[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sikhism Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: th (4).jpg (14KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
th (4).jpg
14KB, 300x225px
Sikhism is an absolutely beautiful religion;

You are the Ocean of Water, and I am Your fish. Your Name is the drop of water, and I am a thirsty rainbird. You are my hope, and You are my thirst. My mind is absorbed in You. Just as the baby is satisfied by drinking milk, and the poor person is pleased by seeing wealth, and the thirsty person is refreshed by drinking cool water, so is this mind drenched with delight in the Lord. Just as the darkness is lit up by the lamp, and the hopes of the wife are fulfilled by thinking about her husband, and people are filled with bliss upon meeting their beloved, so is my mind imbued with the Lord's Love. The Saints have set me upon the Lord's Path. By the Grace of the Holy Saint, I have been attuned to the Lord. The Lord is mine, and I am the slave of the Lord. O Nanak, the Guru has blessed me with the True Word of the Shabad

And that's just one quote, there are many more just as beautiful as that one.

What do you think of Sikhism /his/?
>>
File: 11.jpg (12KB, 295x270px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
12KB, 295x270px
Another one:

Jaitsree Ninth Mehl: O Dear Lord, please, save my honor! The fear of death has entered my heart; I cling to the Protection of Your Sanctuary, O Lord, ocean of mercy. I am a great sinner, foolish and greedy, but not, at last, I have grown weary of committing sins. I cannot forget the fear of dying; this anxiety is consuming my body. I have been trying to liberate myself, running around in the ten directions. The pure, immaculate Lord abides deep within my heart but I do not understand the secret of His mystery. I have no merit, and I know nothing about meditation or austerities; what should I do now? O Nanak, I am exhausted; I seek the shelter of Your Sanctuary; O God, please bless me with the gift of fearlessness. Hukamnama 2:3
>>
File: 1476644276102.jpg (25KB, 252x276px) Image search: [Google]
1476644276102.jpg
25KB, 252x276px
I like the fact that they still use swords to resolve "problems"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvertGZkwF4
>>
A mix of Eastern mysticism and Islam.
>>
>>2102096
Sikh religion, bro.
>>
>>2102096
You fucking poo in the loo stop fucking posting the same question on here day after fucking day
>>
>>2102096
I know very little about Sikhs but am interested to hear more.

Have a bump.
>>
I saw a news story on TV earlier today about a Sikh here in NY who was attacked by a group saying "are you Muslim or Indian?". Since he just came to the country last month his English isn't so good and he didn't understand the question. When he didn't properly respond they beat him and his jaw had to be wired shut.

A truly terrible story and I feel really sorry for the guy but when I saw the report my first thought was wtf why didn't he use his boot knife, that man is a disgrace.
>>
File: Picture76 copy.jpg (598KB, 1138x631px) Image search: [Google]
Picture76 copy.jpg
598KB, 1138x631px
Even more:

O Lord, protect me with Your Hand, thus my heart's desire be fulfilled. May my mind ever seek the refuge of Your Feet, and You sustain me as Your very Own. Lord! destroy all my enemies [diseased passions, instincts, impulses, evil thoughts and protect me with Your Hand. Thus make my house-hold servants and followers rest in peace. O Lord, extend Your Personal protection to me and kill all my enemies here and now [refers to our countless inner enemies. May my this wish be fulfilled and I ever yearn to reflect my mind on You. Lord, Bless me that I should never abandon You and think of any one else. Whatever boons I seek I should obtain from You. Liberate all my servants and followers, pick each and every one and destroy them, who are obstacles in my well being. Pray, ferry me across, giving me Your Hand, and destroy the fear of death in me. O Mighty Lord of the Sword (All Wisdom), be ever at my back, and protect me
>>
Sikhs are just polite Muslims in terms of clannish ritualism
>>
File: KD3.jpg (283KB, 1100x791px) Image search: [Google]
KD3.jpg
283KB, 1100x791px
And anotha one:

Everything is within the home of the self; there is nothing beyond.
One who searches outside is deluded by doubt.
By Guru's Grace, one who has found the Lord within is happy, inwardly and outwardly. ||1||
Slowly, gently, drop by drop, the stream of nectar trickles down within.
The mind drinks it in, hearing and reflecting on the Word of the Shabad.
It enjoys bliss and ecstasy day and night, and plays with the Lord forever and ever. ||2||
I have now been united with the Lord after having been separated and cut off from Him for so many lifetimes;
by the Grace of the Holy Saint, the dried-up branches have blossomed forth again in their greenery.
I have obtained this sublime understanding, and I meditate on the Naam; as Gurmukh, I have met the Lord. ||3||
As the waves of water merge again with the water,
so does my light merge again into the Light.
Says Nanak, the veil of illusion has been cut away, and I shall not go out wandering any more.
>>
Too small to be taken seriously. There are probably more animists than Sikhs globally
>>
>Honor killings
Into the trash it goes.
>>
More:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
Listen, O Dear Beloved Saints, to my prayer.
Without the Lord, no one is liberated. ||Pause||
O mind, do only deeds of purity; the Lord is the only boat to carry you across. Other entanglements shall be of no use to you.
True living is serving the Divine, Supreme Lord God; the Guru has imparted this teaching to me. ||1||
Do not fall in love with trivial things; in the end, they shall not go along with you.
Worship and adore the Lord with your mind and body, O Beloved Saint of the Lord; in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, you shall be released from bondage. ||2||
In your heart, hold fast to the Sanctuary of the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord God; do not place your hopes in any other support.
He alone is a devotee, spiritually wise, a meditator, and a penitent, O Nanak, who is blessed by the Lord's Mercy. ||3||1||29||
>>
>>2102147
Absolutely based! What was this about? Can some Sikhs explain please?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.