[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What version of the Holy Bible should I read, /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: bible-Sunlight_.jpg (95KB, 1600x965px) Image search: [Google]
bible-Sunlight_.jpg
95KB, 1600x965px
What version of the Holy Bible should I read, /his/?
>>
ESV and the Lexham Bible version, they're up-to-date with the textual research and implement the Dead Sea Scroll manuscript into certain verses of the bible.
>>
>>2102513
Only the clergy should be allowed to read the Bible to be quite honest with you.
>>
File: 1369304888127.jpg (2KB, 126x108px) Image search: [Google]
1369304888127.jpg
2KB, 126x108px
Codex Sinaiticus faggot
>>
>>2103592
This. OP, just join a nearby Catholic Church and start listening to sermons.
>>
>>2102513

bible is just a fanfic of godboos. dont read any of it or just read it for entertainment.
>>
>>2102513
Learn Greek.

>>2103590
>ESV
Really solid edition.
>>
>>2103590

This is the correct answer
>>
>>2102513
Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic if you can hack it.

ESV is good modern translation.

KJV is best when you are damning things.

But honestly, get some historical and cultural reference for the books, a good study bible should do that for you. Or run it by clergy and/or look at Catholic/Orthodox commentary on the books at their website.

People read it like a novel or movie script, this is dumb and leads to bad things.
>>
File: image.png (61KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
61KB, 178x180px
>>2102513
None, 14 books of the NT are written by Paul.

Seeing that your master is Jesus, buy a red-letters Bible and read only the read letters. The red-letter represent what Jesus said.

And you'll see that 21 out of 27 doesn't have even one red letter written on it.

John 14:48 :
....My Father is greater than I.

John 10:29:
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all.

John 5:30
I can of mine own self do nothing....

Johh 5:30 clearly implies Jesus does not possess the quality of God. God can do everything.

These are all Jesus said, which contradicts the Christians very belief today.

Your master is Jesus, and listen to what he says.
>>
>>2102513
Get a version with side by side translations of both the hebrew and the greek texts.
>>
Vulgate, as approved by the Council of Trent.
>>
>>2103740
Arius go back to converting barbarians.
>>
>>2102513
I like ESV, while I think the KJV is the most aesthetic translation. The best you could do is to get a Greek, Hebrew, and (if possible) Aramaic interlinear, as well as read your preferred books of exegesis online, although I reccomend that you read those of the Church Fathers. Aramaic Targums are also a good window into the origins of Christianity.

I think Greek Orthodox vernacular translations are pretty underrated as well.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.