[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After Stalin, how bad was it really?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

After Stalin, how bad was it really?
>>
Soviet Union during the Khruschev and Brezhnev years was probably the only time during the entirety of Russian history when things weren't getting worse.
>>
>>2075192
>that map
kek
I guess China remained capitalist in this scenario.
>>
>>2075574
wut. It's of the USSR. why would china be on there?
>>
>>2075192
>>2075581
>mongol ssr
>manchu ssr

What is this bullshit?
>>
>>2075630
>mongol ssr
to be fair it was a soviet puppet state
the manchu ssr i don't get

i think maybe it's supposed to mean post ww2 communist rebels.
>>
File: heheh.png (149KB, 360x406px) Image search: [Google]
heheh.png
149KB, 360x406px
>>2075215
>Brezhnev years
>things weren't getting worse
They were literally the years when the entire Soviet Union started going to shit.
>>
>>2076077
Eh. Sort of, man. That was when the economy started to stagnate, but stellar economic growth doesn't = a happy populace. Not that people during the Brezhnev era were happy or comfortable -- the Soviet Union was never a very nice place -- but by and large in the mid-late-60s, 70s, they were living better than they ever had before.

To reiterate, though, their standard of living being much improved from what it was a generation before doesn't mean it was up to western standards. Not even close. I shouldn't even have to explicitly write that, but I know otherwise someone will jump down my throat and accuse me of being a "leftard" or whatever.
>>
>>2075215

>Things keep getting worse!

>That's why we no longer harness women to pull our ploughs!
>>
>>2075192
I know some people who lived there or visited it in the post-Stalin era. It was apparently rather poor by Western standards but things like healthcare and education were very widespread, and culture was very accessible.
>>
>>2075975
I thought they were closer with Chinese Communist rather then the soviet union
>>
>>2077748
nope, mongolia was always in the soviet sphere
>>
>>2075192
My university professor had told us that USSR was in crisis since Khrushchev's coup. Khrushchev idiotic reforms stopped soviet economy from evolving,

Khrushchev killed Stalin
he led the coup and doomed ussr to failure
>>
File: sci-leftypol.png (92KB, 989x583px) Image search: [Google]
sci-leftypol.png
92KB, 989x583px
>>
File: Leftypol-2.png (148KB, 489x664px) Image search: [Google]
Leftypol-2.png
148KB, 489x664px
>>2079248
>>
File: Leftypol-3.png (24KB, 961x639px) Image search: [Google]
Leftypol-3.png
24KB, 961x639px
>>2079251
>>
File: 1481558422184.png (67KB, 1297x632px) Image search: [Google]
1481558422184.png
67KB, 1297x632px
>>2079252
>>
>>2077770
Inner Mongolia, on the other hand was well within the grasp of the CCP. There was ethnic cleansing of the Mongolian minority as the land was flooded with Han farmers. The Chinese saw Mongolian customs as decadent, unnecessary, and anti Maoist.
>>
>>2079499
To follow that up, the sino-soviet rift between Mao and Krushchev further widened the gap between inner Mongolia and Soviet controlled Mongolia.
>>
>>2076077
Soviet Union was improving slowly throughout those years.

Things went poorly 1982-1986. And then they shitted themselves 1986-1990.
>>
>>2079499
>There was ethnic cleansing of the Mongolian minority

Uhhh no there was not. Immigrants != ethnic cleansing.

Not once did the mongol population fall in inner Mongolia. I even think they grew during the GLF.
>>
>>2079535
20k+ Mongolians were killed by red guards in the cultural revolution
>>
>>2075192
unf what's that font? sexy af
>>
File: 422161.jpg (76KB, 750x815px) Image search: [Google]
422161.jpg
76KB, 750x815px
>>2075215
>Brezhnev years
>implying these weren't the years when the soviet union started rotting from the inside

For fucks sake. Leonid always was a comfy candidate everyone in the higher party echolons liked. Even before his pill addiction basically made him unable to lead a government. He tried to turn in his resignation in 1975 i think but it wasn't accepted because no one was interested in fucking with the balance of Power that had established in the politbureau. His maxime (before becoming dement and weak because of his pill addiction) was stability which would be achieved -in his mind- by stopping the drastic policy changes. Were his predecessors at least attempted reform to reach parity with the west Leonid just used the same methods over and over again. And his companions in the politbureau were as old and stagnant as Brezhnev.

Blaming Gorbachev for the downfall of the UDSSR is borderline retarded. When he took over the damage was long done.
>>
>>2079209
t. gopnik stalinovich
>>
>>2079252
Hey that's my post
>>
>>2080301
Why do you "people" do this?

It's like watching retards from the right skinny dip in pig shit and go "HEY, I WANT SOME'A THAT SON"
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.