[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did the French go from this....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 15687386vcd-fee66.jpg (173KB, 663x683px) Image search: [Google]
15687386vcd-fee66.jpg
173KB, 663x683px
How did the French go from this....
>>
....to this?
>>
A fucking war that devastated the entire world.
>>
what did op mean by this
>>
>>2081688

WWI killed a lot of brave french poilus...
>>
>>2081686
In the Second World War, there were a few individual or isolated examples of bravery, while the people that fought certainly weren't as brave as the Poilu that fought at Verdun. Most of the flaws in WW2 typically came down to awful leadership. While it doesn't represent them as a whole I can think of a few such events:

>Pierre Billotte
At Stonne, while commanding a Char-B1, he singlehandedly took out 13 Germans tanks and 2 field guns, until he was hit by an 88

>Italian Invasion of France
Pretty much massacred the Italians, take it as an achievement if you will

>Battle of Samur
Over 500 French cavalry students defended a bridge from 10,000 Germans as a delaying action, and ended up charging them. I believe that they were even congratulated by the enemy commander.

>Siege of Lille
In the town of Lille 40,000 men held off over 100k and an armoured division, was essential for allowing enough time for Dunkirk

>Jean Maridor
After attempting to destroy a V-1 rocket that was plummeting towards a field hospital in Kent and after running out of ammo, he decided to ram it with his Spitfire, killing himself.
>>
Those carrying the brave gene died face down in the mud while the "truly brave" officers called for another charge
>>
>>2081800

There was no shortage of bravery among the common soldiers.

Anyone who makes the argument that there was has no idea of the reality of the matter.
>>
>>2081686
it was really the first industrial scale war

mental traits are 70% heritable. I have little doubt that most of the best, most honorable, and smartest men ALL died in ww1 due to the scale of the conflict

it also partially explains why europe never recovered economically, and places like canada and the USA went on to outperform them in every single metric, including higher average iq
>>
>>2081824
We in the West are the Nietzschean Last Men, immersed in stupid daily pleasures, while the Muslim radicals are ready to risk everything, engaged in the struggle up to their self-destruction.
>>
>>2081851
I agree with this.

The cause is at least half genetic, though.

only some of us are the last men. the other half of our countries are descendents of mental slaves, who put us in the same chains.

the countries with the larger reserve populations such as russia and china were teh ones who came out stronger and more nationalist.

this is a genetic cause
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.