[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John Calvin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5482.jpg (265KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5482.jpg
265KB, 1200x1200px
Thoughts on John Calvin and predestination ?
>>
Calvin managed to solve a lot of problems that theologians still wrestle with.
>>
File: Spinoza.jpg (235KB, 1138x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Spinoza.jpg
235KB, 1138x1100px
>>2106165
Anything but predestination is sophistry or blasphemy.
>>
>>2106165
I was predestined to shitpost in this thread.
>>
more people died under his ideals than Marx's
>>
>>2106165
>John Calvin
You mean Jean Calvin ?
>>
>>2106532
>I was predestined to shitpost in this thread.

Nice meme!
>>
>>2106165

Based as fuck, reprimanded that heretic Servetus.
>>
>>2106165
It's the only logically consistent theological model. Retards are just butthurt because they realize they don't have any agency in salvation.
>>
>>2106165
Based as fuck. He is the Augustine of Protestantism.
>>
>>2109314
If that's true, then why has every presbyterian I've known had no idea what predestination actually was? All of them have acted like they had a part in their salvation and grace was something they could earn.

I think their pastors are just too embarrassed to tell them what their theology is, because it's genuinely unpleasant.
>>
>>2109406

>every presbyterian I've known had no idea what predestination actually was

Shit that never happened. It is not a difficult concept to understand. They know exactly what it is.
>>
>>2109406
You're making stuff up.

t. Presbyterian
>>
>>2109406
Either you are elect and go to the warm bosom of the Lord, or you go to Hell with the Papist Catholics and the other heretics
>>
>>2109406
I was raised presbyterian and I understood predestination as a child, we were taught it in sunday school, the pastor lectured about it in sermons. In my parents' bible study group they learned and studied the westminster catechism.

You must know PCUSA liberals.
>>
File: Tulip-Flower-Image.jpg (113KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Tulip-Flower-Image.jpg
113KB, 1440x900px
T-otal depravity meaning humanity is so debased by sin that we are utterly incapable of doing anything to save ourselves

U-nconditional election meaning God chose who would be saved based purely on His own sovereignty and not by the merits of those elected.

L-imited atonement meaning that Christ's death only atoned for the sins of the elect.

I-rresistable grace meaning that God will overcome any resistance on the part of the elect to disobey Him.

P-erseverance of the saints meaning that the elect cannot possibly lose their salvation.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.