[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is relativism the most meaningless concept of all times ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1462382436399.jpg (25KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
1462382436399.jpg
25KB, 250x201px
Why is relativism the most meaningless concept of all times ?

> everything is art it's all about your taste
> everything can be right or wrong
> everything is just a matter of point of view
>>
Accurate reflection of a meaningless universe.
>>
Relativism has a lot of merits, especially in its willingness to explore the grey area. By itself, it's not so great, but you can only become a great thinker if you open your mind to differing viewpoints like a relativist would, and not only listen but seek to understand why someone would take a certain position.
>>
>>2086980
Not being relativist doesn't mean being close-minded
>>
>>2086949
It wraps back around, though: everything is just a matter of point of view, but it's *your* point of view, and your responsibility to explore the infinite complexity that drives it, and the thoughts and impulses you have, and what impels you to feel those feels you feel. Your point of view is simultaneously meaningless in the face of the sheer numbers of other opinions, yet inestimably important as a unique and singular endpoint of an entire universe's history that has come together in such a specific and improbable way so as to allow your perspective to exist.

It's only as meaningless as you make it.
>>
I'd take relativism over NO YOUR WRONG AND IM RIGHT LALALLALA any fucking day.
>>
I'm a relativist. I don't even have opinions anymore.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.