[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have heard Francesco Sforza, Duke of Milan described as one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Francesco_Sforza.jpg (238KB, 800x1285px) Image search: [Google]
Francesco_Sforza.jpg
238KB, 800x1285px
I have heard Francesco Sforza, Duke of Milan described as one of the greatest military commanders of his age. On one of the threads here he was even described as a "1 in a million commander".

What exactly did the guy do to earn such a title? What made him better than other Condotierri of the time period? Pic related
>>
he just upped and took over an entire city

Like a Boss
>>
>>2068670
How did he do that? And why was that particularly special for the time period? Plenty of people have taken over cities. This makes him one of the greatest?
>>
>>2068693
dunno about the greatest but he was pretty good

Milan through marriage was in inheritance to the HRE, France, and Sforza through marriage

Sforza being the closest to Milan quickly took it over and repelled all the other encroaching forces. Then teamed up with Lorenzo de Medici to make an Italian league that made the peninsula peaceful, protected, and prosperous for quite awhile

Went from peasant to Duke in about a day which was a pretty big deal in Medieval/Renaissance standards
>>
File: 1480165402229.jpg (64KB, 693x490px) Image search: [Google]
1480165402229.jpg
64KB, 693x490px
>>2068506
>On one of the threads here he was even described as a "1 in a million commander".
>What exactly did the guy do to earn such a title?

Nothing.

The anon that made that thread was either baiting or utterly fucking retarded. His list was so memey.
>>
File: gian galeazzo.jpg (46KB, 338x450px) Image search: [Google]
gian galeazzo.jpg
46KB, 338x450px
Leave Florence to me.
>>
>>2068719
And as a battlefield commander? Was his actual performance on the battlefield any good? Or was it more just in his capacity as a politician?
>>
Who was probably the greatest Condottieri commander? In terms of strategic and tactical skill on the battlefield.
Could any of them be held up as some of the greats of all time?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.