[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /his/, have you read any good board related books lately?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: received_678946915619547.jpg (25KB, 605x454px) Image search: [Google]
received_678946915619547.jpg
25KB, 605x454px
Sup /his/, have you read any good board related books lately?
>>
Recently read The Imperial Conspiracy. It's just about the origins of the Japanese monarchy and Emperor Hirohito's life (especially his role in WWII.)
>>
>>2070610
Why was it conspiratorial?
>>
>>2070614
Because the Emperor is portrayed in most accounts of being an innocent tool of his warmongering Cabinet, when in reality he had a huge role in the operations. Plus, we allowed the Emperor to continue to reign after WWII, while we executed basically everybody else.
>>
Nobody else reads? I finished Killer Angels again. I dont find the american civil war to be too interesting generally but i love that book.
>>
>>2070597
I finished Civilization: The West and the Rest. It's basically a summary of history from the 1500's till now.

Pretty alright if you want some basic knowledge of how the West got ahead.
>>
>>2070854
Of course no one on this board reads. Have you not noticed the huge amount of bullshit everywhere?
>>
File: 1480418411071.jpg (69KB, 1024x130px) Image search: [Google]
1480418411071.jpg
69KB, 1024x130px
Alexander the Great by Paul Cartledge

fantastic book, it's not strictly chronological like most biographies, each chapter assesses different aspects of Alexander, his relationships with the different peoples of his empire and of course his generalship.

that being said, it's a little disorienting considering I knew very little about him so I was looking for more of a chronological story type biography rather than a biography / character study. I think I'll buy another Alexander book then re-read this to really appreciate its nuances.
>>
I've been reading The Classical World by Robin Lane Fox. It's an excellent introduction to the Greeks and Romans (I knew next to nothing about the Greeks beforehand). I'm now in love with Ancient Greek history and have recently started Herodotus.
>>
Thomas Jefferson by Christopher Hitchens, Mein Kampf
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.