[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Native Americans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (159KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 600x424px
In the film Bone Tomahawk the villains are a group of cave dwelling natives whom practice cannibalism in addition to other weird practices, such as incest. I was curious whether tribes like this truly existed? Mainly in North America but other places as well.
>>
Yes, of course. The worst shit you can imagine has been institutionalized in some tribe or other at some point in history.
>>
>>2096489
yes, a savage violent primitive tribe named the anglo once invaded and swept across America from the east, cannibalism was rare, though incest was common
>>
>>2096661
Citations?
>>
>>2096489
Incest not that Iam aware of up there. Cannibalism also unsure but if it did I'm pretty sure it was ritualistic and limited to certain sects since they had plenty of animals to hunt like the bison, rabbit, deer or fishes. I know some practiced human sacrifice and tortured their captured enemies.
>>
File: John_Ratcliffe[1].jpg (94KB, 582x806px) Image search: [Google]
John_Ratcliffe[1].jpg
94KB, 582x806px
>>2096888
>In December 1609, Ratcliffe and 14 fellow colonists were invited to a gathering with the tribe of Powhatan Indians. The Powhatans promised the starving colonists would be given corn, but it was a trap. The colonists were ambushed. Ratcliffe suffered a particular gruesome fate: he was tied to a stake in front of a fire. Women removed the skin from his entire body with mussel shells and tossed the pieces into the flame as he watched. They skinned his face last and finally burned him at stake
>>
>>2097158
>but muh noble savage...
>>
>>2097158
Well it doesn't say they were eaten.
>>
>>2096489

Cannibalism was likely practiced in certain groups, though in a ritualistic manner and not out of necessity or want.

Inbreeding did occur in Native populations, but it is fairly similar to European groups, i.e. first cousins.
Closer kinship relations (Brother-Sister) were held to be taboo by most groups, and marriages of such as non-binding.
>>
>>2096489
Incest was common among natives. Some tribes in the Caribbean were cannibals.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.