[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw Hacksaw Ridge, and it made me question the ferocity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Just saw Hacksaw Ridge, and it made me question the ferocity of the Japanese during world war 2. We always hear how the Japanese would never surrender and had extreme discipline. Are there any sources that describe this? Would a Japanese army today have these same ideals?
>>
>>2077571
>Japanese
>army
Loled.
>>
>>2077573
???
>>
>>2077571
A Tomb Called Iwo Jima goes into it. How much of thier reputation for ferocity was bushido code or just fear of superiors, who knows?

You wouldn't see it with modern Japanese soldiers. Even during WW2 they were trying to stop them from wasteful bonzai charges.
>>
was a pretty good movie and that one battle scene was absolutely insane, but my god did all that stuff before the time skip move slow as fuck
>>
>>2077571
>Would a Japanese army today have these same ideals?

Not really. The thing with imperial army wasn't really japan bushido tradition, but directly copypasting Prussian army model on japanese military structures. And this was fully axed after WW2 and replaced with US-like military organization. Current SDF are pretty well trained and equipped, but they are backed by different ideas and wouldnt just sacrifice needlessly.
>>
>>2078165
Also the experience from Russian war of 1905 and the Chinese war during 1930s taught them that charges against strengthened positions worked marvelously if employed against enemy with inferior morale. This included storming MG emplacements.

It just didn't work against Americans so good.
>>
>>2078072
>How much of thier reputation for ferocity was bushido code or just fear of superiors, who knows?
Also, Letters from Iwo Jima gets into the fact that the Marines weren't exactly fans of taking prisoners even when the Japanese were willing.

>>2078165
While the general point is true, it wasn't a very good copy paste. They seemed to miss the entire chapter on NCO initiative.
>>
>>2080384
>It just didn't work against Americans so good.

I wonder if this has something to do with American command structure.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.