[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would have to happen for monotheism to be expelled from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: charles-darwin-3.jpg (109KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
charles-darwin-3.jpg
109KB, 900x750px
What would have to happen for monotheism to be expelled from the world in the same way as Greco-Roman paganism?
>>
File: Madurai,_India.jpg (364KB, 1920x1185px) Image search: [Google]
Madurai,_India.jpg
364KB, 1920x1185px
Worldwide India with the occasional chosen people starting tribal warfare in the name of X ethnogod.
>>
monotheism is what expelled paganism in the first place
>>
>>2106008
well, first you have to convince more than half of the world's population who trace their religious beliefs to a few locations in the middle east that they are all wrong

then you have to have something to replace it with that is both convincing and culturally palatable (whether that means overthrowing or integrating into the extant culture is left to the reader to decide)

then you need time.

a lot of time.

like, the last pagans in europe (not greco-roman but eastern european and Scandinavian) were around until well after 1000 a.d.
>>
Polytheism leads to monotheism. It's pretty much inevitable. Think about it a bit.
>>
File: 1482017281084.jpg (86KB, 914x351px) Image search: [Google]
1482017281084.jpg
86KB, 914x351px
>>2106045
>"kill God"
Do that, and you have anarchy.
>>
File: tumblr_na2uleCK1e1rpfi93o1_500.png (291KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na2uleCK1e1rpfi93o1_500.png
291KB, 500x279px
>>2106224
>implying anarchy is bad
>>
>>2106206
You're right, logically. And you're also right realistically, if you believe that God has interacted with civilization at all, right at its inception of mass slavery. Intelligently. Which is what I would do if I were God.
>>
>>2106224
should we just start calling you the AiG troll?
>>
>>2106008
Science and enlightenment thinking have been doing a fine job for hundreds of years.

Most religious people's lives and beliefs about the world have been compromised by scientific ideas, with the exception of those who live outside the reach of the modern world.

For a time they will persist in this, and some syncretism has already occurred - but this really is just letting the enemy in through the back gate.

The final battlefield is truly the moral one; the prime difference between most believers and secular types, the one that really causes friction, is that a believer thinks of good, bad right and and wrong in absolutes as ordained by a higher power, whereas an atheist is willing to concede that these ideas are often contingent on perspective and local custom.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.