[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of Simón Bolívar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: TheLiberator.jpg (19KB, 220x286px) Image search: [Google]
TheLiberator.jpg
19KB, 220x286px
What does /his/ think of Simón Bolívar?
>>
a true revolutionary, based and respected by all latinos
t. peruvian
>>
Nothing, since /pol/ amd leftypol moved, since they know nothing about anything east of the Caucasus (except for Japan) and south of Spain.
>>
Literally all anyone says about him is that "He liberated South America" and "He's le Latino George Washington"
And that's l i t e r a l l y all
>>
>>2087777
race traitor
>>
>>2087777
He was pretty shit
t. Gabriel Garcia Marquez
>>
>>2088005
Pretty big deal doe.
>>
>>2087777
Simon Bolivar is basically what would happen if you had a Europa Universalis/Victoria II player lead an actual revolution/country.

Artificial countries, artificial country blobs errywhere.
>>
>>2087777
He """""liberated""""" South America
>>
He ruined any chance of South America joined the 1st world
>>
Eternal anglo's puppet.

Legit good strategist though
>>
Great military commander, he fucking won a continental war with a makeshift army that was a real clusterfuck: from haitians and liberated slaves to british volunteers and criollos from all parts of south america.
As a politician he didn´t had a clue of what to do
>>
>>2088348
Explain. I'm interested.
>>
>>2088027
As he faced the firing squad indeed.
>>
>>2087777
Not a good fella t b h, everyone should have stayed loyal to the Spanish crown no matter what.
>>
>>2089797
>Legit good strategist though
Explain, please.
>>
San Martín, Artigas and Santander were much better.
>>
great man, too early for his time. Latin America still needed to get their shit together before independence.
>>
>>2087777
A man with an inhuman attachment to latin independence failed 3 ish times and lost all his money but still kept at it.

Want until he needed Hatian support that he actually started supporting people other than the creolo
>>
>>2089888
Not him, but besides being overly committed to the idea of a Gran Colombian republic, Bolivar wavered too much on the issue of mestizos. He knew he needed their support for a Revolution and to try to keep the continent unified, but he also thought (like most criollos) that they were subhuman. He had a similar problem with Indians. His weakness here and his inability to prevent the ultimate fracturing of Gran Colombia led to the caudillo period.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.