[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biblical Prophecies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5423.jpg (142KB, 576x421px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5423.jpg
142KB, 576x421px
We're biblical prophecies written after the fact in order to make them line up with history ?
>>
And what did the Bible prophecise?
>>
>>2071427
Most early prophecy appears to be an artifact of visionary mysticism, at least in the OT. See: Ezekiel, Daniel, etc.
>>
>>2071427
Not all of them, some are just construed to fit future events. Something common with all sorts of prophecies
>>
>>2071531
You're not counting the minor prophets though. a lot of prophecies were oracles against other nations. even in Ezekiel you have an oracle predicting the destruction of Tyre. Also Daniel generally agreed to be a forgery from the 3rd or 2nd century B.C. I forget which.
>>
>>2071627
>oracles against other nations
Still products of mysticism; this is not incompatible with state politics. See: Kalachakra tantra and its prophecies w/r/t Islam.

>Also Daniel generally agreed to be a forgery from the 3rd or 2nd century
Which is still in the timeframe for Merkavah mysticism and probably some early Hekhalot materials.
>>
>>2071643
Nahum 3
>Woe to the bloody city!
>it is all full of lies and robbery;
>the prey departeth not;
>2 the noise of a whip, and the noise of the rattling of the wheels,
>and of the pransing horses, and of the jumping chariots.
>3 The horseman lifteth up both the bright sword and the glittering spear:
>and there is a multitude of slain, and a great number of carcases;
>and there is none end of their corpses;
>they stumble upon their corpses:
>4 because of the multitude of the whoredoms of the wellfavoured harlot, the mistress of witchcrafts,
>that selleth nations through her whoredoms, and families through her witchcrafts.
>5 Behold, I am against thee, saith the Lord of hosts;
>and I will discover thy skirts upon thy face,
>and I will shew the nations thy nakedness,
>and the kingdoms thy shame.
>6 And I will cast abominable filth upon thee, and make thee vile,
>and will set thee as a gazingstock.
>7 And it shall come to pass, that all they that look upon thee shall flee from thee,
>and say, Nineveh is laid waste:
>who will bemoan her?
>whence shall I seek comforters for thee?
What exactly about this is mysticism? this is representative of a huge swath of prophecy in the bible: nothing that I'd call mystic thought, just pure "hehe YHWH's gonna wreck your shit you fucker."
>>
File: 1480663387767.jpg (509KB, 794x1123px) Image search: [Google]
1480663387767.jpg
509KB, 794x1123px
Were all these bullshit, written after the fact?
>>
>>2071685
even worse: some of them aren't even prophecy or have being horribly misinterpreted. Isaiah 7:14 isn't even about the Messiah and it says nothing about a virgin. it's fulfilled in Isaiah shortly after the prophecy is made.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.