of problems with them
>>
Muslims in China just seems weird to me, especially when they aren't even Arab.

It'd be like if you told me there were a bunch of Voodoo practitioners in China, and none of them were black.
>>
>>2112514
>The Uyghurs are the latest batch of Muslims in China
Uyghurs already established a presence in China as Tang auxiliaries. see Yugurs

Modern Ugyhurs are Tarim Basin natives who underwent Turkification and Islamiziation.
>>
>>2109987
>Why were the Mongols so especially aggressive towards the Muslims?

They we're not selective in their tactics, they did this and more to the Chinese or even their own or anyone that would not submit. They were extremely strict and final about things. The thing is a lot of Muslim cities didn't submit and learned the hard way. The Chinese weren't stupid and figured out quick to bend the knee and say this and that recognizing the Khan and eventually figured out that the Mongols were weak to pampering and got very weak with each generation as they came into riches toppling their Empire. Of course successive Mongol and Stepp warlords burst from the tough plains hardened again and the cycle continued until the advent of guns.
>>
>>2112537
>no shit posting
ur not our Turk
>>
>>2112537
Good post
>>
File: Jalayrids.jpg (63KB, 600x305px) Image search: [Google]
Jalayrids.jpg
63KB, 600x305px
>>2109987
>He doesn't know about the Golden horde
>he doesn't know about the Ilkhanate
>he doesn't know about the Timurids
pretty much all the mongol dynasties of any significance became Muslim though.

Why do reddit historians forget this when they jizz their pants over "muh sooper baddass muslim emenies"
>>
>>2112537
I wish you posted shit like this more instead of shitposting
>>
>>2112749
>ur not our Turk
>>2112537
>Bey Süleyman bin Blaberidae
ARE YOU SAYING WE HAVE AN IMPOSTER?

WILL THE REAL BABA SOOLEYMON FIN BLABBERMOUTH PLEASE STAND UP
>>
File: t7uwRVN.jpg (81KB, 584x584px) Image search: [Google]
t7uwRVN.jpg
81KB, 584x584px
>>2112537
Good post, i learned from this one.
>>
Mongols were not bad for Islam

Before the Mongols, almost all north iraq was assyrian christian.
>>
>>2110111
terrorists are not muslims
>>
anyone got any good books on the mongols? Hardcore Histories coverage of them was pretty sweet
>>
>>2115155
Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford is 10/10
>>
>>2110115
>Let me make an bogus claim.

you can do that at /pol/.
>>
>>2112767
Khan is actually a very common muslim surname now.
>>
>>2109987
muslims thought they were more alpha than genghis khan, so they got fucked up from 1,000ad-1929 when turkish empire fell apart due to WW1.
>>
>>2115477
>so they got fucked up from 1,000ad-1929 when turkish empire fell apart due to WW1
What?
>>
>>2109987
Despite utterly fucking up large swathes of the Middle East, the Mongols accepted Islam. The problems arose when the subjugated peoples refused to cooperate with Mongol demands. Islam spread within the Mongol Empire as a whole and gained many converts, including within the leadership of the Empire.
>>
>>2115481
seljuk empire, conquered muslims in 1,000ad.
Turkish Empire ended in middle east in 1929 at end of WW1.
>>
>>2115493
>seljuk empire
They were Muslims.
>>
>>2115509
they were turkish conquering middle eastern empires.
>>
>>2115528
And they were Muslims? Some of the greatest Muslim scholars came out of the Seljuk empire; for example, Al Ghazali, who is still revered by Muslim scholars today.

Muslims =/= Arabs.
>>
>>2115538
Their religion had nothing to do with their purpose, conquering for the Turkish people and finding them homes to settle, the religion gave more legitimacy, but ultimately it was Turkish imperialism with Turks having more rights and power than the conquered.
>>
File: OttomanEmpire1683.png (365KB, 1280x919px) Image search: [Google]
OttomanEmpire1683.png
365KB, 1280x919px
>>2115538
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman%E2%80%93Mamluk_War_(1516%E2%80%9317)

They both were Sunni, Turks only care about domination and conquest, they settled in middle east so adopted the religion for administration purposes, but the Ottomans were not Arabs nor descended from Mohammad but declared themselves a Caliphate due to their Turkish power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzRyDT3jICY
>>
>>2115552
>>2115543
You can be a legitimate caliphate and not be Arab or descended from the Mohammad, in the sunni perspective at least. How are you going to make such a sweeping generalization and say Turks only care about domination and conquest, they were still Muslims and helped substantiate and spread Islam. This sounds like something a Turkish nationalist would say in an attempt to divorce Islam from the equation, which is totally a unsubstantiated claim. Of course, the Turks probably did factor in adopting Islam for administrative purposes but in the end they were still Muslim. The Ottoman Empire was a legitimate caliphate.
>>
File: s01-osman1_01.jpg (12KB, 228x317px) Image search: [Google]
s01-osman1_01.jpg
12KB, 228x317px
Background

The relationship between the Ottomans and the Mamluks had been adversarial since the Fall of Constantinople to the Ottomans in 1453: both states vied for control of the spice trade, and the Ottomans aspired to eventually taking control of the Holy Cities of Islam.[3] An earlier conflict, which lasted from 1485 to 1491, had led to a stalemate.

By 1516, the Ottomans were free from other concerns—Sultan Selim I had just vanquished the Safavid Persians at the Battle of Chaldiran in 1514[2]—and turned their full might against the Mamluks, who ruled in Syria and Egypt, to complete the Ottoman conquest of the Middle East.[2]

Islamism should be rightfully called Turkishism, since 1,000ad since the Turkish people completely conquered the Islamic world, just as Judaism became Islamism when Arabs completely conquered Judaism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjbC1fWX6Yk
>>
>>2115583
> Judaism became Islamism when Arabs completely conquered Judaism

The fuck?
>>
Three out of four Khanates made Islam their state religions. Two of the first Khans that converted didn't do so for political reasons. One Khan even fought another over the subjugation of Mamluks. Even the Khans who didn't inherit Islamic beliefs were eventually succeeded by Khans that did: mainly out of political expediency but also the convenience of ruling over Muslim subjects. So in a way, it wasn't just a conversion out of convenience if their religious principles ended up befitting the hierarchy.

Mongols didn't hate anyone. They were converted by their own rules, and certainly beliefs in the convenience of doing so. Khans like Berke and Oz-Beg are probably examples of political leaders embracing it genuinely. Then you have others like Ghazan, Mubarak Shah, and Timur who all had their reasons, especially Timur. The interesting aspect thing, in my opinion, is nothing stopped these Khans from converting out of Islam. They chose not to, because it legitimized a lot of what they did, or who they surrounded themselves with.
>>
>>2115586
Arabs conquered all sites of Judaism and every trace of its power, just as Turks did to all Arabs.
>>
>>2115592

I really respect Turkey, but this has to be a troll poster or an idiot.
>>
>>2110107
Mongols were untrustworthy as hell though. If you surrendered there was a good chance they'd kill you depending on their whims.
>>
>>2115651

Armenia was threated very good.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.