[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Ethiopia the only black country that did something?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: images (1).jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
8KB, 300x168px
Why is Ethiopia the only black country that did something?
>>
>>2086955
because it has the best land
>>
made the leap from tribe to national state to empire, built a national culture based on christian religion, had multiple contacts with other civilizations
>>
Cause they weren't fully "black" since they had alot of semitic ties.
>>
>>2086955
Christianity.
>>
File: Ta’akha Maryam3.jpg (384KB, 1585x939px) Image search: [Google]
Ta’akha Maryam3.jpg
384KB, 1585x939px
Nigeria and Sudan did a lot of stuff.

Like Sudan, Ethiopia has been open to influences from other civilizations like Yemen, Egypt, Rome, etc, so it adopted stuff like writing, cities, statehood, and Christianity. Civilization arose there around 800 BC and has been and developing ever since, while most sub-Saharan civilizations emerged much later (except Sudan).
>>
>>2087016
alri /pol/
>>
WE
>>
>>2086955
Clearly god was on their side
>>
>>2087033
[spoiler]not him but in a video game I play they start with a jewish province, the only jewish province in the world[/spoiler]
>>
>>2087052
That's because they are the original Hebrew Israelites and practice a Judaism closer to the Second Temple period Judaism than any of the modern white imposters
>>
>>2087026
they are Coptic heretics
>>
>>2086955
The Queen of Sheba was BLEACHED! by King Solomon, introducing Jewish genes into their ruling class.
>>
>>2087052
>EU4
>Historically accurate
Actually kill yourself
>>
>>2087078
> oldest surviving christian state
> heretic
>>
>>2087136
>oldest

Armenia still exists you know.
>>
>>2087144
armenian republic is quite recent
>>
>>2087001
All those things aren't really exceptional though in Africa..
>>
>>2087133
I didn't claim that it was historically accurate.
Just pointed out that his claim of semitic ties may not be some odd /pol/ conspiracy like the previous poster implied.
>>
>>2086955
strong ties with egyptian, jewish and hellenic culture (the head of the ethiopian church was named in Alexandria)
>>
>>2087136
They are filthy Judaizers
>>
>>2086955
your question is flawed and you are cherry picking what you consider accomplishment and also you are a denier of a lot of african civilizations
>>
Close to Egypt.
>>
>>2087081
Queen Sheba was Yemeni, not Ethiopian.
>>
>>2086955
The Zulus BTFO britbongs early on in the Anglo Zulu war.

Mwene-Kongo had extensive contact with the Portuguese and conquered much of modern day DRC, which is no small feat.

And Songhai was kind of cool too

The thing with much of Africa is that much of its history was recorded via poetry and oral singing by one guy, so it's hard to know the specifics about individual characters and seperate the fact from the fiction.
>>
>>2087016
False and Semitic is not a race
>>2087412
Simplistic and stupid response
>>2086955
Stop sucking our dicks and we aren't the only African civilization.
>>2087060
Incorrect partially but yeah better than most of 4chans understanding of my community
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.