[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autochthonic Islam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 8

File: Madhhab_Map3.png (52KB, 1245x604px) Image search: [Google]
Madhhab_Map3.png
52KB, 1245x604px
> Autochthonic (auto-ko-thonic): Native to the place inhabited, i.e.; indigenous.

What do you think, /his/? Islam that is indigenous, as opposed to Orthodox and Mecca-centric, á la the Lutheran Churches (Church of England, Church of Sweden, Church of Denmark), disestablished from Rome.

> Autochthonic Islam: Islam disestablished from Mecca.
With new Mecca's: Kairouan for the Malikis, Harer for the Shafi'is, Damascus for the Hanifis, and Isfahan for the Jaffaris.

I'm just sharing the concept, I don't think there's a snow ball's chance in the Sahara it would happen.
>>
>indigenous
How can any monotheistic religion be considered as such? Before Judaism, even Jews had multiple gods.
>>
File: berbera_galleryfull.jpg (49KB, 583x389px) Image search: [Google]
berbera_galleryfull.jpg
49KB, 583x389px
Or, perhaps, Zeyla for the Shafi'is, since it's a coastal city and Shafi'is live in every corner of the Indian Ocean.

Habesha (Abyssinian) Muslims themselves considered Harer the fourth holy city of Islam, after Al-Quds (Jerusalem), Yathriib a.k.a. Medinaat-Rasuhl a.k.a. Medina, and of course; Mecca.
>>
File: Street_in_Harar-2.jpg (434KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Street_in_Harar-2.jpg
434KB, 1024x768px
>>2078139
You're right. I never understood how England had its own Church when God created all the world.

Religion has always been part of nationalism and nativism, and monotheism is no exception. It doesn't have to make sense as long as people believe it.

Religion is what is believe, not what is rationalised.
>>
File: kairouan02.jpg (68KB, 890x594px) Image search: [Google]
kairouan02.jpg
68KB, 890x594px
Kairouan is the holiest city in the Maghreb, established under the Rashidun (first generation) of Caliphs as an Arab fort, it was the greatest seat of Islamic learning in the maghreb (west), and the seat of numerous Sultanates and Caliphates.
>>
>>2078187
> "Esfahān nesf-e- jahān ast" (Isfahan is half of the world)."
A land of poetry and wine in the heart of Persia. Once the largest city in the world and historic capital of Iran (along with Shiraz, Tabriz and Nishapur), it is the very centre of the Jaffari and Shi'ite world.
>>
File: Isfahan-imam-square-6.jpg (825KB, 2000x828px) Image search: [Google]
Isfahan-imam-square-6.jpg
825KB, 2000x828px
>>2078203
> "When the Jews emigrated from Jerusalem, fleeing from Nebuchadnezzar, they carried with them a sample of the water and soil of Jerusalem. They did not settle down anywhere or in any city without examining the water and the soil of each place. They did all along until they reached the city of Isfahan. There they rested, examined the water and soil and found that both resembled Jerusalem. Upon they settled there, cultivated the soil, raised children and grandchildren, and today the name of this settlement is Yahudia."
Isfahan has always had pseudo-holy status among Iranians, considered the Jerusalem of Persia.
>>
Itt: evil satanic kuffars possessed by djin trying to divide the ummah.
>>
The simple reason for Damascus is because it is one of the oldest cities in the world and the first capital of the Caliphates outside Mecca.

Damascus is the city of cities. There is nowhere more prestigious in the Hanifi world.
>>
>>2078139
Do you know what the term even means?
>>
>>2078212
> dividing the Ummah
Inshallah, it shall come to pass.
>>
>>2078217
What is istanbul?
>>
I think such comparisons between Islam and Christianity are misguided, as is any hope for a Muslim "reformation". The religions are fundamentally different in that Christianity had a central church to rebel against, whereas Islam, especially Sunni Islam, does not. There's no point in making a local variant because it is already local. Your local mullah preaches as he sees fit, and not under instructions from Mecca.
>>
File: islamic-early-conquests-map.jpg (201KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
islamic-early-conquests-map.jpg
201KB, 1024x679px
>>2078270
Istanbul is much, much later in Islamic history.

I'm talking the first two Caliphates (Abbasids and Umayyads).
>>2078276
It has nothing to do with Reformation.

It's just an idea.

It arose because I notice that among certain Muslim nations there are indigenous holy cities, because Mecca is far away and foreign.

Harar and Isfahan are two very good examples. And you have great seats of Islamic learning like Kairouan, and later Fes and Marrakech; in the Maghreb these places were the closest most Maghrebis ever got to Mecca.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.