[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is your favourite General or Marshal of Napoléon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Bernadotte.png (874KB, 1038x578px) Image search: [Google]
Bernadotte.png
874KB, 1038x578px
It is Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte for me.
That was a great man.
>>
>>2073050
I barely know anyone else except his cuckold baby, Beauharnais, and meme Ney.
>>
>>2073050
The one that failed him because he was eating strawberries instead of commanding his men: Grouchie.
>>
File: Ney-at-Kowno.jpg (345KB, 1620x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Ney-at-Kowno.jpg
345KB, 1620x1280px
Ney, easily
Dude was far from the best, but he was definitly the bravest

>Napoleon left Moscow on October 19th with roughly 100,000 men. On November 3 it began to snow, and Napoleon gave Ney command of the 6,000 man rearguard.

>Throughout the retreat, Ney’s energy and courage were equaled by his tactical ingenuity. Musket in hand, he led countless charges. On one night march, a wagon went through the ice and a survivor could be seen clinging to the wreckage. Ney himself crawled along the ice to pull him out of the icy water. Recognizing the rescued officer, Ney said matter of factly “Ah…de Briqueville, glad we got you out!”

>The retreat went on and on, and eventually, Ney had only 100 men left. With these, Ney and General Gerard held the bridge at Kovno while it was being destroyed. Imperial Guardsman Jean Coignet described what happened. “Marshal Ney kept the enemy at bay by his own bravery. I saw him take a musket and five men and hold the bridge at Kovno. The country should be glad it has such a man.

>And so, on December 13th, the skeletal remains of the Grand Armee left Russian soil. The last man to cross into East Prussia was Michel Ney.

>At Waterloo Ney again commanded the left wing of the army. At around 3:30 p.m., Ney ordered a mass cavalry charge against the Anglo-Allied line.
>Ney was seen during one of the charges beating his sword against the side of a British cannon in furious frustration.

>During the battle, he had five horses killed under him; and at the end of the day, Ney led one of the last infantry charges, shouting to his men: "Come and see how a marshal of France meets his death!".

Even his execution was badass
>>
File: Louis_nicolas_davout.jpg (20KB, 250x389px) Image search: [Google]
Louis_nicolas_davout.jpg
20KB, 250x389px
>>2073050
Give me Davout everytime,' The Iron Marshal' unbeaten when in command, at Auerstadt he won against overwhelming odds
>>
File: prux.png (375KB, 639x734px) Image search: [Google]
prux.png
375KB, 639x734px
Lasalle was pretty badass too
Reading his biography, wikipedia was pretty entertaining with the Stettin comedy show, that time he shagged the wife of a Spanish officer and ended up in a duel, and of course his tragic death in battle
>>
>>2073050
Massena
>>
>>2073050
Davout had the most talent.

I'd say McDonald for his loyalty to the end.
>>
>>2073075
Kek
>>
>>2073082
It's not Wellington who'd do that
>>
>>2075209
Wellington was too smart to invade Russia
>>
>>2075260
More like too irrelevant
Wellington had to follow his fat king's orders
And his fat king told him to war Napoleon because he found inacceptable to see a commoner become Emperor (Wellington btw shared this view as the stuck up highborn he was)
>>
>>2075260
It's okay if you do it in summer
>>
>>2076899
No.

Napoleon invaded in summer and typhus actually killed more soldiers than the winter cold.
>>
>>2076899
t. Hitler
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.