[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any good books about the Balkan wars yet? I know you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault (6).jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (6).jpg
26KB, 480x360px
Is there any good books about the Balkan wars yet?

I know you guys invoke the 25-year rule but I really want to learn about the fall of Yugoslavia, rise of Serbian nationalism to the bombing of Belgrade. I watched the bbc documentary but wonder if there are any good books on it which aren't too heavily biased.
>>
>>2074851
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEzOgpMWnVs
it ain't a book,but watch it.
>>
What was the name of that amateur documentary done in the past couple years that was on youtube? I forget it's name.
>>
>>2075330
nevermind, found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waEYQ46gH08
>>
>>2075549
this one starts off good but goes more and more full retard as time goes on
>>
>>2075571
the clips of the Croatian and Serbian media side by side was pretty shocking, though
>>
File: Sacred Serb Land.jpg (23KB, 487x506px) Image search: [Google]
Sacred Serb Land.jpg
23KB, 487x506px
>>2074851
Some books I've come across, both from taking classes on the subject and from my own personal interest.

The Fall of Yugoslavia: The Third Balkan War, by Misha Glenny

The Balkans: Nationalism, War, and the Great Powers, same author. This one's not about the Yugoslav Wars per se, but it does offer a lot of background and history on the region for the two centuries prior.

The Bridge on the Drina, by Ivo Andric. Again, this book is not specifically about the Yugoslav Wars, but as one of the greatest works of Balkan literature, it is an essential for anyone seeking to gain any understanding of the conflicts in the region.

>>2075344
This.

Blood and Vengeance, by Chuck Sudetic. Similar to Safe Area Gorazde in principle, that of a reporter writing about the stories he's heard from people in the region. This one, and Safe Area Gorazde as well, are works by journalists and not dedicated historians, so expected some level of bias in these two works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFnYHja6R0U
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.