[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monetarism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: mf.jpg (18KB, 224x300px) Image search: [Google]
mf.jpg
18KB, 224x300px
Why have there been combatting opinions throughout history as to what exactly causes inflation?

I recognise that the economy is inherently unstable but why are there so many differing schools of thought?

Do you think this reveals the absurdity of viewing Economics in terms of 'theory'? Is the fundamental fault of Economics the idea that a theory can explain its functioning or failures?

Has monetarism become obsolete?
>>
>>2107515
Economics is viewed in terms of ideology.
>>
>>2107517
Except that's wrong.

Politicians have a range of advisers and expert economists who base their opinions on their own personal research and YES, to an extent, their own ideology but certain mathematical facts sway them from making particular decisions.
>>
Because some people tru something or think of a form of operating an economy that works or they think will work. But, just because one economic system (like capitalism or communism) works in one situation, it does not mean it works in all situations. To simplify, people generalize their own opinions and think that their way is the best way. The reason they learn and come up with different systems is they same way new launages evolve, seperation, and who is exposed to it first.
>>
>>2107525
>but certain mathematical facts sway them from making particular decisions.
Like how many votes do I need to get another term in office
>>
>>2109285
How many quantitative easings will I make the chairman perform this time...?
>>
>>2107515
monetarism isn't obsolete - many principles of monetarism are practiced in one way or another today. There's just no hardline monetarist practice because it's not the optimum way for economic growth.

All told though, I love Milton Friedman - especially his defense of capitalism and libertarian principles.
>>
>>2107515
Economics is the study of choice.

Insofar as knowledge of the study of choice alters choice, we have an infinite regress that needs resolving before it becomes real science.

Psychology suffers the same problem and can only be cured by the same means.

Until then, we must accept a certain amount of imprecision in all conclusions.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.