[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain to me the Danzig Corridor situation in full /his/. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 913001_250_lt.jpg (40KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
913001_250_lt.jpg
40KB, 480x270px
Explain to me the Danzig Corridor situation in full /his/.

What were Hitler's justifications for invading? Was he warned that if Nazi Germany invaded war would be declared? Was Danzig historic German clay?

Are these things true?
>Danzing was a free city
>had a majority of German population that elect their own government and parties
>had their own military units, police and even local SS unit
>had their own NSDAP local party
>in the harbor sat a fucking German battleship
>>
>>2095633
>What were Hitler's justifications for invading?
>Implying he needed one

>Was he warned that if Nazi Germany invaded war would be declared?
Well, yea since he started it.

>Was Danzig historic German clay?
Literally "what are your feelings about the topic" question.

>had a majority of German population that elect their own government and parties
on wiki
>>
File: 1480275894267.jpg (74KB, 540x395px) Image search: [Google]
1480275894267.jpg
74KB, 540x395px
>>2095740
Do you think the general consensus in Danzig at the time was that they wanted to become part of Germany?
>>
File: Schleswig-Holstein.jpg (39KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
Schleswig-Holstein.jpg
39KB, 720x438px
>>2095633
>>Danzing was a free city
>>had a majority of German population that elect their own government and parties
>>had their own military units, police and even local SS unit
>>had their own NSDAP local party
>>in the harbor sat a fucking German battleship

Yes, all of them are true. The Schleswig-Holstein was nominally in Danzig on a diplomatic visit, and actually fired the first shots of WW2.

There's film of it, you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7v9iUvyIMk
>>
>>2095633
>Was he warned that if Nazi Germany invaded war would be declared?
Obviously, he wanted war against the West. The alliance between France and Poland wasn't secret, and the Brits issued their guarantee of Polish sovereignity specifically in response to the Danzig issue.
>Was Danzig historic German clay?
It belonged to Poland for a longer time than Teutonic Order State+Prussia+Germany. Even if you assume that the Teutonic State is the same as Germany, which it wasn't. It was a majority German-speaking city for most of the time, but when it joined the Polish crown it was out of its own will, because the burghers rebelled against the Teutonic Order.

>Danzing was a free city
>had their own military units, police and even local SS unit
>in the harbor sat a fucking German battleship

Yup, although I think the SS unit was formed in June 1939.

t. Pole.
>>
>>2095633
Official version is that Hitler demanded Danzing and extraterritorial rail and road to Prussia. Poles refuse so he blame them for anything Germans did to Poles before and what they plan to do to Poles soon and invade. Things is Poles pretty much agreed to it they just need some time until their new build port in Gdynia get fully operational and Germans actually had train service that move through corridor and was extraterritorial if wagons were sealed in Germany or Prussia. So why Poles refuse negotiations? Two reasons - Hitler break his promises constantly and it was also decision for the sake local polish politics - the ruling party(military dictatorship) wasn't really popular.
So why war? Once again Germans call Anglo and Frogs bluff only to get surprised that actually they don't bluff and go to war.
>Danzing German clay and city
It was pretty much German city at this moment - I would say that it was more German than Berlin at this time. Still it was old Polish/Slavic clay and old Polish city. Pretty complicated.
>Free City of Danzing and rest
Pretty much all of it is truth. Poles had military guard post with small garrison and polish mail and that is all.
>>2095754
Overwhelming majority was German so yeah they want go back and join German especially that it was on the rise at the moment.

Also your map is terrible as Free City of Danzing had their eastern border with German Prussia.
>>
>>2095754
That is quite likely
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_City_of_Danzig_parliamentary_election,_1935
>>
>>2095831
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkstag
>after winning the elections in Danzig the Nazis go on to ban the other political parties and start arresting their members
>by 1939 Danzig was a part of Germany in everything but name

Yup, OP. Sure sounds like a city where the Poles could TOTALLY massacre tens of thousands of Germans.
>>
>>2095816
>>2095826
>>2095831
Then why didn't those Danziniggers just separate themselves instead of being selfish and making Germany do all the work inadvertently declaring war on the entire fucking world??
>>
>>2095840
I never claimed the Danzig Massacre was real.

That's what made me stop watching The Greatest Story Never Told.
>>
>>2095841
>making
Hitler did everything on his happy little lonesome. He wasn't "made" to do anything; if he had just waited Danzig would have peacefully become part of Germany by 1947.

But Hitler needed a war to sustain his economy, so a war he got.
>>
>>2095841
Separate themselves from what? It was literally a city state, it wasn't Polish territory. The German demands referred to a territorial corridor between Germany and Danzig, through Polish territory (that was Polish-speaking majority), not the city itself, since, as said, it was already German in anything but name.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161215-144714.png (426KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161215-144714.png
426KB, 1440x2560px
>>2095856
I guess that makes sense.
>>2095858
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.