[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Catholics Christians, /his/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 33

File: st-joseph-catholic-church.jpg (44KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
st-joseph-catholic-church.jpg
44KB, 450x450px
Are Catholics Christians, /his/?
>>
If they aren't then nobody is.
>>
You know I could flip that question on its head, right? Are Protestants Christians? How can they be Christians if they get to found their own Churches? What arrogance! To break away from the Church founded by Christ Himself!
>>
>>2093957
>founded by Christ
>run by humans for 2000 years after
>he thinks original sin doesn't seep into everything

cathocucks
>>
>>2093957
>jesus worshipped mary
>jesus thought indulgences are totally ok
cathocucks
>>
File: image.png (371KB, 832x868px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
371KB, 832x868px
>>2093962
Jesus never founded Christianity.

There's no where in the Bible in which Jesus HIMSELF says that he is God or worship me.

Unless I'm missing something?
>>
>>2093939
Become orthodox.
>>
>>2093984
muh great commission
>>
>>2093997
I'm knew, but wtf is that?
>>
>>2093984
>And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”
>>
>>2093996
why?
>>
>>2094000
*new

>>2094003
Sorry, but I can't understand this passage. Where does Jesus say that he is God? This passage sounds like Jesus is giving Peter the blessing to carry out his teaching.
>>
>>2094030
It's where Jesus founds the Catholic Church.
>>
>>2094030
He speaks from a position of authority that makes no sense if he isn't God. How else can he guarantee that the forces of Hell won't defeat his church?
>>
>>2094038
Or maybe he is speaking from the authority that the Father give to Jesus? Kind of like a CEO give a manager a power to excute orders as he see fit, and if the lower worker disobey the manager, then they will get fired.

The Father is Omnipotent, He can do whatever he likes, it isn't strange that He commands hell to obey what Jesus said.
>>
>>2094073
that would be nice, except uhhhhh

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of *the Son* and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Matthew 28:16-20
>>
>>2093984
Timothy 3:16 for starters. I'll join in on this discussion when I'm home.
>>
>>2093984
John 8:58
>>
>>2094103
Anon, sorry if I'm being picky. As I said in (>>2093984), where does Jesus HIMSELF say he is God or worship him. It need to come up from Jesus mouth, not from someone wrote about him.

>worshipped him
Mathew wrote this

>>2094138
>>2094148
Let me read this first
>>
>>2094163
>hurr Jesus meant some other guy, not himself, as THE SON

Who then, motherfucker? Who is this speculative "other son" never mentioned in the bible or anywhere else? Why is this person put into the same category as the Father and the Holy Spirit?
>>
>Is the Church founded by Jesus Christ Christian?

GEE I WONDER
>>
>>2094163
1 timothy 3:16 and 2 timothy 3:16 . John 8:58 in particular
>>
>>2094180
>>2094189
who to believe
>>
>>2093946

Pretty much this.
>>
File: image.png (217KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
217KB, 750x1334px
>>2094178
No need to be rude, we're brethren.

God got many 'Sons'

1/2
>>
File: image.png (246KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
246KB, 750x1334px
>>2094178
>>2094195

2/2

>>2094190
Please give me a moment to read this
>>
>>2093982

Catholics don't worship Mary and I think you know that.

>implying you actually know what indulgences are.

What you are thinking of as indulgences was stopped by the Church.
>>
Why are proddies this fucking buttmad about us based catholics? I wasn't even aware that there existed this much of a one sided animosity in two thousand and fucking sixteen. Honestly, after browsing this board I find militant atheist more bearable than prods desu.
>>
>>2093984
Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.
John 14:6
>>
Jesus never existed, so it doesn't matter what he "said"
>>
>>2093939
No, they're Babylonian pagans
>>
>>2094190
Again, sorry for being picky, but both Timothy verses was not Jesus words, it was written by someone else.

For John 8, "before Abraham born, I am!". 'I am' what? If he IS god, the he should had said 'I am God'. But he end with 'I am'.

No, what he is referring to is we all before we were born, God has created all of us in the form of spirits(Jesus,me, you, hitler,ect), when it is time for us to come down to earth, our soul is put into the baby in the belly of our mother.

That's what he meant for before Abraham, I am.
>>
>>2094189
It wasn't founded by Jesus, it is founded by Antichrist
>>
>>2094195
>>2094199
>posting Deedat shit
>>
>>2094244
Deedat pls go
"I am" is a name of God in Exodus 3:14
>>
>>2094249
>>2094255
He's a great man. He's lovable, admit it.

The 'shit' is from your Bible, and you can't have double standard.

You need to acknowledged God got many 'Sons', even more than one 'begotten' Sons, David and Jesus according to your Bible.

>>2094255
>>2094216
Just let me read it first
>>
>>2094275
The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and according to that law he ought to die because he has made himself the Son of God.”
John 19:7
What do you think the Jews thought Jesus was saying? And is it not true your koran says God has no son
>>
>>2094275
Jesus was never a man on Earth, he is the firstborn of god and is subordinate to him, he died and resurrected in the celestial realm in the lower heavens just below the moon killed by Satan and his demons

All knees bow to him, except me
>>
>>2094301
shoo shoo edgy satanist
>>
>>2094304
If only you knew, bro
>>
>>2094006
's better
>>
>>2094301
>He claimed himself to be Son of God

But so does in pic >>2094195 and >>2094199, but they were never punished.

There are even more extreme versus, like Exodus 7 1:

the LORD said to Moses, "See, I have made you like God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron will be your prophet."

Why are the term 'Son of God' and 'God' are being use loosely? It because those term are the idioms of the Jews, meaning that the 'Son of God' is a 'righteous person'. Not that Jesus is actually God's son.

The Jews at that time were looking for a fight, any excuses will do. So, when Jesus use that idiom, the Jews take this opportunity to kill him.
>>
>>2094348
I'll start by recommending you stop listening to Deedat, the man was clueless. Exodus 7:1 is a metaphor for the power of Moses over Pharaoh. Son of God and God are not Jewish idioms, they never were.
>>
>>2094348
Meant for >>2094288

I'm just using quotes from the Bible, the Koran had nothing to do with it
>>
>>2094213
I think it's due to a lack of dialogue on our separate beliefs and from conversations of theology that divulge into shitty memes like "worshipping mary"
>>
>>2094360
You're abusing the bible, and the reason is the koran.
>>
>>2094358
If they were not idioms, then how do you explains the >>2094195 and >>2094199?
>>
>>2094363
But you do worship Mary
>>
>>2094348
He never claimed himself to be the son of God as he never existed as a human or godman on this Earth, bro

He was a subordinate to god first, the firstborn, the son of god then he was put on Earth in allegorical scripture (Mark)
>>
>>2094368
Genesis 6 is about the angels and their spawn the Nephilim
Exodus 4 and Jeremiah 31 explicitly say Israel
Luke 3 is because Adam is the first man
Psalm 2 is about Jesus
>>
>>2094365
Again, I'm only quote the Bible and where do I abuse it?

>>2094376
Well... if you can show where did Jesus say HIMSELF all of that, then I would be very happy.
>>
>>2094401
>where do I abuse it?
Right here>>2094195
>>2094199
>>
>>2094401
Jesus didn't say anything because he never existed as a human or godman on this Earth, bro

He just is what he is, the firstborn of all creation and god's agent of creation
>>
>>2094412
You need a backup for your claim bruh, things can't exist out of thin air without something backing it up.

>>2094407
Just let me look back at my post
>>
>>2094420
Paul never mentions his Jesus having a ministry in Galilee and never mentions anything about any Disciples being chosen. He never has to argue against any historicity details in his authentic Epistles. It's most likely he believed in a celestial Jesus that was in Heaven and got crucified by Satan/his demons in the lower Heavens then appeared to Peter/the Apostles then to Paul because the only source for knowing Jesus that Paul knows is visions & scripture
>>
>>2094439
Great, a Zeitgeistard and a Deedatard. I'll let you two morons figure it out.
>>
>>2094449
>Zeitgeist
The movie or the idea?
>>
>>2094452
What do you think
>>
>>2094455
That shit has nothing to do with that movie, you imbecile, it's what a peer reviewed Mythicist argument looks like
>>
>>2094458
Actually it looks better, I'm just giving you the gist of it
>>
>>2094449
Do you even wach the Deedat movie of the sign of Jonah? Bet you can't watch it full length.
>>
>>2094468
>Bet you can't watch it full length.
I'm sure you're right, i'd probably kill myself before it finished.
>>
>>2094473
Jesus("God") went hell for our sins according to your Bible, right? Surely you can enter Heaven because of his sacrifice.
>>
>>2094482
if you kys that is
>>
>>2094458
Christ myth """theory""" is pseudo-historical garbage, rejected by even the most anti-Christian of historians.
>>
>>2094482
>went hell for our sins
'no'
>>
>>2094486
Sure it is, buddy, sure it is

That's why it was peer-reviewed
>>
>>2094491
I probably screwed up badly, but this is your Church teaching, right?
>>
>>2094498
No. Jesus went to Hades, not Hell.
>>2094493
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory#Criticism
>>
>>2094501
Okay, and there's criticism about how people try to extract history from the Gospels and the extra-Biblical sources. This is from mainstream academia

They would never put that on Wikipedia though, would they?
>>
>>2094501
Also, just because there's a stigma to accept the Myth theory doesn't make the myth theory wrong, that's not how logic works
>>
>>2094510
You're right bro, it's coverup by all those devout Christian fundies like Bart Ehrman
Take off the tinfoil fedora anon, it's time to get saved
>>
>>2094501
Regardless, he("God") suffers in Hades because of our sins.

"God" enters Hades

I'll be away for a few moments, bye friends
>>
>>2093939
>Are Catholics Christians, /his/?
Yes and so are Orthodox, Copts, Eastern Christians etc.

Protestants are not christian however.
>>
>>2094212
There's literally an idol of Mary in OP's pic. She's just as big as Jesus. LMFAO
>>
>>2094519
Bart Ehrman does sloppy scholarship
>>
>>2094530
>>2094519
At times, anyway, he's on and off

He can't even agree with himself sometimes

It's a plausible theory, but you've never read it and refuse to give it shot because you think it's tinfoilhattery
>>
>>2094530
I agree, but he's an anti-theist historian who compares Christ myth theory to YEC.
>>
>>2094528
She's the Queen of Heaven :^)
>>
>>2094533
He refuses to read the premiere book on Mythicism and do any of the research. He has literally no say in what is what
>>
>>2094533
Also, that part of the article is bias af and attacking strawmen
>>
>>2094255
You mean the 'I AM WHO I AM', and this is related to Jesus, 'I AM'?

So... does that mean Jesus is God just because God and Jesus use the same YHVH?

Look, if God in exodus stated his name in "I AM WHO I AM", then it should be, "I AM WHO YHVH". But that's not the case, seeing that God used the same YHVH(I AM) two times. So, "I AM WHO I AM" makes more sense than "YHVH WHO YHVH".

And Jesus said "YHVH", meaning "I AM". Does that mean that he's claiming divinity? No.

Let's say my name is "SwagMaster999", and there are people looking for me and ask me, "Are you SwagMaster999?". I would say 'I AM', but does that mean I'm claiming divinity? Of course not, just answering his question.

And also, if "YHVH" is truly a name, then your scholars should keep it as "YHVH" instead of translating it as "I AM". But seeing they translates it to "I AM", then it not a name, just "I am", nothing special.

Yes, I'm reviewing my post right now
>>
>>2094407
Yeah, abusing is a strong word. I just gave you pic of quotes from the Bible.

>>2094381
>angels
Really? The term is 'men' and 'daughter'. I doubt angel even have the lust to 'came' into 'daughter of men'.

>Israel
No, not the nation, or the race. You know Prophet Jacob? His other name was 'Israel'. This verse even use the word firstborn.

>Adam
Don't forget he's also a pious man

>Psalms
According to google, it refers to David(unless I'm wrong?), it even used the word begotten, the same begotten used for Jesus.

So I rest my case. The term 'Son of God' are idiom. You Christians can't have double standards.

You can't say Jesus is the ONLY Son of Gon when in your own Bible 'God got Sons by the tons'. Be consistent.
>>
File: Puck.jpg (34KB, 413x494px) Image search: [Google]
Puck.jpg
34KB, 413x494px
>>2093939
American protestants are literally /trash/ tier

>doesn't even understand history
>doesn't understand that Catholics complied the Bible
>most relativist part of Christianity
>televangelist
>prosperity gospel
>>
>>2093946
Answered in the first post. Excellent. Good thread, well done.
>>
>>2094918
What church do you belong to, anon?
>>
File: image.png (120KB, 600x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
120KB, 600x472px
Any short summary about churches(Catolic, Jehovah, Ludren, ect) that I can read somewhere?
>>
>>2094493
>That's why it was peer-reviewed
Do you know what peer reviewed actually means? It doesn't mean that it's approved as correct by some mysterious authoritative body. All it means is that qualified people in the field have read someone article, and thought it was written well, and that it made its case logically. That doesn't necessarily mean anything; I've read tons of papers that make questionable conclusions based on flawed logic, or who described seriously flawed experiments, but passed peer review because they were organized well and made their case. And this is widely understood in academia, no one thinks passing peer review is a magic stamp of approval that you're right.

If that's your argument for why mythicism is valid, it's seriously weak, and it seems like you don't really know what it means.
>>
>>2094918
>early church
>Roman Catholic Church as it exists today

The two are not synonymous, anon.
>>
>>2094006
So you can be an emperors bitch or get cucked by muslims harder than anyone else.
>>
>>2094493
There are peer reviewed papers on all sorts widely dismissed theories.

Now not many scholars think the gospels are a super accurate reflection of Jesus either but they think the man existed.
>>
>>2095637
Oh please, muslim can't cuck shit in /his/
>>
>worshipping Mary more than Jesus because of one line in the fucking Bible
>>
>>2096063
More stupid things have been done for a single line in the Bible.
>>
>>2096093
It goes against 'Thou shalt have no other gods before me' though surely
>>
>>2096100

So it goes agaisnt a line in the Bible?
>>
>>2096105
delete this
>>
File: image.png (70KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70KB, 178x180px
>>2094809
>>2094731
Fine, I'm sleepy anyway, good night.
>>
File: Romans.png (664KB, 2028x1576px) Image search: [Google]
Romans.png
664KB, 2028x1576px
>>2093984
Jesus is the Word (λόγος) made flesh (Jn 1:14).

This same Word was with God and was God from the beginning ( ΕΝ ΑΡΧΗ ἦν ὁ λόγος, kαὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, kαὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος. - Jn 1:1).

Jesus is God.
>>
File: Mugi pwning Mio.gif (1004KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
Mugi pwning Mio.gif
1004KB, 500x252px
>>2094731
"YHVH" is an transliteration also known as the tetragrammaton for the Hebrew word אֶהְיֶה which roughly translates to "I will be" and comes from the verb stem היה or "to be."

So it is foolish to say:

>Look, if God in exodus stated his name in "I AM WHO I AM", then it should be, "I AM WHO YHVH".

because they LITERALLY mean the same thing because I AM is היה.

When Jesus says "before Abraham was I AM" He is asserting is divinity.
>>
Kek Deedats arguments are so goddamn stupid, it would be like if Ken Hamm decided to start doing deep analysis of the Qur'an without knowing Arabic.
>>
File: image.png (61KB, 178x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
61KB, 178x180px
>>2096288
T-thanks, please read my (>>2094244) and

>>2094791
>>2094902
>>2094916
>>2094940
>>2095052

Now be a man and tell me your answer in >>2095052.

>>2096246
...sorry for being picky, but Jesus himself must say it. Like, came out of from Jesus's mouth.

>>2096318
Yes, it's as stupid as saying God dies. Am I right?
>>
>being a literal cuck
lmoa but y
>>
>>2096403
Oh, I'm really need to sleep, night /his/.
>>
File: num.gif (985KB, 460x260px) Image search: [Google]
num.gif
985KB, 460x260px
>>2096403
Jesus allowed a woman to clean his feet with her hair; only God Himself can make that happen.
>>
Christianity is only concerned with personal salvation to become part of a nebulous afterlife for which no evidence exists, and for which this world needs to be sacrificed, which is best expressed in the way early christians like Martin of Tours refused to fight enemies of their nations, insofar killing in this world could cost them heaven

When Jesus says "if they take your coat, let them have your shirt as well", "do not resist evil", "I have come to turn a man against his own household", "if you don't hate your self and your own family you can't follow me", "love your enemies, pray for your persecutors", "the meek will inherit the Earth", "those that wanna die will live", "blessed are those the persecuted, for they will be my Kingdom", "do not save treasures for tomorrow", "carry your cross so that you can receive eternal reward", "Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you'll have treasure in heaven", "it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye than for the rich to enter Heaven", "Woe to you who are well fed, Woe to you who laugh, for you will mourn and weep"...

... he is not kidding, or meaning the opposite, but actually setting down a morality where the world is a lie and only the afterlife is the real deal, so destroying your life in this world, "carrying your cross" as he says, is completely logical
>>
Only a person that does not actually believe in the Heaven for the persecuted, the meek, and the martyred would actually re-interpret Christianity as a cult of earthly power which declares "the strong shall inherit the Earth", "my kingdom is of this world" and "you must destroy the enemies of your nation"

Only some one that just wanna use Christianity as an empty shell devoid of any true religious promises would claim that Paul and Peter misinterpreted Jesus when they submitted to their enemies and died to them while praying for them, instead of fighting the romans back and establishing a crusader kingdom, thing that one would expect them to do if Jesus meant "be a fighter and impose your will on your enemies" when he said "love your enemies and lend all they need to them without expecting anything in return"

But using Christianity as a shell devoid of any religious promises simply allows its poisonous morality to survive into the next generation.

You can tell your children that Jesus wanted them to be earthly warriors because "I didn't come to bring peace", but you can't stop them from reading the rest of the paragraph and realizing what Jesus wanted is for them to put christian morality above the good-being of their own families.
>>
You can tell your children that Jesus wanted them to be earthly warriors because "Buy a sword", but you can't stop them from reading the next chapter and realizing that Jesus stopped Peter from using the sword to fight and defeat the romans, and reprimanded him for misunderstanding, all while asking him to carry his own cross (Peter, fully realizing that Jesus meant all the stuff about embracing death and his kingdom was not of this world, that angelic chariots were not going to slay his enemies and bring him victory, realized he was doomed, and would then deny Jesus 3 times)

You can tell your children that Jesus wanted them to be earthly warriors because ""Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces", but you can't stop them from reading the rest of the paragraph and realizing that Jesus was asking them, not to destroy their enemies, but to not put in risk their own moral position by criticizing others. You may want them to believe that Jesus, in the middle of a speech about not judging other people and sharing, suddenly decided that speak against the muslims that didn't even exist back then!

That is not going to fly.

Sooner or later, your "strict catholic crusader" state will be reformed into liberalism, because the Gospel will still exist, because your children, like Peter, will realize that Jesus meant it when he said "you are to be persecuted and martyred for me", that Jesus didn't say "you will live in a stable and powerful civilization, free of oppresion and death, thanks to me".
>>
>>2095373
It doesn't matter that it's not perceived as right, it means that it follows the standards of historical studies
>>
>>2095373
Also, you haven't even read or looked into the damn thing so stfu. For real
>>
>>2097293
>It doesn't matter that it's not perceived as right,

Well it does matter. if only 1 out of 99 scientists said steady state theory was accurate, you would never pass that off as being an equal position to big bang theory.

That something follows the methodology close enough to get published does not means its great work
>>
>>2094528
>what are role models
>what is impressing peasants
>>
>>2096433
>Christianity is only concerned with personal salvation to become part of a nebulous afterlife for which no evidence exists
>salvation by faith meme

You realize this is a protestant thing, don't you?
>>
>>2097317
I never said it wasn't right, I just said it's not perceived as right

Most people refuse to read the peer reviewed case for Mythicism

You haven't even read the damn thing, shut up with your accusations
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 344x393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 344x393px
>>2096433
>>2096434
>>2096449
WHAT IS THIS? I WOKE UP AND YOU EXPECT ME TO READ ALL OF THESE?

>>2096427
Jesus is a great prophet. But people do a lot of crazy things. Like how the north Korean worhip their leader as their gods. But are they gods? Of course not.

>>2096403
Please give me your honest opinion in >>2095052 → #
>>
>>2096105
holy sht
>>
File: He is Risen.jpg (338KB, 958x1024px) Image search: [Google]
He is Risen.jpg
338KB, 958x1024px
>>2098411
Jesus rose from the dead; only God can make that happen.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 1024x576px
>>2098457
Yes, Jesus heals the blind, make the dead rise from their graves, turn water into wine and all of you said.

But what about the Prophet Elisha? According to 2 Kings 20-21:

13:20 Elisha died and was buried. Moabite raiding parties invaded the land at the beginning of the year. 21 One day some men were burying a man when they spotted a raiding party. So they threw the dead man into Elisha’s tomb. When the body touched Elisha’s bones, the dead man came to life and stood on his feet.

To me, a mere touch of dead body to Prophet Elisha dry bones are even greater than Jesus rose from the dead.

Is Elisha god? Of course not, these are only miracles that God gives to his prophets. As you know, many prophet in the Bible performs miracles after miracles, but you cannot say that Jesus risen from the dead is because he is God, just miracles God give it to him.
>>
>>2097339
post it
>>
>>2098521
I can't, it's a book
>>
File: Remover-chan.png (268KB, 637x654px) Image search: [Google]
Remover-chan.png
268KB, 637x654px
>>2098517
Jesus forgives sins which is something only God can do.
>>
File: image.png (4KB, 121x82px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4KB, 121x82px
>>2098547
Where? For all I know, Jesus brought a man-ly religion, as in Ezekiel 18:20 :

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

If you do good, heaven is a place for you. If you sin, then hell is the place for you.

NOT that if you commit a crime, someone gonna go to a jail for you. Where anon in the Bible did Jesus forgive sins?
>>
File: gospel3.jpg (86KB, 504x530px) Image search: [Google]
gospel3.jpg
86KB, 504x530px
>>2098564
>Then Jesus said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."
>>
File: Jesus of Nazareth.jpg (858KB, 1280x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus of Nazareth.jpg
858KB, 1280x1600px
>>2098564
>He said to the paralytic, "Take courage, son; your sins are forgiven."
>>
File: LORD.gif (2MB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
LORD.gif
2MB, 453x500px
>>2098564
>When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, "Son, your sins are forgiven."
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 301x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 301x320px
>>2098569
>>2098576
>>2098578
Yes, but not "I forgave your sins". There's a difference.

Kind of like the CEO, worker A and worker B.

worker A sees worker B doing a good job. So A gonna says to B, 'your salary gonna rise'. But it different from CEO speaking to worker B, 'I'm gonna rise your salary'.

There's a difference. Agree?
>>
>>2098576
Jesus was black, bro
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 500x500px
>>2098621
Keep talking like that and I'll salt the earth with your tears
>>
>>2098632
Jesus was black though

The 12 tribes were black too
>>
>>2098643
Show me where in the bible, my african-american anon.
>>
File: ya1Wegd.png (1002KB, 1072x736px) Image search: [Google]
ya1Wegd.png
1002KB, 1072x736px
>>2093939
Absolutely not
They are Mary-worshipping, saint idolizing, ritual-obssessed, pedophile-hiding, Sith-whispering Papist heathens.

>>2093946
>>2093957
>>2094036
>>2094213
T. Padraig Ui Briain
>>
>>2098664
I'm not black

There is no description of him in the Bible. Show me in the Bible where it says he's not black
>>
>>2098583
Then why did people start worshiping him?
>>
>>2098686
Revelation says He's white
>>
>>2098710
That's the question of the century
>>2098719
Bronze skin is not white
>>
File: image.jpg (259KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259KB, 1920x1200px
>>2098710
Paul is the founder of Christianity, not Jesus. All of you are reading are the teaching of Paul. Paul wrote 82% of the New Testament.

Ever heard of a red-lettered Bible? The red-lettered represents what Jesus is talking. And 21 out of 27 of the New Testament doesn't even have a red-letter written in it.

The religion of Jesus is a man-ly religion, as stated in my (>>2098564).

>>2098686
Look, I don't need evidence since I'm not the one claiming this and that. You're the one that claiming this and that and need to present evidence for your claim.

Don't you white people take law in your undergraduate?
>>
>>2098751
If he's not black then what color was he on Earth?
>>
>>2098765
I don't know, why you keep insisting he's black? Why do I have to wear a tie when I go to work? We all have questions that'll never be answered.
>>
>>2098751
If its a pauline invention then why did most of the other apostles who knew Jesus and the like line up with him?
>>
>>2098780
I'm joking around, bro. Pffft
>>
>>2098751
>Ever heard of a red-lettered Bible?

Those aren't standard?
>>
>>2098751
Fuck off you retarded goatfucker, and take your revisionist conspiracy theories with you
>>
File: image.png (117KB, 626x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
117KB, 626x348px
>>2098789
>>2098792
>>2098797
Gonna have brunch, will be back in a moment

>>2098800
Relax, I'm on your Lord side. If you have the time to say shit to me, why don't you criticize my post? Be a man.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 658x752px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 658x752px
>>2098789
It a vast book. Can you give verse from Paul's book that's in line with the Twelve Apostles' book that supports your claim?

>>2098797
Really? Thought it was rare.

>>2098833
Slap me, what do you mean conspiracy?

You Christians have been worshipping him for thousands of years when Jesus HIMSELF never said he was God or worship him.

Instead, it is the exact opposite of what he's saying:

John 14:48 :
....My Father is greater than I

John 10:29:
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all...

Who's is your master? Paul or Jesus?

Be a man, remove the mentality barriers between us and accept what Jesus HIMSELF is saying.
>>
>>2098961
Meant for >>2098800
>>
>>2098961
I meant line up in the sense they and their followers physically supported and upheld his revelations and his church
>>
>>2099044
Well, tbqh, I don't know too much about that. I only know what Jesus said.

God is also not the author of confusion, according to in 1 Corinthians 14:33:

For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

But there're controversy between them, right? Like in the matter of circumcision and others. But I don't know too much. I'm sure the Twelve Disciples are fine men.

Sorry
>>
>>2099067
That kind of gives credence to claims by groups like the Catholics and Orthodox just look at the division amoungst protestants and the fact that it would mean all the disciples and their followers had abanonded the church of Christ for over 1000 years
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 626x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 626x348px
>>2099082
Let's focus on one topic at a time. Ok, anon?

I'm only quote what Jesus said. Now you have to tell whether I'm understand it wrong or misquote Jesus.

Remember, who's your master? Paul or Jesus?
>>
>>2099105
I dont personally have a dog in this race im just playing devils advocate as it where. The Apostolic Christian argument would be that we can only know Jesus teachings through his disciples and not limit this based on his biblical comments alone
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 146x122px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 146x122px
>>2099105
You mean from the disciples that abandon Jesus during the most crucial part of his life, according to Mark 14 50:

And they all forsook Him and fled.

Anon, look. All I'm asking is there's any simple unambiguous vocal statement that comes out from Jesus's mouth that he's saying he is God or worship him.

We don't need the disciples commentary about Jesus. Remember, God is not the author of confusion, as in (>>2099067).

Jesus himself told that his Father is greater than Jesus, as in (>>2098961).

There's also a learned man from the Jews asking Jesus which commandments is the first of all, according to Mark 12 29:

The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Is Jesus being ambiguous about his teaching? Or you Christians trust the disciples more than Jesus himself?

Am I understand it wrong?
>>
>>2099155
Meant for >>2099116
>>
>>2099155
The disciples who witnessed the resurrection then went on to actually create the church.
>>
File: image.gif (96KB, 190x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
96KB, 190x192px
>>2099174
Answer my question, who is your master? Disciples or Jesus?
>>
>>2099186
If I were a christian I would say jesus but our knowledge of him is limited to what the disciples produced and recorded
>>
>>2099200
No disciples recorded anything, they were illiterate fishermen
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 624x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 624x348px
>>2099200
Oh, you're not? I'm really interested if any Christians read my post.

Any Christians have any comments about my post? I would be happy to talk about your master commands, depending who's your master is.

Anyway, you don't need that many to build a religion. Just a core belief like >>2099155 and >>2098564.

>>2099209
Don't say that, the Twelve Disciples might really be fine men.
>>
>>2099218
sorry I only jumped in when they started ignoring you.

What are your religious beliefs out of interest?
>>
>>2099218
I'm just making the inference since the Bible says Peter was unlettered
>>
File: image.png (44KB, 173x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
44KB, 173x180px
>>2099232
Naw, I rather not say it. It will create a mental barrier between me and the Christians.

Guess the /his/ Christians can't stop thumb sucking from Paul teachings.
>>
File: 10039503.jpg (82KB, 1041x538px) Image search: [Google]
10039503.jpg
82KB, 1041x538px
>>2098765
We all know God would never come to earth as a nigger because if there's any work to be done a nigger sure as hell wouldn't be doing it
>>
File: Mystery Babylon.jpg (449KB, 798x798px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery Babylon.jpg
449KB, 798x798px
No.
>>
>>2099268
God came down to earth? To learn human suffering?

Christians pls, do I need to be a machine in order to know what's with the machine?

Do God need to be an insect to learn cockroach suffering? What'll if I squash that cockroach? Will it die?

God can die, right?
>>
>>2099288
*what's wrong with the machine
>>
>>2099272
Mary was a good women, it a shame that people worship her.
>>
>>2099268
Dick
>>
>>2099255
Fair enough, his is generally pretty hostile to any ideas that allign with protestant thought so dont expect much
>>
>>2099272
>art depicting Mary is loosely based on pagan art
>implying that's a bad thing
>>
>>2099303
She is the Queen of Heaven (:
>>
>>2099314
Ok, guess the 'spirit' inside them can't help them
>>
>>2099313
*slap*
Don't ever used that filthy fucking language in this holy thread
>>
>>2099335
Did you just rp slap me?
>>
>>2099353
Fight me
>>
>>2099360
I'll deck you in the mouth
>>
>>2099369
Not if I stick it first
>>
>>2099374
Stick what?
>>
>>2099377
My dick in your gloryhole
>>
>>2093939
Yes they are.

I would reckon only Catholicism, Orthodoxy, and MAYBE even the Protestants are truely Christian, anything else is just pure heresy.
>>
>>2099384
Christians itself is heresy

>>2099155
>>2098751
>>2098564
>>
>>2093939
Are both men in the middle and the right are Jesus?
>>
>>2099380
That's gay.

Let's do it
>>
>>2099416
I change my mind. Hell is a terrible place.
>>
>>2099448
KEK I ain't 'fraid uh no ghosts
>>
>>2099469
Jesus does not die just so I can be gay
>>
>>2099539
Jesus died? I thought he rose again thus nullifying his death
>>
>>2099572
Sorry, I'm new. So, after Jesus rose again, where is he right now? Can you show me some verses?
>>
>>2099583
Apparently he's in Heaven

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2024:50-53
>>
>>2099620
Oh, thanks
>>
>>2099637
You're welcome, I guess
>>
File: image.png (96KB, 650x543px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
96KB, 650x543px
>>2099155
Matthew 13:13 :
Therefore speak I to them in parables, because seeing, they see not, and hearing, they hear not, neither do they understand.

Polite bump
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.