[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: american-flag.jpg (393KB, 1536x1046px) Image search: [Google]
american-flag.jpg
393KB, 1536x1046px
What nation's history is your favorite? Why do you like that history so much?

I am mesmerized by American History. The god-like status of the founding fathers, the battle for freedom, such awesome tales from early America. Civil war was badass too.
>>
>>2079107
I am mesmerized by French History. The divine right to rule of the French Kings, the battle for the Revolution, such awesome tales from Western Francia. Civil wars were kickass too.
>>
i feel bad liking others' history. but i'm not proud of my history either
>>
>>2079107

Do you by any chance come from the USA?
>>
>>2079107
English and German history

mostly because I like tragedy
>>
Spain, Germany, ancient lost languages and civilizations, also kangs.
>>
>>2079107
>What nation's history is your favorite?
Mine, but for foreign nations, Poland and Germany have neat histories

>Why do you like that history so much?
for Poland, its the tale of a tragic underdog, plus they had some really cool exploits during WW2. For Germany its interesting how a nation rose up after so many tumultuous times
>>
>>2079107
Russian History because they cray
>>
Russian history because somehow they always manage to make things worse.
>>
>>2079107
I was mesmerized by English History. The divine right to rule of the English Kings, the battle against Revolution, such awesome tales from Britannia. Rebellions were kickass too.
>>
desu Polish (my nation's) history is like a fucking rollercoaster with tons of great men

>country founded by invading vikings
>fuck everyone's shit up 40 years into your history
>emperor celebrates year 1000 at your capital
>son of a king who wrecked all of neighbouring countries exiled to one of his former dominions, gets castrated
>pagan rebellion, christianity fights its way back all over
>kingdom fragmented due to gavelkind
>one of the most irrelevant princes reunites the country, beating the strongest dynasty in the central europe
>playboy king brings the nation into unparalleled prosperity, becomes known as great, dies heirless
>throne passes to hungarians, 12yo girl becomes king
>dirty pagan becomes king's husband
>said dirty pagan also rules big-ass lithuania, defeats germans in the greatest battle of the middle ages; germans get butthurt until WWII
>20yo king rules poland, lithuania and hungary, dies in a crusade against turks; legend says he survived and was columbus' father
>one dynasty rules poland, bohemia, lithuania and hungary
>all your neighbours try to gang up on you; strike a deal wih habsburgs that if one of your dynasty dies out, the other inherits all other's realms
>create one of the first democratic systems of modern times with unprecedented religious tolerance
>vassalize your former biggest rival
>capture moscow, get repulsed back
>create an army of mercenaries so feared, kids would be told tales of them until 1815
>survive sweden's scorched earth campaign
>defeat turks in the greatest battle of pre-napoleonic era
>the democratic system devolves into antebellum south
>country gets slowly eaten by your former vassal, country you saved 100 years earlier and your greatest rival
>group of traitors stop implementing the second constitution in history, ask russia for invasion
>american revolutionary war hero leads a band of peasants against russian army
>country gets divided into three empires, fight for 123 years to get it back
>>
>>2079107
>American
>history

Objectively the least interesting desu
>>
>>2079107
I am mesmerized by Japanese History. The line of emperors traced back to the gods, the battle to unify Japan, such awesome tales from the Edo period. Boshin war was kickass too.

But more seriously I like to learn at least a little bit about everyone in Europe, since everyone gets into tangles too much to really stay in one country. Royal houses jumping around, huge wars over religion, etc. If I had to pick, German
>>
>>2079107
I am mesmerized by Mongolian History. The son-of-tengri-like status of Genghis, the rapid expansion under the great blue sky, such awesome tales from the early Khanate. Kublai-Kaidu war was badass too.
>>
>>2081643
But that would be Canadian history.
Even Canadians admit it.
>>
File: mengde.jpg (31KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
mengde.jpg
31KB, 443x332px
>>2079107
Ancient Chinese history for me, especially Three Kingdoms and predating it
Something about ancient history fascinates me, and it sounds like a faraway fantasy board game
>>
File: Shapur and Valerian.jpg (2MB, 2350x1575px) Image search: [Google]
Shapur and Valerian.jpg
2MB, 2350x1575px
>>2079107
Iran
>>
Ancient Greece, as they are pretty much the dawn of western thinking.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.