[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative History Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 50

File: 14857969.jpg (80KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
14857969.jpg
80KB, 540x720px
Alternative History Thread
>>
>>2068856
define and ill tell.
>>
>>2068856
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQWhDvKEiSw
>>
>>2068856
Teutoburg never happened.

>>2068883
Ow fugg
>>
the angles, saxons and the jutes never settled in britain..
>>
File: New world order.png (865KB, 5817x2924px) Image search: [Google]
New world order.png
865KB, 5817x2924px
>>2068856
After WWIII the UN forces the most powerful nations involved to be split up like a monopoly would. So US, Canada, Russia, UK, Germany, and China. Meanwhile through the war, in order to not get taken advantage of certain nations (particularly in South America but also in Africa, Europe, and Asia) group together to fight off advancing powers and remain either out of the war or able to defend themselves semi-adequately.
>>
>>2070369
Can someone post the normal version of this map?
>>
>>2070369
>Lakeland

Who comes up with this shit?
>>
File: althis.jpg (2MB, 2448x2641px) Image search: [Google]
althis.jpg
2MB, 2448x2641px
>>2068856
>>
>>2068856
>Feminism and the Sexual Revolution never happen.
>Humanity colonizes the solar system and is about to launch an expedition to Alpha Centauri.

We could have been so far if it were not for the cuckolds.
>>
File: world map template.png (771KB, 5817x2924px) Image search: [Google]
world map template.png
771KB, 5817x2924px
>>2070380
me lol, that's the region I live in too
>>2070378
I think Iceland or something is fucked up but here
>>
>>2070455
Thanks man.
>>
File: LouisianaPurchase.png (357KB, 1480x906px) Image search: [Google]
LouisianaPurchase.png
357KB, 1480x906px
>>2068856

Napoleon is exiled to Louisiana where he builds up a gathering and forms "Le Grande Louisiane" as a separate nation from the United States after fighting a war between them, Mexico, and Canada to a lesser extent
>>
>>2070500
Napoleon did want to escape to the United States after Waterloo, historically.
>>
>>2070500
>>2070529

I like this scenario. Louisiana would have been the key port with rich farmland to the north. Would there have been an inevatable conflict between the OG Anglosphere and Nap-Francosphere states?
>>
>>2070230
Bienvenue à Grande Bretagne, mes amis!
>>
>>2070369
>"Arctica"
lol

>>2070380
Clearly some neckbeard who's spent too much time with vidya, and none with an actual book.
>>
>>2070369
>Any future world where half of California is not under the sea

0/10
>>
>>2070455
Does anyone know if there's a 1914 version of this anywhere?
>>
>>2068856
>Vikings establish a permanent settlement in the Americas and relations with nordic mainland end gradually. The new world vikings develop in isolation over centuries and form a kingdom with local indians in the northeast (Iroquois).
>>
File: 1539b1.jpg (299KB, 917x1177px) Image search: [Google]
1539b1.jpg
299KB, 917x1177px
>>2070500
>>
>>2070580
I thought about sinking Florida but then I thought, fuck it leave it with the South
>>
File: Accounts of the conquistadors.png (75KB, 935x553px) Image search: [Google]
Accounts of the conquistadors.png
75KB, 935x553px
>>2068856
Aztecs get disease immunity, iron weapons/armors and cannons.
>>
>>2068856
Irene of Athens and Charlemange marry. Due to Frankish tradition of dividing lands, Europe becomes a shattered shit fest in which Islam makes significant forays into.
>>
>>2070910
This is the premise sort of, of my comic.
>>
File: TheWorldIn1958.png (769KB, 5817x2924px) Image search: [Google]
TheWorldIn1958.png
769KB, 5817x2924px
Here's mine.

I'm pretty autistic and think about this shit alot

The idea is Britain allied Germany in 1909 , hoping to prevent further German colonial expansion by attempting to improve German relations with France through Britain, and economically tie Britain to Germany to make them have influence over them.

The plan failed, as when war broke out in 1914, Germany pressured Britain into joining. Germany quickly overwhelmed france, and won the war in the east in 1916. The following peace treaty gave Germany control of much African territory, as well as Portugal and england.

The UK has fallen behind in both military and economy, with Germany's many eastern puppet states making it the most powerful nation on earth.

Throughout the 20's and 30's, the US built up its army to be comparable to that of Germany's, as well as the Pacific and Atlantic Fleet.

The British, hoping to be able to have an advantage in a war with the US, annexed the Panama canal in a move that almost lead to war in 1942.

Nuclear Weapons are not developed. Rather, huge spending goes into militaries.

It is now 1958. Border conflicts across the Canadian American Border have caused high tensions.

In Austria Hungary, a national series of revolts have created a huge civil war in the region, where various Czech and Slavic seperatists have brought the nation to its knees. Germany has been futile in its attempts to control the region, and has fallen into much debt to the US. Increasing Nationalism in Germany and Britain have put people more in favour of a war with the US than ever. Fearing this, The US has created a pact with the Republic of China, France and Russia.

unrealistic, i know.
>>
>>2071000
I like it so far. Just a few things to elaborate on
What happened to Russia in WWI?
Why would the US and UK have any animosity?
Which side is Japan on? Neutral?
>>
>>2071017
Japan was allied with the UK up until the early late 20's

the UK picked the US over them eventually, so I suppose in that anons world the roles would be reversed and the alliance would have continued
>>
>>2071017
>what happened to russia?
They were forced to give Finland, the Baltics, Belarus, Ukraine and poland independence. The German and British army however intervened to destroy the Communist uprisings, and restored Nicholas to the throne (the war ended in 1916).

Russia's constitution was rewritten by Germany and Britain to give people further rights and encourage democracy. As a result, many of the population did not feel much hatred to Britain and Germany.

Russia in this time has begun to be modernized due to heavy American investment to challenge German dominance in Europe.

>Why would the US and UK have any animosity?
UK is a close ally of Germany and America's main rival in trade and industry, with both having roughly equal economies. Due to US and Russian funding of rebels in Austria, and british and german funding of Austria's government, the US feels the UK are an opponent to the US, though these feelings are not so strong in Britain. Britain's government feels intimidated by Germany, and generally follows their military expeditions out of fear of being isolated, and would ideally like to become closer to the US and russia, though the US has more or less reduced partnership with the UK in protest of its imperialism in Africa and India.

>Which side is Japan on?
Japan is a close ally of the UK, though japan's annexing of manchuria increased tensions and the UK has attempted to distance themselves from it. The US has encouraged the Japanese in many situations over the past 40 years, in an attempt to win their favour to challenge British Naval dominance in the Pacific, though the Japanese would ideally hope to be allies of both. In a war, they would attempt to maintain nreutrality, though would likely associate with whoever is an enemy of China.
>>
>>2071036
Yeah, the alliance more or less remained, though Japan is a friend of both, and reliant in resources from both.
>>
Literally my ideal world is one where the Native Americans have disease immunity. That's it. That's literally it. It would be a perfect world.
>>
>>2071097
It wouldn't have changed anything.
>>
>>2071097
They still would've gotten tossed around due to literally being in the Stone age at the same time the Europeans were using guns. It would've taken longer but it really wouldn't change that much.
>>
>>2071000
I can't understand why America let Britain annex Panama without going to war. Panama was among other things, like Cuba, one of America's wetdreams. A quick and easy way to move its navy and supplies between east and west without going overland. America was still a believer in naval power projection too. Also I imagine in this scenario a quick fall for Canada and India as a land invasion crushes the former and a Russian and American helped rebellion hits the latter. The rebellion especially sounds cool since in this scenario the Great Game never ends and this rebellion is its climax.
>>
>>2071128
No, there would be immeasurably more spics. That's a really shitty world.
>>
>>2071257
>I can't understand why America let Britain annex Panama without going to war
So, basically (i've actually talked about this idea of mine a lot online, stupid I know)

The UK annexed the territory when America was in a particularly bad state in 1942 and the army had to be cut down. In a war between Britain and Germany, America at the time couldn't have done anything and British and German forces would begin arriving in Newfoundland quickly, so the US would have to occupy Canada fast, which is even harder as at any given time, around 200,000 British and German troops are stationed in Canada, with heavy fortifications along the eastern canadian border known as the Ottawa line.

Russia decided not to take action as their ally in the US was in a terrible state for war, and it still takes much time for Russia to mobilize, in which time the Ukrainenian, polish and German armies can take Moscow and damage the control of russian administration.

The UK realized thizs would damage relatiuons with the US so appeased them by rejecting the Nationalization of it later, and opening it without bias.

A Treaty was signed to return it to Panama in 1950, stating it'll be part of an independant Panama in 1960. The Uk used its excuse to annex it through a communist uprising in the region, something Russia supported at the time also.
>>
>>2071097

>North America the same kind of mixed race tribal shithole as much of S America is

no thanks
>>
>>2071304
That makes a bit more sense I guess. Why was America in a bad state though? Also, does war end up happening? How do you think it would go?
>>
File: Jin 1.gif (1016KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Jin 1.gif
1016KB, 500x270px
>>2070407
>Jin Roh
Good times, man, good times.
>>
>>2070369
>canada
>most powerful nations
>>
>>2070369

I like how in all these maps Scotland and Ireland join together, usually with Wales too. Because they're both """"celtic"""" presumably?
>>
File: 1447936759244.jpg (75KB, 286x385px) Image search: [Google]
1447936759244.jpg
75KB, 286x385px
>>2070369
>Lakeland
>Upper Midwest, New England, and Eastern Canada as one nation
>mfw this will never happen
>>
>>2071332
America was in a bad state primarily due to a similar event to the wallstreet crash in the 30's, except most attempts to increase employment fail and the lower corporate taxes imposed simply make the country dependent on monopolies, and the government almost becomes an oligarchy of corporations. Truman eventually helps the US Economy though increased industrial demand in volunteers in the Chinese Civil war through the late 40's, and are now an emerging power.

>also, does the war end up happening?
Yeah. i haven't developed much on it though.

Basically, russian minorities begin to protest against the finnish government in st petersburg, and begin to strike and protest in the streets until they're treated better by the finnish government. Russia uses this to demand Finland respect their demands and give the south a referendum. Finland refuses, and Russia occupies the City quickly. Germany demands withdrawal. A meeting between world leaders is set up in London to discuss the matter. Russia, The US, France and China storm out in anger and refuse to attend further meetings after Germany uses its eastern european puppet states to politically isolate russia on the matter. Russia's president, France's and the US (respectively Kerensky, Auriol and Eisenhower) agree to back one another up.

A plan is formed for France (now with a large army and higher population) to quickly invade Germany while their Divisions are focused in russia, while the US uses its atlantic fleet to attack the British, and prevent more troops reaching Canada and isolating the 200,000 already there. Russia will ignore Finland due to its small army and move to set up defences against the incoming Germans. China will move into British Indochina and the Raj and attempt to quickly secure strategic points such as Hanoi and Calcutta before the Indian army can mobilize.
>>
File: 75-076 aaa.jpg1532011837.jpg (70KB, 690x913px) Image search: [Google]
75-076 aaa.jpg1532011837.jpg
70KB, 690x913px
>>2071312
>more native adaptions instead of a dull imposed culture
HNNNNNNNGGGG
>>
>>2071410
>>
>>2068856
The UN (America) declares the Suez Canal a British embassy, thus allowing them passage to and thro
America does not get involved with the Falklands war, Argentina is invaded by Britain and Pinochet, the junta is hung, Chile gets half of Argentina and becomes a memeber of commonwealth.
>>
>>2068856
The American stock market is stopped by scandals about the big owners so people don't readily invest. Germany still collapses and hitler is elected , but the entente stops them exceeding the Versailles limits. Due to the other powers still being so strong hitler cannot foresee war and humbly steps down, the NSDAP collapses due to infighting and Germany is broken back up into northern German confederation, and that other place
>>
>>2071410

>it's fine if none of my outfit makes any sense because culture
>>
>>2070658
>Detroit, Green Bay and Vincennes not included
GTFO.
>>
>>2071475
I hope there's a reality where this happened.
I hope I can visit it one day.
>>
Under what conditions would it have been possible for Sub-Saharan Africans to dominate the world as the Europeans have?
>>
>>2071536
Nuclear holocaust of Europe, Asia, and the Americas
>>
>>2071000
>Canada/Britain vs USA
Very unrealistic, as they are natural allies. Why should Britain annex Panama when together it and the US could block its access for Germans? Britain as a bullied wimpy vassal state of Germany just doesn't make sense.

>all those Africans moving to the Colonial motherland
lel
>>
>>2071536

>lush continent
>resource rich
>the literal homeland of humanity so they had the longest period of existence undisturbed by long travel

harder conditions, doesn't seem like they had to adapt much
>>
>>2071075
Also, assuming everything was 'normal' up until 1909, Canada would sooner become independent and fall into the American sphere (under its own direction) than be a large, weak and porous punching bag for American aggression or some staging ground for British troops. Invasion and a puppet government (annexation?) in that scenario is just the very obvious outcome. Canadian politicians were smarter than fierce loyalty to Britain. That is, if push came to shove anyway.

It had become largely autonomous (a "Dominion", NOT a direct colony) from Britain in 1867.

Yes, I'm a LEAF. I know it's alternate history fun stuff here, but it really stretching the bounds of possibility too far.
>>
>>2071402
>China will move into British Indochina and the Raj and attempt to quickly secure strategic points such as Hanoi and Calcutta before the Indian army can mobilize.
So is China not communist then? The nationalists won the civil war? Also, would the Chinese not be caught up in another quarrel with the Japanese?

Personally I imagine Canada would be crushed and not putting up much resistance afterwards, China would be wrecked by the Japanese(Unless they had modernized by now), and France would barely hold on as they are attacked from almost all sides. The big thing though is Africa. That looks like a huge bulwark with human resources ready to be tapped. Nearly the entire continent is united in a single coalition. Getting troops around navally in the Indian Ocean is near impossible because of it. France's colonies which would be quickly destroyed under the might of the combined British-German colonial forces.

There'd be wave upon wave of rebellions in India as the Indian Independence Movement(Which presumably still exists in this timeline) picks up steam. Russia might also use its contingency plan from the Great Game. This plan was an attempt to try and raise a jihad against Britains rulers and recreate the Mughal Empire, though obviously more under their control. Central Asians tribes would be armed up and told to plunder whatever loot they could get in India. The problem with this is that by now, Hindu Nationalism was a thing so Hindus and Sikhs would go on the side of the British. So instead of recreating the Mughal Empire and going the Jihad route, I'd imagine Russia attempting a full-scale invasion of India with its southern troops. Russian spies in India would attempt to cause a mass nationwide rebellion against the British. Crackdown against this would lead to Gandhi and other member of the Indian National Congress to get killed, only stoking the rebellion even further.

I'm not too good with alt-history though, so I'm not sure about this.
>>
>>2071546
>as they are natural allies
Not really prior to ww2.
>Why should Britain annex Panama when together it and the US could block its access for Germans?
Because Britain is both intimidated and loyal to Germany, but pursues trade interests to benefit themselves using Germany's protection.

>Britain as a bullied wimpy vassal state of Germany just doesn't make sense.
They're not vassals, just the lesser partner in the alliance. Germany and its eastern puppets have complete dominance in Europe, as well as a strong navy that's slightly less powerful than Britain's, but a threat still.

> Canada would sooner become independent and fall into the American sphere (under its own direction) than be a large, weak and porous punching bag for American aggression or some staging ground for British troops
I'll admit I don't know much about Canadian politics, but here are some things

>I detailed a previous time, britain increases the loyalty of its dominions through allowing them to be more or less self governing, just with a common military and under one flag. This was also employed in parts of Africa to reduce revolts.

Anyways, Canada is basically in no position to say no to britain, as britain has a far larger military, as well as influence in their politics

The US in this universe is not as powerful IRL either, and the troop build up has existed in the past 3 years.
>>
>>2071536
Green sahara (this is more to prevent a giant barrier like the sahara desert from hindering trade/contact interlinks as it did in real history)
No slave trade (this would mean the Caliphate can't have formed)
Active mercantile trading empires beyond the coastal Swahili or West African kingdoms i.e Ghana, Mali, and Songhai
No cataracts in the Nile River (this would be huge for East Africa).
>>
>>2070369
>canada

lmao
>>
>>2071658
>>2071361
Hosers
>>
>>2071611
>So is China not communist then? The nationalists won the civil war?
Yes, though Tibet is under British protection (though only towards tibet, tibet doesn't have to follow them, And Mongolia is in Russia's influence.

>Personally I imagine Canada would be crushed and not putting up much resistance afterwards
Yes, it would, so the Anglo-German plan is to get troops to newfoundland after achieving naval superiority, then make plans to retake Canada, as well as fight a pacific war with the Americans. Though an actual invasion of the US will be very difficult for them, but combined British German numbers are about 40% larger than America's.

> China would be wrecked by the Japanese(Unless they had modernized by now)

They would, China recognizes this so is prepared to fight a guerilla war if Japan does join Britain and Germany, but they may swing either way. But most predict them to stay neutral.

>and France would barely hold on as they are attacked from almost all sides
Basically just Germany as Britain can't make a naval attack on France. The french Coast is well fortified. France plans to repeat ww1 and fight on defence, and attempt to win favour with North Italy and convince them to join.

France's population is now around 60 million at this point though, as there was a huge baby boom in the 40's from a strong economy, so fighting Germany is nowhere near as daunting as it was in ww1.

Yeah, Africa is more or less totally in Anglo-German hands.

>There'd be wave upon wave of rebellions in India as the Indian Independence Movement(Which presumably still exists in this timeline) picks up steam.

Basically all of your 2nd paragraph is what i imagined. It does, though Britain has fought guerilla wars in the past. Britain also composes the army from the far more loyal sikh community to help control hindus and Muslims. While the Raj is technically self governing, britain tries to make sure the politics are dominated by sikhs.
>>
>>2071625
Canada already WAS self-governing for 50 years by the time of your timeline. There were no British colonial troops in Canada from about 1830 on. Some officers, yes, but that's it. The British monarchy was only tolerated and feted as something to differentiate from the US. No actual power or influence. Only a small population has any 'true' loyalty, and this did not necessarily include all politicians. A 'homegrown' attitude was already quite strong by this point. You're also underestimating... the continent is fucking huge. By train in those days it would still over a weak to get to the west coast, and rail lines are easily sabotaged. By foot or horse, we're talking months even with no resistance or intervention, as their most likely would be.

The word 'quagmire' springs to mind. If anything, in this scenario the average Canadian is likely to welcome American troops with flowers and pancakes for liberating them.

>>2071611
Africa at the time had a low population, nearly no infrastructure, nearly no human development, and was quite ethnically fractious.

It's fascinating to see you guys assume that colonial subjects are just going to joyfully obey imperial German orders to be cannon fodder.
>>
>>2071828
Well, they can't exactly put up any resistance, and the UK holds more influence over them politically

so in short, who gives a shit.

>
The word 'quagmire' springs to mind. If anything, in this scenario the average Canadian is likely to welcome American troops with flowers and pancakes for liberating them.
The UK aren't the fucking USSR in this universe, no matter how oppressed you feel.

They're not paying taxes to britain or having british soldiers rape their wives.
>>
>>2071841
>the UK holds more influence over them politically
Why? How?

In short, completely unrealistic fantasy wankery..

Which might be fine if there was some believable element of events here.

>They're not paying taxes to britain or having british soldiers rape their wives.
Then why should they welcome hordes of aggressive and arrogant foreign troops and get to foot the bill? It wouldn't happen, m8.
>>
>>2071876
>Why? How?
Because Britain and Canada in this universe are still linked in the commonwealth, trade and history.

>Then why should they welcome hordes of aggressive and arrogant foreign troops and get to foot the bill? It wouldn't happen, m8.
You're not paying for shit. They're there for YOUR defence.

What's canada do? Riot their ally and trade partner has sent troops to defend them from a country hoping to invade them?

Canadian nationalism is the funniest thing ever
>>
>>2071828
>It's fascinating to see you assume that colonial subjects are just going to joyfully obey imperial German orders to be cannon fodder.

I never said that though, all I said is that Africa would be hard to invade and that colonial troops of British and Germany would crush French colonies. I actually do believe that there would be mutinies and rebellions.
>>
>>2071884
>nationalism is the funniest thing ever
This guy gets it.
>>
>>2070369
>Taipei
>>
File: what the fuck is this.jpg (2MB, 1956x3803px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck is this.jpg
2MB, 1956x3803px
>>2068856

Noted singer Jeff Mangum successfully perfects time travel and uses it to go back in time and rescue Anne Frank. Being a horny 14 year old stuck in attic and obsessed with celebrities, Anne gives in to Jeff's advances and statutory rape ensues.

Nine months later, Jeff has a very pregnant Anne waddle onto stag and give birth in front of the entire audience to the song Communist Daughter during a sold out Neutral Milk Hotel show in Atlanta, Georgia, revealing her existence to the world. The show receives critical acclaim as one of the best musical performances of all time.

The Anne Frank House in Amsterdam immediately capitalizes on this by getting her diary's copyright extended another 49 years on account of her still being alive and are able to keep milking money off the stupid goyim who keep buying the book, /mu/ experiences record traffic that destroys the servers. President Donald Trump bequeaths United States citizenship to Anne on top of Trump Tower, /pol/ rages to the point of being on actual suicide watch, and the Georgia State Legislature spends endless hours arguing over whether statutory rape where the victim is technically 40 years older than the perpetrator is a crime or no.
>>
>>2072956
>stag

Meant to say "the stage"
>>
File: World map copy 3.png (43KB, 1357x628px) Image search: [Google]
World map copy 3.png
43KB, 1357x628px
-Siege of Constantinople was successful.
-Franks got destroyed in 732
-Caliphate declares himself as new Roman emperor
-Elbe-Danube border established

Also Aztecs
>>
>>2068856
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9jJx0NSjw&t=803s
>>
File: 1480288128968.jpg (27KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
1480288128968.jpg
27KB, 300x347px
>>2070369
>stan
>>
File: BRAAAAAAAAAP.jpg (237KB, 1482x910px) Image search: [Google]
BRAAAAAAAAAP.jpg
237KB, 1482x910px
>>2070500
>>
>>2073060
accurate
>>
>>2073030
that makes me uncomfortable but I also really like it
>>
File: Lesotho1.jpg (444KB, 1346x1363px) Image search: [Google]
Lesotho1.jpg
444KB, 1346x1363px
>>2073052
>tfw no one notices the glorious empire of Lesotho
>>
>>2071536
Water currents develop differently so you can sail from golden horn to Columbia Brazil in a few years, this trading would mean they could put up a bigger fight, and the Spanish wouldn't dominate the Americas as quickly thus slowing down advancements in Spain slowing down industrialisation
>>2071546
America had plans in the 30's to wipe England out, consisted of occupying Canada and virus bombing England if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>2071533
If you want it so hard you should have become a physicist instead of a historian
>>
>>2073030
You forgot the Caliphate falls apart a century later when the same infighting that fractured the Abbasids takes place.
>>
File: 1358696940961.jpg (47KB, 519x449px) Image search: [Google]
1358696940961.jpg
47KB, 519x449px
>>2070369
>Federation of Independent Islands
>Gangland
>GRANDE Colombia
>New California
>Lakeland
>Shithole
>New Russia
>Taipei

I legit think I got brain cancer from these names
>>
>>2071884
I'm not saying this as some 'Canadian nationalist', I'm telling you your little fantasy world is overtly implausible.

What does Canada need from Britain? Shortbread cookies?

>You're not paying for shit. They're there for YOUR defence.
What you don't understand is that Canadians are far more likely to WANT to be an American puppet than a British puppet.
>>
>>2073814
>America had plans in the 30's to wipe England out, consisted of occupying Canada and virus bombing England if I'm not mistaken
This is the kind of thing military planners do just for fun, 'what if' scenarios, contingency plans. It's how senior officers earn brownie points in military colleges. It was never a serious 'actual' plan.
>>
Would it have been possible for the few Bulgars who migrated to Italy to survive as an ethnic group? There were 700 by the time they arrived, when originally there were 9000. If the Bulgars hadnt trusted the Bavarians and just migrated to Italy without trying to go into Bavaria, meaning they kept the original 9000, would they survive as an ethnic group? Could they rise into a position of power?
>>
>>2068856

Imagine what would have happened if Athens one the war and Pericles lived. He would have led the new frontier on an Athenian empire ten times greater than Rome ever was. The world was robbed of brilliance when the plague killed Pericles
>>
>>2068856
After the Eugenics Wars of the 1990s a group of genetically altered humans, ruthless dictators and rulers in their time, escape earth for the safety of space and go into hypersleep, waiting...
>>
File: blond viking.gif (51KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
blond viking.gif
51KB, 90x90px
>>2073030
>Muslims colonize the world
>eventually become liberalized
>get blamed for all evils in history but the evils of others are ignored
>refugee crisis happens in Scandinavia
>muscular blond men rape brown women while cucked Arabs don't do anything to avoid being labeled "paganphobic" and "racist."
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ich_werde_hier_sein_im_Sonnenschein_und_im_Schatten

> The novel presents an alternate history of Switzerland in which Lenin did not leave Switzerland for Russia in 1917 to bring about the Russian Revolution. Instead, Lenin's revolution took place in Switzerland, transforming it into the Swiss Socialist Republic, a Communist state engaged in the colonisation of Africa and in perpetual war with other totalitarian empires, notably with a federation of British and German fascists. The plot of the novel, set in around 2010, traces a black Swiss political commissar's journey to the heart of the empire, the gigantic alpine Reduit, where he is to arrest Brazhinsky, an enemy of the state.
>The novel has been translated into Russian, Croatian, Swedish, Polish, Bulgarian, Korean, French, Norwegian and Dutch.
>>
File: One Struggle.jpg (56KB, 688x560px) Image search: [Google]
One Struggle.jpg
56KB, 688x560px
>>2068856
Nazi Germany doesn't invade Poland and focuses on proxy wars in the Islamic world.

Many Muslims see Hitler as a great man, imagine if Hitler focused heavily on Muslims rising up and fighting for him.

Albert Speer even wrote in his memoir "Inside the Third Reich" that Hitler saw Christianity was spineless and Islam as a religion of men more suitable for the German temperament.

Hitler eventually does start WW2 but there are huge Muslim uprisings against the British, French, and Soviets.

Hitler wins and slowly implements the Islamic religion in Europe, Africa, West Asia, and South America.

American Nazi sympathizers convert to Islam en mass and Malcolm X just becomes an atheist.
>>
>>2071000
This is so wrong in so many ways I'm not sure where to begin.
>>
File: Warsaw Pact Red Europa.jpg (643KB, 1764x1175px) Image search: [Google]
Warsaw Pact Red Europa.jpg
643KB, 1764x1175px
>>2068856
Leon Trosovsky declare war the Axis and conquered most of them pic related.

Now August 14 1947 and WW3 is about to begin.
>>
>>2075788
>not sure where to begin
Make a video then.
>>
>>2075627
> paganphobic
I'm gonna use that word from now on
>>
>>2075788
Yep. The OP is an autist with no understanding of how people work. Even if fantasy, it should be half-believable...
>>
>>2068856
Buddhism has it more successful in spreading itself toward west and becomes a majority religion of Persia despite a lot of pressure from Zoroastrian clerics.

Buddhism eventually reaches Roman Empire and becomes popular there as well and magically making Christianity and Islam not a thing
>>
>>2076169
omg
>>
>>2075788
please, do tell
>>
>>2073857
>Did you not notice Stan and Manchuria+++?
>>
>>2071102
It would have changed plenty.
>>
>>2076328
>>2073857
>didn't notice the Union of the Dick, Pubes, and Balls or the Glorious Empire of Lesotho
>>
>>2071097
>People still defending aztecs
Inbeyahata
>>
>>2076978
They were no worse than Rome honestly
>>
File: 1459480833075s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1459480833075s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>2076981
>tfw now the aztecs are the "victim"
>>
File: Estados Unidos Mexicanos.png (1MB, 5817x2924px) Image search: [Google]
Estados Unidos Mexicanos.png
1MB, 5817x2924px
Mexico real size
>>
>>2070369
>texas being absorbed by Commiefornia
I'd rather die

also
>Union of dick, pubes, and balls
lel
>>
File: Mckinley.jpg (91KB, 800x953px) Image search: [Google]
Mckinley.jpg
91KB, 800x953px
>>2068856
Here's some Alternative /sp/ History.

In 1901, President William McKinley ended up running late to a speaking engagement at the Pan-American Exposition and decided to cancel at the last minute. Thus, McKinley avoided being assassinated.

Fast-forward to 1905, where the sport of American football came under fire for causing 20 deaths and hundreds of injuries due to its incredibly physical nature. McKinley was not much of an athlete and was more focused on economic issues at the time, decided to outlaw the game to prevent more senseless deaths.

In the short term, Americans were unhappy with the decision. Football was just becoming a popular sport among the citizens and was a big attraction at college campuses.

As a result, other sports attempted to fill the void. Baseball would still become the nations past time, but With no football to play, many poor american children turned to the sport of association football, or soccer, because it was cheap. it only required a ball.

In 1907, a young track star at The Carlisle Indian Industrial school by the name of Jim Thorpe was recruited to join the school's soccer club. He quickly proved to be a natural at the sport, due to his incredible athleticism. by the mid 1910's, he gained national recognition and popularity for his aptitude in Soccer and Track and Field. He would go on to win 2 track and field gold medals in the 1912 Olympics.

In 1913, the United States Soccer Federation is founded and gets off to a good start, earning membership into FIFA within a few years. Thorpe would ascend to stardom, playing for a number of clubs, in the early years of American professional soccer. Thorpe would return to the Olympics in 1920, guiding the US men's soccer team to a gold medal in the first Olympic soccer tournament. They would then repeat the act in 1924. Cementing Soccer as one of America's most popular sports.

In 1934, the US men's team would win the World Cup after coming in 2nd place 4 years earlier.
>>
>>2070407
>wild wild west
>Rocketeer
>steamboy

Que?
>>
>>2077100
lel. They never had northeast part of the continent, and even Colorado was no more than a claim. They made treaties to formally abandon claims to west coast Canada with Britain.
>>
>>2070407
Literally 90% of this is absolute dogshit from historical standpoint and most of it is dogshit even as movies.

>that CSA movie
I'm not a Cuckfederate fanboy but that fucking liberal demagoguery horseshit is by far the worst film I've ever seen, it literally insults my intelligence.
>>
>>2070500
>>2070529
>>2070547
I always imagined an alternate history scenario where Napoleon flees to the United States and is granted asylum on the condition that he leads an army to take over Canada for the United States in a resumption of the War of 1812. In gratitude, the United States offers him rulership over Quebec following the war's success.
>>
>>2070369
>That South America
Why do you even try?
>>
>Vinland
>New France
>USA from Virginia to New England
>CSA along the southern coast
>Large Texas
>Aztlan
>Large Cali
>Cascadia

r8 nations
>>
>>2070369
Can everyone just agree to stop joining Scotland and the two Ireland's into one country in these maps?
>>
>>2078011
I like this.
>>
>>2079055
I could go a little further too.

Since soccer now has an established organization, hierarchy, and committed fanbase heading into the 1930's, it not only survives the Great Depression, it thrives in it.

When World War II breaks out, the allied troops find common ground and bond over the sport. Many American and British soccer stars would meet and hold impromptu matches on the battlefield that became the stuff of legends.

Starting in the early 50's, with the rise of the Cold War, the USSR didn't want to feel left out. They wanted their corresponding sports teams to dominate in international play. Seeing as the West had been somewhat unified in the world of association football, Stalin began pouring large amounts of capital into the Soviet soccer program.

by 1960, half a dozen state of the art indoor soccer stadiums had been constructed in the Soviet union, and a Unified Soviet league had gained admission to FIFA.

The 1960's/70's Soviet soccer team was utterly dominant. Beating Brazil and the British in the 1962 and 1966 World Cups. Brazil would get revenge on the USSR in 1970, and the British would bounce back an win it in 1974.

In the 1980 Moscow Olympics, the Soviet team was the favorite by a mile, where as the American team was a work in progress. While the rebranded Major League Soccer had quite a bit of success in the US, rivaling only the British and Soviet leagues in quality and revenue, The US team hadn't won a World Cup since 1958 against Brazil and hadn't won a gold medal in the sport since Jim Thorpe's team in 1934. The US men's team went on a tear, making it all the way to the final where they would face the red menace.

A rag tag group of young and untrained American players took on an experienced and decorated Soviet men's team. The American's managed to due the impossible and best the USSR in what would be known as the "Miracle on grass."
>>
>>2078285
Boredom mainly
>>
>>2078292
>Aztlan
Please leave.
>>
>>2078301
But muh Robert the Bruce ambitions
>>
>>2071000
How do you feel about Kaiserreich?
>>
>>2071102
Joke post?
>>
>>2070407
>was shakespeare a fraud

when will the upper classes get over shakespeare?
>>
>>2071536
No Sahara aridification, connecting SSA people more directly to the Mediterranean-Mesopotamian network of exchange
>>
>>2070407
>Pacific War
>Confederate leaders assume that the C.S.A. will easily win the war, judging the Japanese as small and weak in physical stature, as well as not being white, but—just like their campaign in South America—the Japanese proved to be an intense challenge to defeat.

holy kek are liberals really this stupid?

>During the war, the C.S.A. military suffers massive losses and tries to solve its manpower shortages by recruiting a black regiment by promising slaves their freedom if they would fight (which is later revealed to be a lie with no explanation). This regiment receives the most dangerous missions and suffers high casualties, but earns the respect of white officers.

WE

>Canada also continuously defeats the C.S.A. in the Olympic Games, which brought the Confederate congress to include slaves in sports, forming their very first Confederate States Football League championship games.

Ok so this whole thing is leaf shitposting
>>
Rosa succeeds. Germany becomes a socialist republic under Karl Liebknecht, and the leader of the new socialist sphere. Socialism is imposed on Poland, but Poland retains its independence.

France invades Germany in the 1920s but fails, in an unpopular war that leads to major civic unrest and a reorganization of the government. Britain refuses to assist in another land war. Alsace-Lorraine reverts to German control. France is now a "sick man of Europe" comparable to Weimar Germany.

Due to German diplomatic influence, Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxemburg become socialist states. Hungary remains a Soviet Republic, staving off the Romanian invasion due to German assistance.

Tensions grow between Germany and Russia, causing Russia to turn to Britain and America as economic partners. Russian attempts to build socialism in China are crushed by Chiang Kai-Shek in the 1930s. China remains capitalist.

Japan continues to be a rising power in Asia, seeking a relationship with France to preserve their Indochinese colonies and occupying Indonesian islands made independent by the anti-imperialist communist government of the Netherlands.

The result is a tripolar world split between the US-Britain-Russia, the French-Japanese bloc, and the German socialist bloc.
>>
>>2070658
>Topkeka
>>
File: screenshot_00016.jpg (136KB, 709x729px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_00016.jpg
136KB, 709x729px
>>2075627
look at these helpless children and women, they need our money and free housing, stop oppressing them you shitlord
>>
>>2073030
>muzzies rule the world, aztecs keep america

sounds like literal hell. you have to be an anti-christ fetishist to get off to that
>>
>>2073030
How does Muslim Britain happen? What does a European Islam look like?

What happens to Christians? How is the Catholic-Orthodox divide addressed? Is there a reformation?
>>
>>2068856
this image will never not be funny
>>
>>2080913
I think if the CSA had succesfuly defended their seccession attempt, that they would have developed more along the lines of lines of Latin American 'strongman' society. Perhaps slightly more democratic, as a kind of transition zone between two different spheres. Latin American slave states also had their own creole (simply meaning native-born Euros, not mixed mutts) leader class, and I think the establishments would have found a lot of similarities in each other.

>>2080972
Rosa would simply never have brought all of Germany under a communist government, even if she WAS a different breed of non-Russian, non-Stalinist commie. At best, you'd have a prolonged actual civil war. German conservative Christians (Catholics and Prods) were simply too numerous and too entrenched for the commies to win -- that's why they lost and Rosa was raped, shot and dumped in a canal.
>>
The Ottoman Empire doesn't fall, and we now live in an era of peace.
>>
File: eu4 2016-11-21 16-17-33-35.jpg (197KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
eu4 2016-11-21 16-17-33-35.jpg
197KB, 1600x900px
>>2070500
Sorta reminds me of this EU4 mod called Third Odyssey, where right before the fall of Byzantium, all my citizens and nobility gathered all the supplies and just sailed west, eventually landing on the east coast of America. After building my country back up, I invaded North Africa and slowly worked my way back towards Byzantium (though I ended up getting an event letting me release that land as a march called Constantinia, so I did that).
>>
>>2082277
The Byzantine Empire doesn't fall, and we now live in an era of peace with Constantinople still standing.
>>
>>2082430
Byzieboo, please.
>>
>>2077004
>tfw still justifying ""Spanish"" conquest
>>
File: 1473467309116.jpg (4MB, 10000x9152px) Image search: [Google]
1473467309116.jpg
4MB, 10000x9152px
>>2082607
>justifying historical events
>>
>>2070369
>Grande Colombia

It would be Gran Colombia you swine
>>
Great an alternative history thread! I had a question that didn't deserve it's own thread.

Ferninand Foch said, "This is not a peace. It is an armistice for twenty years" on the Treaty of Versailles.

I have a couple of questions involving this quote.

>1. So let's assume it's a myth or propaganda that the terms were too harsh on Germany. Let's say that they got off with a slap on the wrist. What could have conceivably been done to make Germany didn't rise again in 20 years?

>2. Was there anyway to actually push Germany back and defeat them to the point where they would not recover so easily? The European allies were pretty much exhausted and couldn't do it. Germany couldn't really push either. The US had the freshest troops and were really the only ones that could have pushed Germany back. However, they were late entering the war and didn't really know what they were doing. Could Germany have been pushed back to accept a total defeat?
>>
>>2082648
This should say
What could have conceivably been done to make sure Germany didn't rise again in 20 years?

And the 2nd question is more about just flat out defeating them to the point of not left standing so strong.

Sorry for the confusion
>>
>>2082627
p-pero es GRANDE
>>
>>2068856
Nikola Tesla doesn't die impoverished, instead he befriends a sickly nobleman and inherits an enormous fortune. He then purchases a country for himself and uses his genius to rhishis European fiefdom while still being a prolific tinkerer on the side.

What happens /his/?
>>
>>2082878
>I don't care that the people who stole my ideas did it, they didn't have any of their own
>Guy who stole his ideas is possibly the only superior inventor at the time and unquestionably had the biggest impact on everyday life of any inventor in history.
topkek
>>
>>2082648
>What could have conceivably been done to make Germany didn't rise again in 20 years?
if someone in the halls of the federal reserve said "hey, remember the 1907 recession, we should like provide a line of credit for businesses facing bankruptcy which was the general idea behind this whole thing"

no great depression, no uncle Adolf, the Weimar republic would keep Germany milquetoast and self-absorbed, The Soviet Union wouldn't expand into Eastern Europe, Japan would have to cave to the US oil embargo, nationalist China would be open to the global economy and China would develop instead of enduring Mao's shenanigans, decolonization would go smoother without tons of ak47s and guerillas, Russia would get bored of communism by the 70s
>>
>>2082894
>Guy who stole his ideas
Lots of people stole his ideas. Hell Marconi actually infringed on Nikola's patents.
>>
>>2082916
Yeah but the big one who he's referring to is Edison who is responsible for much of the modernization of the first world home in that era.
>>
>>2082921
>>2082894

Stop replying to posts and ignoring the post you fucking retard. You fuckers should be banned on sight.
>>
>>2082952
He gets taken over by Austria-Hungary. Serbs have even more reason to kill Archduke Franz Ferdinand. He still dies a virgin. There, happy?
>>
>>2082976
Happier, yes. Of course one has to wonder why a smart man would purchase a country where said country would be vulnerable. Instead of buying an island somewhere.
>>
>>2070407
>Anonymous
>Alternative History
>>
>>2082989
It doesn't matter, Austria Hungary sails out of their way to fuck with him.
>>
>>2070369
>WWIII
>III
That isn't alternative history, that scenario would take place in the future so it's just plain old regular fiction.
>>
>>2083024
I'm going to nut inside your mom, you fucking party pooper.
>>
File: image.png (814KB, 1167x952px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
814KB, 1167x952px
France won the Napoleonic Wars.
>>
>>2083096
Pretty nice actually
>>
>>2083022
>Austria Hungary sails

I'm not aware of any particular hatred the Austrians had for him.
>>
>>2083096
There's already one for that.

Pic related

Britannia is the continuation of the british royal family in North America.
>>
File: fe7fca3552c1ff53e0d3e2d4be586a2f.jpg (487KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fe7fca3552c1ff53e0d3e2d4be586a2f.jpg
487KB, 1280x720px
>>2083119
Forgot pic
>>
>>2082878
When Tesla was young he escaped the draft by going out in the woods and living off the land, he said he greatly enjoyed it. I would wager this experience did much to reinforce his individualism and lack of responsibility he felt towards his fellow man.

If instead he had been drafted with his intelligence recognized enough to put him in a position of authority, even a minor one, I could see him being a good leader. Otherwise he'd likely dick around and neglect governing his nation to make some kind of electric anal lamp or something.

Lets assume that did happen and he wasn't a self absorbed idealist inventor. He instead felt beholden to his fellow man and responsible for creating a place for them. As you previously pointed out he wouldn't get a place near imperialist nations that would stab him in the back, but at the same time exotic locales would be off the table, they'd be too foreign and his ability to lead a completely alien people would be questioned by him or his colleagues in this venture. So at the very least have to be European or within the European cultural sphere, alternatively it could be some empty backwater like Alaska or Siberia. And unless we're talking one hell of a fortune the land itself would need to have little immediate apparent value so that would actually rule out Alaska. Also he would likely deal with a monarchist or otherwise authoritarian regime as they would be more likely to engage in such a deal than a republic or democracy of some kind that might have rules and regulations concerning the government just ceding territory for money. Also for the stories sake it should deal with a younger more energetic Tesla so it should occur between 1880-1900.

So he buys an isolated territory of little immediate economic importance that's within traditional European ("western") sphere of cultural influence or otherwise relatively or completely unpopulated and currently owned by some sort of authoritarian regime.

That's a tough one.
>>
>>2083327
Iceland
>>
>>2083335
By the 1880s Iceland had limited home rule and I assume that included a caveat or two about getting sold to eccentric Serb billionaires.
>>
>>2083327
>So he buys an isolated territory of little immediate economic importance that's within traditional European ("western") sphere of cultural influence or otherwise relatively or completely unpopulated and currently owned by some sort of authoritarian regime.
AND while the land might not have much immediate value it should have some potential value a genius inventor might notice.
>>
>>2083348
Maybe he makes a deal with the Icelandic government - he turns the famously volcanic island into a massive geothermal energy plant and it becomes super fucking rich off energy exports. In the process Tesla gains a huge amount of power, until he's the de facto most influential man in the place.
>>
>>2083366
>off energy exports
How? He was wrong about wireless energy transmission in everything except general concept. Modern energy exportation relies on shared grids, connecting iceland to the US and Europe in the late 1880s seems like a daunting task...assuming such a deal with the Icelandic government were even possible which I don't think it is.
>>
>>2083327
baja california
>>
>>2083327
Tasmania
>>
>>2083389
Mexico at that time was a republic and after the mex-American war not big on selling any land to anyone.

>>2083396
That's actually not bad
>>
>>2070500
Louisiane is féminine, it's a région, So it's la grande Louisiane.
>>
>>2083327
You're forgetting something

What good is a story without conflict?

Sure tesla could build some tiny utopia in some secluded corner of the world and drive it to be some techie switzerland

Is that a fun story tho? pfft, fuck no

He should get land somewhere that would bring it and him into believable organic conflict later on
>>
>>2083461
Fair point. Maybe somewhere that would or could have been done by the government at that specific point but would have garnered outrage by the general populace. However the government still recovering from whatever it was that put them in the position of selling off territory to begin with would not be capable of rectifying its mistake in the aftermath. This would have made that nation a future but not immediate threat.
>>
>>2083501
And figuring all that shit out is what will make it alt history instead of wish fulfillment fantasy
>>
>>2070407
>Jin-Roh
>No mention of The Red Spectacles or Stray Dog:Kerberos Panzer Cops
>No Amerika
A good threadly reminder that /his/ is just as pleb ridden as /tv/.
>>
Skanderbeg becomes the biggest thorn in the side for the Ottomans as Austria eyes up basically free slavic lands to the south. On behest of some nipple twisting the pope calls a "Final Crusade" on the ottomans witht the goal of liberating and stealing all orthodox christian lands.

Skanderbeg is manipulated and leads the charge as Austria, Hungary, and Italian city states wreck shit and sack everything up to constantinople.

Then they sack constantinople and the pope crowns a young Hapsburg as the new King of Greece. Skanderbeg becomes the king of Albania, Macedonia, and Bulgaria while the hungarians and austrians eat the rest.

This splitting of the house Hapsburg was considered a power play but fell apart as the now hellenized Hapsburkos in greece become a forerunner of the protestant reformation, making a strange pseudo greek orthodox protestantism that plunges the balkans into hilarious amounts of bloodshed as the HRE is basically up in flames, worse so than it was before.

It only ends as the balkans are united under one Hapsburg monarch and the Austrian Hapsburgs take control of Bohemia, Hungary, Croatia, Venice, Switzerland and Slovenia.

By this time the now defunct Byzantine emperor, the great grandson of the last to rule in constantinople hands the crown to Muscovy in mairrage. And Muscovy proclaims they are the one true rome.

This leads to the now Balkan and Austrian empires deciding that the russians are scarier than anything else at the moment and the whole of europe is dragged into war.

How would this change things?
>>
>>2071536
Sub-Saharan Africa would have to be populated entirely by white people
>>
>>2081460
Skeptical. Bavaria, possibly the most heavily Catholic region of Germany, was where the revolution was most successful.
>>
File: Pet Project.png (711KB, 5616x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Pet Project.png
711KB, 5616x2160px
Work in progress, thoughts?
>>
>>2082655
>>2082648
Germany was frankly destined to be a large regional hegemon, as it is today (albeit in a 'soft' Eurocrat/economic clout kinda way). Large population, rapid and profitable industrialization, and (at the time) at the forefront of science (chemistry, physics, medicine).

So the question:
>What could have conceivably been done to make sure Germany didn't rise again in 20 years?
Nothing, nothing could have been done. And it shouldn't have been artificially prevented, because that's exactly what produces chauvinist nationalists and irredentists and so on. Whinging about being kept down and away from 'greatness' by conspiring foreign powers was frankly kinda true.

Of course, we can see now how France, UK, Italy, Russia and Austria-Hungary would not want a behemoth smack dab in the middle of them. But you can't push a plump kicking screaming baby back up into a womb.

The world was not ready for this kind of thinking post-WW1. Chauvinist imperialist thinking was only just beginning to become unravelled, but still prevailed in political arenas.

The Allies got it more or less right after the WW2, giving the Germans a seat at the big boy table, albeit a naughty boy with a sore bottom who was still grounded for the next 50 years, and he was still kinda forced to be Meat Shield #1 in case Uncle Boris, the madman, did finally burn the whole house down.
>>
>>2080808
Robert the Bruce can fuck off.
>>
>Ögedei Khan decides to take the drinking easy
>exterminate Islam
>All of Europe brought to its knees included France and Britian
>Constantinople falls
>Empire dissolves
>Constantinople is Christian again
>Roman Empire comes back
>no muslims
>Chinese Gold floods Europe
>Golden Age
>we reach 21st century 200 years earlier
>alternative timeline me finishes story to fuck Mongolian Robot girl on Zoids still horseback doggy style
>feelsgoodman
>>
File: Tecumseh's_War.png (322KB, 822x840px) Image search: [Google]
Tecumseh's_War.png
322KB, 822x840px
>>2078260
The US was broke as fuck after the War of 1812. Besides, it was an unpopular war that achieved nothing, and very nearly wasn't declared in the first place. The thought of young America igniting an even larger-scale resumption of hostilities is laughable.

Plus
>Grizzled and winter-hardened French back-country peasants, lumberjacks, farmers and fisherman who were pretty devout Catholics accepting as ruler an effete dandy warmonger from some Italian island
lel

>>2070547
>>2070500
Louisiana territory was very sparsely inhabited. New Orleans was the only real centre of population, and it was already quite ethnically mixed. Quebec and 'Louisiana' were separated into distinct colonial entities. But, fur-trading posts and forts were largely populated by French-Canadians and their Métis offspring.

Actually, the relatively few French there were had relatively good relations with many native groups (and some terrible relations with others).

To wit, your little scenario completely ignores the native/indian population that predominated in all [mid-]'western' regions. They would have to be considered as primary state-makers at the time.

If you don't know who Tecumseh is, look him up. What COULD have been quite possible was a French-sponsored and French-protected Indian state as a buffer against Anglo-American encroachment.
>>
>>2083875
The meme is from /tv/, not /his/.

>>2084680
>Apolitical Savages
The beige and white 'legends' and colours are both really fucking retarded and lazy.

>'Vinland' somehow separate from fantasy USA

Sorry, it's just another armchair geographer autismo colouring book challenge at the moment.
>>
>>2084541
>where the revolution was most successful.
No, it wasn't. It was literally only in worker districts in Munich.
>>
>>2085126
>Constantinople christian again
You do realize that Ogedai was around like 250 years before Constantinople fell right? Other than that little hiccup, not a bad scenario
>>
>>2068856
I've been thinking about this thing since yesterday. It's future history but fuck it.
>2050 world

2010s:
>Trump expands the army, sanctions lifted from Russia (the economy unJUSTs itself, new military projects), despite international protests
>Russia sets permanent base in Syria
>the UK doesn't leave the EU, major protests etc.
>ISIS is defeated, goes underground, but this time lead by a unknown superleader that makes an efficient organisation, starts major bombing campaign in Europe and the US
>kurds get a state
>Nigeria gets its shit together and defeats the northern rebels, the french wipe out the tuareg rebels.

2024:
>ISIS steals several tactical nukes and MRBMs after infiltrating the pakistani strategic forces
>fires several at israel from Iranian territory to start a nuclear exchange. Several intercepted by the Iron dome but one passes and hits a rural town with ~10,000 killed
>Israelis and iranians launch for real
>all ~100 ICBMs/MRBMs/SRBMs intecepted by brand new S-600 from the russian bases in syria and SM-4 from destroyers in the gulf and with 100% success rate. The EU and China flip their shit as nukes are rendered nearly useless.

Late 2020s to 2040s
>Major paradigm shift in international relations. Democrats regain the white house
>The EU becomes homogenized enough and federalises, taking in everyone except Switzerland, which continues to be a neutral ground for diplomatic treaties etc.
>The CIS federalises, taking in the Ukraine. China counteracts by creating the Central Asian Federation.
>With globalism reaching escape velocities, the US and canada form the United States of North America-USNA, with Mexico beginning an integration process.
>Having overtaken the USNA militarily and economically by the late 2030s, China swallows most south east asian states into the Asiatic Commonwealth
>in 2039, compact fusion becomes feasable and most major powers begin implementing it in almost everything. Oil prices collapse in the next several years
>>
File: CM-2050.png (225KB, 4972x2517px) Image search: [Google]
CM-2050.png
225KB, 4972x2517px
>>2085781
>>2085781
>cont.

Late 2020s to 2040s
>Saudis collapse into a civil war with various princes fighting for what's left of the oil wealth. Widespread PMC presence.
>By 2045 the DPRK also collapses into a Chinese and South Korean-sponsored civil war.
>After a wave of several socialist governments in south america, the South American Federation inherits MERCOSUR members and by 2050 includes almost the whole continent
>Angola and Uganda invade the Congo to get the resources
>Shias in Iraq revolt and are annexed by Iran
>The Philippines, Indonesia and Australia turn into a economic battlefield between the USNA and the Asiatic Commonwealth
>Most of north africa and the atlantic africa federalise under Algeria and Nigeria.
>>
File: 1481386519648.gif (102KB, 241x268px) Image search: [Google]
1481386519648.gif
102KB, 241x268px
>>2071507
it's normal Indian clothes with a British coat over makes perfect sense
>>
>>2078260
>Napoleon leads expedition into Canada
>Once again is unprepared for the winter
>Kek
>>
>>2070972
Link?
>>
>>2070369
>stan

top kek
>>
File: persia.jpg (45KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
persia.jpg
45KB, 700x400px
>>
>>2087710
is that like if Iran was never muslim but the monarchy was still removed?
>>
i have been thinking of some unique but semi-realistic scenarios for a while now and one of my favorites is
>!950's japan has a successful communist revolution
>communists win korean war
>asian communist bloc is established
and so on and so forth
>>
File: Map.jpg (316KB, 1204x650px) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
316KB, 1204x650px
>>
>>2088662
>Putting your clay gainz on a flag
A bit distasteful isn't it?
>>
File: Map.png (22KB, 1204x650px) Image search: [Google]
Map.png
22KB, 1204x650px
>>2088855
Personally, I think that it is more visually interesting then the (attached) alternative.
>>
>>2088662
>even nippon doesn't wanat to conquer the poo in loos
Sad!
>>
>>2085781
>>2085832
As always, might be fun to masturbate to some of these ideas, but totally implausible on a number of grounds, not the least being the naive randomness of selections.

Super-states are not going to happen. Puppet states are convenient buffer zones. Globalization is largely a corporate force, and your mistake is essentially to imagine state actors remain strong, while they are currently already undermined as fuck. We're far more like to see the Goldman-Sachs Microsoft-Coke Union of Northern ExxonLand™ than the USNA. The People's Republic of Huewei-Lenovo-Sony™ Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere, rather than some beefed up gookland.

CIS only exists as a puppet agency for Russia. Ukraine is not going to join, like, ever. Maybe a a Russophile rump Ukraine after a few decades of festering Russian interference, otherwise nah.

No country in SEAsia would ever join a union with China where they would most certainly be inferior junior partners.
>>
>>2089678
>Super-states are not going to happen
The whole timeline kind of lies on the assumption that with every successive generation in the developed world being less and less natinolistic, we'll see western democratic nationstates get replaced by superstates founded on common social and economic goals. Also second world states like China, Brazil, Eastern Europe shitholes, Russia and some SEasian countries are turning first world by 2040.

>Ukraine is not going to join
>join
Ukraine is basically russian Novororussia+ occupied "core" Ukraine under russian economic ownership. Also I'm sure that by 2040 the whole crimea thing would've passed.

>No country in SEAsia would ever join a union with China where they would most certainly be inferior junior partners.
They didn't really joined, but were swallowed, kind of like a corporate hostile takeover. Considering the overwhelming economic prowess China would have by the 2040s.
>>
>>2081013
Sounds like paradise, healthy diet, clean lifestyle of the Aztecs, comfy philosophy.
>>
>>2090467
>first world
>second world
These do not mean what you think they mean.

You really underestimate how strongly hohols don't want to be Russia.

The main thing is China. China is already stagnating. The growth of a middle class leads to people who are not as easily satisfied by a hot bowl of noodles, punching holes in sheetmetal for 50 years and a police boot up their ass on the weekends. No one wants their kids or grandkids to work in a factory (except plebs in the rust belt, apparently). And believe it or not, China is running low on semi-illiterate countryside peasants happy to slave away in sweatshops. These new middle classes will want more freedom. Maybe not exactly western-style democracy, but it will mean Chinese authorities will need to spend more on genuinely appeasing their citizens. I don't see the '""""""Communist"""""" Party disappearing anytime soon, and you can be sure they'll be ready to crack skulls if anyone opposes their """harmony""". Just look at Hong Kong. Even if SEAsia states are corrupt, they are far more open than China, and the thought of them accepting Chinese (who they fucking hate) authoritarian overlordship is laughable.

Not to mention the coming demographic crunch (thanks to one child policy and a gajillion abortions of female infants). There are an estimated 20-30 million 'extra' males who are basically destined to be foreveralones. Also all the sets of 4 grandparents who now will have to hope that their one 'collective' grandchild will spare them a few pennies in their old age.

Then there's the creeping desertification of China's west...
>>
File: 10.jpg (2MB, 2000x1288px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
2MB, 2000x1288px
>>2087683
It's an indy comic I'm doing by myself, It's not a webcomic it's in print but I'm making digital pdf copies to be sold soon.
>>
File: AskYourFriendsIndia.jpg (109KB, 774x1038px) Image search: [Google]
AskYourFriendsIndia.jpg
109KB, 774x1038px
>>2089302
Well if Japan is able to do that well I'd expect the Indian National Army to grow large enough support for India to rebel from British rule. I'd then expect India to immediately splinter into rival states as all hell breaks loose about who gets to rule who. Indian nationalism was a thing by now, but I don't think its strong enough the handle what happens after a sudden and immediate removal of foreign rulers that's even faster than the OTL partition.

It might be an ideological battleground during the rest of the 20th century. Japan would have a huge influence over these states and many would more or less be puppets during this time period. By the 21st century the nations of India would be in an EU like group, dominated by countries like Punjab, and Hyderabad. Certain nations would be much better off than India is right now while others would be even more down the shitter. This part kinda depends on the green revolution still happening though.
>>
>>2078011
>>2080771
Fantastic
>>
well
>>
I don't have many, but, in my recent Crusader Kings 2 campaign, Charlemagne became a Lollard after disagreements with Pope, and so the Norse/Saxons took over western Europe, and kicked Finland (me) out of Scandinavia to become Russia. Islam took over the Byzantines and held onto Iberia, but the Crusaders won back Greece, and converted the Khazars as well and Ruthenians.
And Genghis Khan just spawned then became Catholic and I am scared for Suomenusko, but, hopefully, he'll lead the next Crusade against the Saxons.
>>
>>2093604
That's pretty disgusting
>>
File: Banu Tamim.png (848KB, 675x675px) Image search: [Google]
Banu Tamim.png
848KB, 675x675px
>>2093876
Not as disgusting as Jihad that fucked up Sweden forever in my mega campaign.
>>
>>2088662
"no"
>>
>>2071536
More struggle against nature, forcing adaptation and selection for long-term thinking, like with cold winters in Europe. Widespread adaption of ploughs. Tighter connections to the Mediterranean culturally and economically. Tighter internal connections between ethnicities, possibly as a result of a large empire's conquests.
>>
>>2093895
It's like poetry
>>
File: 20161215163148_1.jpg (483KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20161215163148_1.jpg
483KB, 1600x900px
>>2093876
It's really fucking disgusting
>>
File: 20161215163202_1.jpg (504KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20161215163202_1.jpg
504KB, 1600x900px
>>2096308
The Norse are disgusting savages with no respect for beautiful borders
>>
>>2090757
Well keep us posted when you finish it, it looks cool.
>>
>>2073030
That's gay. Mudslimes get ooot
>>
>>2070369
Iran and France were perfect to begin with?
>>
>Dec 7. 1941: US declares war on Japan
>Dec 16 1941: President Roosevelt assures Americans it will not get involved in "unrelated European struggles"
>July 1944: British invasion of Normandy fails after strategic Emu SS unit Destroys Australian flanks at Manitoba Beach and crush the British invasion
>October 1944: US sends Naval ships to "Maintain trade and American interests in the British Channel"
>December 1944: The United States launches its invasion of Japan
>January 1945: Soviet Union completes first nuclear test in Kazakhstan region
>July 1945: Tokyo is liberated by the Americans, Japan unified under American puppet rule.
>August 1945: After Careful deliberation Joseph Stalin chooses to launch a nuclear strike on Munich
>August-September 1945: Soviet Troops discover barren death camps with no survivors the Holocaust ended up killing 9 million Jews, 8 Million Roma, 3 million Priests, Communists and Liberals and 4 Million Poles
>October 1945: The Soviet Union marches on Berlin, Adolph Hitler is captured and the Nazi Party is put on trial and all members of the Nazi Party are executed.
>January 1946: Soviet Troops invade Spain to oust Franco and create a Soviet Puppet state under the rule of Jules Humbert-Droz
>July 1946: After a Soviet Sponsored Marxist uprising in London PM Churchill calls for American troops to be stationed in the British Channel, strict measures are taken to curb potential dissent
>April 1948: The Republic of China backed by the United States military crush the Communist rebellion
>January 1950: Joseph Tito dies under mysterious circumstances, Soviet Union annexes it under the guise of a "United Slavic Socialist State"
>April 1950: The Act of Union is voted in the the British Parliament and United Sates Congress and the two countries unite along with, the Palestinian Mandate, South Africa, Australia and Canada to create the United Anglo States
>May 1950: United Anglo States invade and Liberate Lebanon and Syria
>>
>>2096934
>June 1952: After strong Soviet Pressure the Iranian Majles declares a coup on the Shah and the monarchy's wealth is collectivized by the state
>July 1954: The Iranian Tudeh Party begins a purge on Ayatollahs in Qom and other regions, headscarves are banned
>June 1960 Communists win Elections in South Africa, entire continents of Africa and Europe are now under Communist Rule
>July 1963: Everything's been chill in Latin America, stays that way.
>80s: Neoliberal policies in United Anglo States begin creating extreme wealth division
November 1996: Communists win elections in UAS
>Jan 2000: Communism Achieved
>>
File: villa3.gif (397KB, 778x450px) Image search: [Google]
villa3.gif
397KB, 778x450px
In 1912 while the Mexican revolution was underway a group of government soldiers are seen crossing the U.S border and once they are seen to be and were believed to be rebels are shot dead in a small firefight. The Mexican government demands the U.S apologizes and give reparations for the deaths of their soldiers, in response to this the U.S pulls out any support they had for the Mexican government.

While they had pulled out the military support they had still believed that the government forces would win quickly, but instead parts of the federal army over react and mutiny, believing that the government would be the downfall of itself. Things go into anarchy and revolutionaries take the advantage, gaining a swift victory and winning the war, reuniting Mexico.

Many Mexicans are angry with this outcome and a month later stage a coup, assassinating the president and putting a new one in. Bernardo Reyes. Reyes had become heavily anti U.S after they had pulled their support out from the government, effectively damning thousands to die. He ruled Mexico with an iron fist, silencing and banishing anyone who supported the revolution until he believed he had the support of the people. He did not completely and Reyes needed victories to gain the remaining support, believing his military could win and still angry at the U.S he launched a massive invasion into Texas on November 2nd 1914

While he had initial gains these slowed down as his generals had neglected to properly use their supply lines so Mexican troops decided to copy what European powers were doing and going on the defensive, digging a trench line from the coast near Houston to Laredo.

The invasion had taken the U.S completely off guard, neglecting to realize what was about to happen and reinforcing borders yet by the time Mexican troops had dug in at late November 175,000 troops were making their way south to combat the 150,000 strong Mexican army. Heavy fighting began along the front line,
>>
>>2097251
In which U.S troops attempted a push at Sequin on Christmas eve, this was a large success, pushing the Mexican army (Who had not dug reserve trenches) backwards onto a retreat. More assaults such as this one followed, dragging Mexican troops back to the city of Corpus Christy, which saw the true brutality of this war. While it is not completely known even today what happened in the city we do know that some of the most horrendous human rights violations were committed there. U.S cavalry units launched an attack of 5,000 men strong expecting fierce resistance. Instead only bodies lined the streets, civilians, Mexican soldiers and American citizens who had taken up arms. Its estimated that 4,500 people were killed in the massacres there.

Demanding vengeance U.S troops pushed harder against Mexican army units until they finally reached the border. It was March the fifth when the border was retaken. While casualty rates for the Mexican army can only be speculated its believed that of the 150,000 strong army that invaded the U.S, 70,000 Mexican troops had been killed. While only 23,000 U.S soldiers had been killed.

The war however was not over at all. A further 40,000 fresh recruits reinforced the U.S front line. With these reinforcements an invasion of Mexico was enacted. The Mexican army yet again took heavy losses while U.S troops taking mild casualties. Suddenly many Mexican army units disappeared from the front line, either mutiny or retreating to Zacatese. Creating one of the most famed final stands in modern history. The battle of Zacatese saw a Mexican army of 33,000 men surrounded on all sides by a U.S army numbering around 70,000. The fighting was brutal, every house and street was used by the defenders as a bunker. Machine guns set up in houses and riflemen in churches. It could only be compared to battles such as Stalingrad or Carthage. Yet eventually after a week of fighting on the 24th of April the city fell. 21,000 Mexican soldiers dead.
>>
>>2097313
Believing that there was no hope Bernardo Reyes committed suicide in his palace as rioters stormed his home on the 31st of April 1915 The Mexican army put up no more resistance and they surrendered at every contact with U.S troops from then on until they marched into Mexico City. The country surrendered on the 16th of May 1915, leading to a three year occupation of Mexico to maintain the peace and a pro U.S government being put in place. Relations improved over time eventually leading to Mexico having closer ties with the U.S today, while the U.S did not demand any land from Mexico; war reparations of $12 Billion U.S dollars had to be paid, a debt Mexico only achieved to fulfill in 2001.
>>
>>2068856
>>2082878
1/3

Tesla purchases an iron mask and constructs a suit of high purity iron powered by magneto-hydrodynamics; a technology lost to our fallen world that depends on selectively manipulating the delta charges of water in a modulated magnetic field. Far higher precision control of electrical discharge is possible through this method which effectively allows an MagTech empowered human being drenched in water to touch a live wire and not provoke a discharge unless they will it so.

Exploiting the 'Van Allen belt sequence' he in his suit makes the flight around the world on the wing of Amelia Earhart, not only keeping pace without onboard fuel, but saving the flying couple when they crash. A heroes welcome awaits him in America who desperately pushes racial understanding rhetoric to claim him as their own native son despite his Slav heritage.

Military offers from around the world come poring in for this fantastic new super-soldier technology to the disgust of Tesla who never intended to weaponize it. Smart enough to see through their pretense of 'wanting to save lives', and fearing for the powerlust his genius has now unwittingly unleashed upon the world, he calls together a group of trusted men and women to form the "Iron Guard"; a team of world class people drawn from around the world to safeguard his secrets and defend the world until it is ready for all peoples to work together and use his secrets wisely.

Anti-Tesla propaganda runs rampant at first, but is tamped down when the impotence of the worlds' nations before the established fact of bulletproof, invisible to radar, flying soldiers armed with 'electro-sonic death rays' patrolling the deep ocean in secret, airtight, mobile, bases.

World War II doesn't happen, but the unpopped boil of eugenics and a peace imposed through Iron Guard might and skill increase world tensions despite reducing the bodycount relative to our timeline.
>>
>>2097718
2/3
Massive investments in education follow as each nation begins the quest for what they call the "Iron Race". Tesla's message is perverted by powermongers the world over in this way to justify atocious working conditions in the overnationalized laboratories and schools. Fully subsidized college graduates start their careers at 45 with more knowledge that the average PhD in our time. But technology stagnates as information sharing is closely curtailed and controlled between national borders. The internet has to be "leaked" to the public by the Iron Guard's own training Corp during the 1970s. Its use is punishable by death in many developed countries and it never catches on save in darkened basements hidden by cobbled together TeslaTech. The atomic bomb likewise is seen as a "cold fusion like" curiosity of the criminally insane as Iron Guard agents halt or destroy any attempts in that direction in the style of the Pulp Comic heroes.

Hollywood's radio empire produces plenty of money making capeshit stories inspired by the works. Underground pirates rebroadcast these same radioplays with homemade pictures embedded in the radio signal as noise; most are satirical, some add additional audio tracks that blare over the original sound. The IP witchunts never really end, but to be a pirate is to be a "red commie bastard" in the eyes of loyal government supporters (until they start pirating as well of course). Attition rates in internal security are kept hidden from the public, but burnout rates are monstrously high.

The great war finally does come; the people are so filled with curated history crafted by trillions of manhours spent perfecting 'The Truth' until no meaningful historical event can survive contact with another nation's version.

The Last Crusade/Le Grande Jihad/The Final Struggle/etc is declared and no amount of faith or influence in the Iron guard remains to stop it.
>>
>>2097722
3/3
But just when the world seems doomed, an underground, international group of history geeks emerge from the ashes to save the world in cooperation with the Iron Guard's trainee corps heretofore unaware of their presence. They do this by simultaneously broadcasting a worldwide message to every man woman and child in the world. The calcium of bones shake to build the sound, metal doors, armour, whole buildings's glass, rock, and steel, warp in color and hue to display in infinite fractal beauty the final message, and the ultimate weapon of the underground.

The response of relief and joy echoes around the world as millions stop the stuggle and ignore the whips of their rulers calling for what is now clearly a pointless struggle. For the Memes have come, and so have I.
>>
>>2097718
>>2097722
>>2097731

Was it worth it tho?
>>
>Pyrrhus defeats Rome and drives Carthage from Sicily
What's next? does he march onto gaul and iberia?
>>
>patton gets tipped off by an anonymous source that he would be assassinated
>he uses a body double on the jeep ride
>he uses his military connections to obtain one of the two atomic bombs meant for japan and goes rogue a la colonel kurtz and forms a tiny micronation in central europe
>the tiny nation is made up of a private army using both american, german and other european soldiers dedicated to his cause
>the soldiers form an underground sleeper cell all across europe to destabilise communism
>>
>>2076978
Pretty much all the people the Aztecs sacrificed were war prisoners, and would have been people that other nations would have just killed in wars on the spot instead. We know that their inflicted casualty rate in wars was ridiculously low as a result.

>>2090757
Oh hey, are you the same guy who makes that other mesoamerican comic? Your art style in that page looks pretty similar to it. I actually forgot the name of what it was, do you mind shilling it if you did make that, one, or if not but you still know the name author/linking to it?
>>
File: 69.png (457KB, 556x785px) Image search: [Google]
69.png
457KB, 556x785px
>>2096342
Will do anon
>>2098959
Are you talking about pic related? If so, this is another arist a friend of mine in Japan her name is Nosuku Kusunoki, you can find her work on pixiv and deviantart.
>>
>>2098807
This is some Hideo Kojima level shit right here anon.
>>
File: 1481418846602s.jpg (11KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1481418846602s.jpg
11KB, 250x243px
>>2068856
Ughghhhh. Listen. There is no. Repeat, NO EVIDENCE, that southern slave masters used the whip on their slaves. The whip was used for animals like mules, bovine etc. to get them to move. They were not used on black people, unless a manager was acting out of line. Do really think slave owners would risk damaging the health of their property or encouraging them to revolt? Name one shred of evidence that ISN'T CIRCUMSTANTIAL.
>>
>>2083875

Amerika is on the list
>>
File: 1476555925376.jpg (278KB, 1205x827px) Image search: [Google]
1476555925376.jpg
278KB, 1205x827px
>>2096314
>loading this save file got my ironman corrupted and I'll have to start at Charlemagne again
Goddammit /his/
>>
>>2070369
>Using Vicky 2 province maps instead of EU
Cunt
>>
>>2070369
Kuriles still under Russia control, fuck Japan
>>
>>2096827
France got half of Belgium. Iran's borders are fine.
>>2101152
>implying I care about them niggas
>>
>>2100988
>Are you talking about pic related? If so, this is another arist a friend of mine in Japan her name is Nosuku Kusunoki, you can find her work on pixiv and deviantart.

Nope, I don't think so, that looks nice though. Do you have a site or have you announced the na,e? Maybe I've heard of your comic elsewhere and i'm actually thinking of the same one you posted the image of, though I could have sworn what I recalled already had at least some of it be purchasable
>>
>>2096934
please kill yourself

man, teenager these days when they are not wehraboos they are commieboos
>>
>>2102049
Don't you remember being young anon
>>
>>2070369
Lmao gg on this bait dude, looks like you got a lot of people
>>
>>2102109
It isn't bait, just fun.
>>
>>2102117
Well then you're a cunt
>>
I like alternative history, well, I like it when I write it. When someone else writes it it always seems retarded.
>>
>>2071097
>>2071102

Read Book "Beyond Germs"

Put simply: Virgin Soil Hypothesis is exaggerated, famine, displacement, war and colonialism compounded with disease to kill Natives.
>>
>>2082648
>Ferninand Foch said, "This is not a peace. It is an armistice for twenty years" on the Treaty of Versailles.

He was saying it was not harsh enough. He was French. It is a myth that the terms were too harsh on Germany, it's a construction by German interwar historians.
>>
Greater Yugoslavia developed after WW1, country is immense success in promulgating unified national identity. Assimilation is widespread, country becomes European power by 1940s.
>>
>>2102721
That's dumb tho

Austria Hungary failed because nationalism, this country has a lot of the same nationalist factions but will succeed because reasons

Tito is the only thing that made Yugoslavia work
>>
>>2102731
>alternate history thread
>I propose this alternate history
>"the history is too alternate!"

Then have a godlike Tito in the 1920s or something, I don't know. It's even arguable if Yugoslavia ever 'worked'.
>>
right
>>
>>2102721
>"Greater Yugoslavia"
>not "Radical Yugoslavia"
anon you fucked up
>>
>>2098697
i doubt that
>>
What if the Austrian Emperor didn't go full sperg and delete the
>H
>R
>E
And Napoleon was elected as its leader?
>>
>>2102721
The issue I have with this is that it's not an economically powerful area. Other people here are going to imply nationalism would tear it apart but I think historical circumstance largely shaped the events that led to the violent wars in that region. I bet a large federation like that could work (I mean, look how diverse Russia actually is, even to this day), but it wouldn't really be a world power.

It would be fun to do an alternative history where Yugoslavia breaks up peacefully and the USSR goes full Bosnian War x50
>>
>>2101016
Haha, I see what you did there.

>massah never whooped no slaves! no suh!
>slaves were loved as much as they loved being slaves, they didn't need to be cowed into working by fear of pain and being maimed

Seriously, contemporary accounts abound with evidence, as well as early photographs. Whippings and other beatings (maiming, torture) were used for special punishments, of course. And not all masters were all universally cartoon evil caricatures who were constantly torturing their slaves for fun, but routine casuals whipping was a part of slavery. Read a book, nigger.
>>
>>2102706
>one book said it, so it must be true.
>>
>>2102721
>stealing parts of Greece, Italy, Austria
No way would Italian or German speakers consent to be part of some balkan goat-fucker federation. I doubt Greeks would like it either, but then they might be too weak-willed to resist.
Thread posts: 254
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.