[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain the symmetric aesthetic choices here. Were they drunk??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: UnionJack1801.png (18KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
UnionJack1801.png
18KB, 1000x500px
Explain the symmetric aesthetic choices here.
Were they drunk??
>>
WHY IS THE IRISH BIT ASYMMETRICAL
>>
>>2105881
yes
but i think the basic idea was to not obscure scotland too much and to keep the english bits standing out
>>
>no dragon
It's shit
>>
>>2105881
Because it's more visually interesting.
>>2105885
Because the Irish are sub-human.
>>
>>2105889
How come I remember the flag being completely symmetrical for every single day of my life until today?
>>
>>2105899
>dude berenstein universe lmao xdddd
>>>/x/
>>
>>2105905
What are you talking about??
>>
>>2105899
It's an easy detail to miss.
>>
>>2105913
But I pay attention to details.
I'm a graphic artist and researcher.
I've been to Europe to study old artwork too.
>>
>>2105918
Yeah, but flags aren't high art. Nobody analyzes flags as they do the Mona Lisa.
>>
>>2105934
How is any one canvas any more or any less than another canvas for the free expression of art?
How is a flag NOT art in any sense of the word?
Why would I exclude flags in my study of graphics that catch someone's eye and sums up the expressions and intentions of a large population? Are you daffy or dumb?
>>
>>2105947
I'm not suggesting flags aren't pieces of art. I'm just suggesting that people don't usually treat them as such.
>>
>>2105947

Please don't derail this thread with your autistic cultural capital-signalling whining.
>>
>>2105913
> It's an easy detail to miss.
Not if you're British.

>>2105899
You're not British.
>>
>>2105957
that's exactly why graphic designers ought study and master flags and symbols to quantify meaning and intention that can be waved and all who witness it KNOW.
>>2105972
>>2105966

So I am asking, WHY IS THIS ASYMMETRICAL NON-SENSE ON THIS FLAG
IS IT TO SOW CONFUSION AND RAGE INTO ALL WHO SEE IT? BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT IS CAUSING.

or was it changed recently?
>>
IT WAS CHANGED RECENTLY.
>>
>>2105979
It's asymmetrical because putting Ireland on top of Scotland would obscure Scotland.

>>2105982
1801 is not 'recent'.
>>
>>2105990
bitch it was changed last night
>>
It is like that to imply that the white diagonal bits are not just fimbriation but represent scotland
>>
>>2105982
>>2105994
DUDE
>>2105905
>>
File: Capture.png (113KB, 471x338px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
113KB, 471x338px
I'm not certain, but I think its so you can flip it upside down to signal distress
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.