[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was he REALLY short?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

was he REALLY short?
>>
>>2108976
No. It just comes from British propaganda and the fact that France used a different measuring system at the time. He was average height.
>>
File: наполеон.jpg (61KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
наполеон.jpg
61KB, 630x420px
he was really a cake
>>
>>2108984
Actually he was above average for the time.

He comes in at about 5'7" using imperial

Keeping in mind the average height when he was alive was about 5'5"
>>
>>2108984
>>2108996
his contemporaries called him short

the average man was short, it's why people used to be called middle height instead of average
>>
>>2108976
Yeah he's only holding that baby to make himself look bigger. Cunt.
>>
>>2108984
Don't listen to this revisionist nonsense, he was a puny man bubba.
>>
>>2108991
Is this the Russian version of Ich bin ein Berliner?
>>
Well, I don't remember Napoleon's height but he sure does look smaller than that man who's holding him in the painting.
>>
>>2109707
I laughed
>>
>>2108991
a delicious legacy!
>>
>>2108976
He was actually taller than most people of his era, british propaganda and the fact that he surrounded himself with tall guards
>>
How the fuck did you think this deserved its own thread? You could have spent three seconds on google dispelling this misconception.
>>
>>2109810
>>2110339
>google
the point is it's not a misconception because everyone who met him thought he was short

that he was "average" is the misconception because the average man was short
>>
File: BE021.jpg (481KB, 1725x2550px) Image search: [Google]
BE021.jpg
481KB, 1725x2550px
>>2108976
Andrew Roberts rights about how the (((Little))) Corporal would sit on his wife's lap.
He even looks short, look at those stubby Corsican proportions.
>>
>>2108976
this is just British propaganda and butthurt over his legacy trying to demean him, his height was nothing out of the ordinary in France
>>
>>2113367
You can keep saying this, it doesn't become any more true. What Legacy, the bigger a figure he becomes, the better the UK looks. Easily the most distinguished strategist France has ever produced, perhaps the greatest military mind since antiquity and yet he surrendered to sweet Albion, not once....
but
>T W I C E !

also, he was short.
>>
>>2113367
then why do all the french biographers who knew him call him short

checkm8
>>
>>2108976
His personal bodyguard were picked from his best Grenadiers, who are themselves selected based on strength and size, fitting their status as assault troops.

He was often accompanied by a retinue of large burly men, which would probably give him the air of a smaller man in comparison.
>>
>>2108976
Not really. 3 reasons why people think he was

1. British Propaganda
2. French inches are larger than imperial inches
3. His Imperial Guard were really fucking tall for the time (6'1"+)
>>
>>2113390
>>2115033
>/his/ doesn't read primary sources and just quotes wikipedia
why am i not surprised
>>
>>2109009
>the average man was short, it's why people used to be called middle height instead of average
I don't understand.
>>
>>2116579
if you read sources from the middle ages and before "average height" never comes up

you have middle height instead, it's what's used to describe people who are neither shot or tall ie. neither a lanklet or a turbomanlet

so 5' 8"

http://freepages.misc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~byzantium/Mdv.html
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.