[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alt-History WW1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ww1 map.jpg (50KB, 550x408px) Image search: [Google]
ww1 map.jpg
50KB, 550x408px
How would WW1 have turned out if Germany went with pic related? Would a German-Russian alliance be able to defeat an Austria-French-German Entente? Or would they still lose?
>>
Germany probably would've had a much higher chance to win.

Russia would've won in a one-on-one war against Austria-Hungary, Germany was the only reason they were able to stay in the war at all. I think Austria-Hungary would've collapsed within a year and then Germany and Russia would've been able to divert all their resources to fighting France.
>>
This map gave Montenegro half of Bosnia.
Montenegro is 7 times smaller than Serbia.

Anyway, Bulgaria would surely be on the side of Russia and Germany in such a scenario.

Serbia and Austria being on the same side assumes several things:
1)There is no dynastic coup in 1903
2)The king of Serbia has an heir
3)The king of Serbia probably marries someone else.
4)Austria doesn't support the creation of Albania after the first Balkan war, and it's controlled by Montenegro, Serbia and Greece.

Let's assume Italy joins Germany and Russia during the war. Istria, Fiume e Dalmazia! Also, Nice.

I think Germany and Russia would have won.
They'd absolutely mop the floor with Austria-Hungary. Austria can't take on Russia 1v1, and they don't have the means to hold a front that large.

In wake of A-H defeat Serbia would probably get off scot free, and might ever switch sides and be rewarded with Austria territory in exchange for half of Macedonia. Vojvodina and Bosnia for half of Macedonia seems like quite the bargain.
Then again, assuming it controls Albania the half of Macedonia in question would have already been Bulgarian.

France would bleed.
I don't see France and Britain winning with Germany, Russia and Italy.
>>
>>2073334
Essentially this. The West and Austria have nothing going for them. They are divided by Germany and Austria is the weakest of the great powers so it won't even last a year. To make matters worse Italy will certainly join and has nothing to gain by joining Austria the same could be said of Romania. Combine all that and you have France and Britain fighting pretty much all of Europe. They might last for a few years but it is highly unlikely that they could defeat Germany and co. in a prolonged war since Russia can easily support itself and likely much of its allies with farming.
>>
>>2073399
I thought about mentioning Romania, but in the grand scheme of things it's not as important. I talked about Serbia and Bulgaria just because Serbia is highlighted.
Like Italy they have no reason to join Austria, and joining Germany and Russia could only benefit them.
>>
>>2073435
I suppose that Bulgaria could try to reclaim the lands they lost to the Ottomans in the Second Balkan war, but yeah, in the grand scheme of things they have far more reasons to support Germany and Russia.

The west simply has no means of gaining allies, any country that could make some difference has reasons to oppose them and no reasons to support them.
>Italy wants Trentino
>Bulgaria wants Macedonia
>Romania wants Transylvania
I can't even see Austria-Hungary lasting a year in this war, and after that you are left with just France, Britain, and Belgium fighting Russia, the Ottoman Empire, Italy, and Germany. They simply lack the numbers to keep the war going and with Russia being allied to Germany a naval blockade won't mean anywhere near as much as Russia produces a surplus of food and can easily trade overland with plenty of countries.
>>
>>2073284
That "map" is an abomination.
>>
>>2073284
Austria will last less than a year.

French fall under the weight of central powers within two years.

Britain will stubbornly hold for couple a years before signing the an armistice.

USA remains isolationist but will strength the military in secret.
>>
>>2073284

Pretty easily. The main sequence of the Eastern Front of WW1 was the Russians beating up the Austro-Hungarians, them crying for help, Germany senging guys over to stomp the shit out of the Russians, and then needing to bring them back west.

Russia would be able to crush A-H pretty much on its own, letting Germany to put its full strength into hitting France. Plus, the agricultural support of Russia would enable Germany to survive the worst of the blockade.
>>
>>2073334
>I don't see France and Britain winning with Germany, Russia and Italy.

You forget that Russia and A-H cancel each others through sheer incompetence and Italy switches sides
>>
>>2075336

You forget that Russia pretty consistently beat the crap out of A-H throughout WW1.
>>
>>2075336
What reason do Italy have to side the the Entente when AU got the territory they want?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.