[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of iconoclasm?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

What does /his/ think of iconoclasm?
>>
Primitive terrorist bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B17lAVteRKk
>>
File: Fuck Everything.jpg (483KB, 989x742px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Everything.jpg
483KB, 989x742px
>>2076818
>destroying the only good thing about Christianity
>>
>>2076818
Nice looking/sounding word, bad idea.
>>
>>2076818
>Iconoclasts

Good for drunkenly yelling at people with your Belgian friend and his dog, autistics that destroy artwork and beauty because of REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Capture.png (22KB, 300x58px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
22KB, 300x58px
>worshipping a piece of wood and not god

heretics
>>
>Painted pieces of canvas have magic powers
>Orthodox fags really believe this
>>
>>2076818
Iconoclasm makes me legit full of joy.
>>
heresy
>>
>>2076818
Orthodox here.
I think there is nothing wrong with religious images per se, but treating them as idols should be forbidden. This is why i never pray before icons or kiss them. Orthodoxy tends to have a bit of overload with icons and other imagery so you must be careful how you act around them. This is just my opinion.
>>
>>2077273
Edgy.
>>
>>2076818
Idol worship is one of the biggest reasons I cannot be Orthodox, even where it is not true idolatry, why would you engage in such an affront to the covenants? When the apostle said not to chop down and adorn a tree as the pagans do, when Peter said not to worship graven images, and all of the commands in the Old Testament, and you still feel the need to worship with idols? Even of it is not idolatry, what makes you think it's useful? It's like Catholics with their rosary, engaging in vain repetitions; even if some can properly use the rosary, what benefit do you think you will achieve out of pronouncing memorized prayers over and over again, heedless of their meaning?

I don't mind religious imagery in Church, but Icons are too dangerous, history has attested to this.
>>
I think when iconoclasm happens it's for all the wrong reasons. I think it would be good if the people who posses the icons themselves destroyed the icons.

Really, secret symbolism or inherently incorrect or false symbolism should be destroyed.
>>
>people love god
>want to demonstrate their love of god
>pour creative effort into making art to show the glory of god
>churches are now beautiful and people come from all over to marvel at them
>bunch of dumbfuck barbarians who can't make art to save their lives get massively butthurt because their churches are ugly and barren in comparison
>start saying you're don't "really" love god you just love your art
>try to destroy all your art to assuage their butthurt
>>
>>2076818

who even takes this seriously
>>
>>2077405
ISIS
>>
>>2077117
This. The only saving grace of Christianity is its aesthetic. Take that away and the autism levels go off the charts.

I.E. Protestantism
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.