[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who where the huns really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: hunok_cikk.jpg (81KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
hunok_cikk.jpg
81KB, 800x576px
Im wondering about the hunnic culture religion and warfare
>>
Asian/Turkic tribes
>>
>>2075601
Some nomadic tribe that were pushed out by China and went west ward to Europe.
>>
File: NEWFLAG.jpg (222KB, 2820x1586px) Image search: [Google]
NEWFLAG.jpg
222KB, 2820x1586px
>>2075601
It was a confederation of unknown tribes.
>>
>>2075601
I'm fairly sure they loosely descend from the Hsiung-nu, who were pushed out by the Chinese. The Huns were basically 100% warrior people. They raised their boys to fight. They also practiced cranial deformation and allegedly participated in human sacrifice. They basically lived to raid and only ever caused people trouble.
>>
Is there some DNA study on the huns? Like where they originated from?
>>
>>2075713
>>2075831

Somewhere between these two
>>
>>2075601
We don't really know besides a bunch of Roman historians describing Huns from secondhand accounts.

>>2075831 has it correct that they are a confederation. Not quite unknown tribes given that the likes of Goths, Alans, some Indo-Iranians Steppenigs, and other named tribes were with them.
>>
>>2076625
You need to find a 100% Confirmed Hun person.

Which is pretty hard to identify off the bat.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuringii

>The Thuringii established an empire in the late 5th century. It reached its territorial peak in the first half of the 6th before it was conquered by the Franks in 531–532. Examination of Thuringian grave sites reveal cranial features which suggest the strong presence of Hunnic women or slaves, perhaps indicating that many Thuringians took Hunnic wives or Hunnic slaves following the collapse of the Hunnic Empire.

So I guess the Hun heritage lives on in Germany.
>>
File: 07a7b9a092ae301064220db06688b483.jpg (280KB, 1024x1304px) Image search: [Google]
07a7b9a092ae301064220db06688b483.jpg
280KB, 1024x1304px
>>2076678
Isn't head deformation a good enough indication of being hun? If said skull is found in a hunnic grave?
>>
>>2076725
Its an indication of hunnic culture but says nothing about ethnicity
>>
>>2076725

>>2076738
the skull sure does, it's not flat like east asian maxillae. That's a european skull, but I'm willing to bet the huns were a sort of Avar/Slav situation where one group sort of led the other around on a leash, sort of like foederati but with a more despotic twist.
>>
>>2076738
if you sample 20-30 finds and DNA test them, wouldn't that give you a good measure of what ethnicity the hunnic culture was?
>>
HUNS WERE NOT A SINGLE TRIBE HOLY SHIT

They were a confederation of everything from Mongols to Slavs and Germanics.
>>
>>2076767
>source please
>>
>>2076767
How do you know that?
>>
>>2076767
But who was the original tribe who started this shit?
>>
>>2076773
Xiongnu probably.
>>
>>2076787
Who are the xiongnu are they turkic, mongolic or tungusic or are they the the proto culture that encroached all of them.
>>
>>2076725
huns were aliens confirmed
>>
Steppe-Niggers
>>
>>2076766
>>2076760
I mean there is no way to tell that the skull is an ethnic hun, whatever an ethnic hun actually is
>>
>>2076766
they were a bunch of random tribes
they had no homogenous ethnicity
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.