[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sword of Gojian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

Sword of Gojian
>>
HAAIIIIIII YAAAIIII FORCES
>>
File: Deciphering_the_sword.jpg (375KB, 1465x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Deciphering_the_sword.jpg
375KB, 1465x1200px
>>
>>2067863
>In Ancient Chinese
kek
>>
I love stuff like this: ancient things preserved well. I remember going to the Egyptian museum in Turin and seeing 12 foot statues of gods and goddesses that looked like they were carved yesterday.
>>
File: Seax of Beagnoth.jpg (113KB, 2512x204px) Image search: [Google]
Seax of Beagnoth.jpg
113KB, 2512x204px
Seax of Beagnoth
>>
>>2067844
Put your grasses on nothing will be wong
>>
*clang*
>>
>>2068046
mb they were carved yesterday and originals stolen and sold to europe
>>
>>2067863
Strange that the image includes Mandarin and Cantonese.

The language of the Yue kingdom probably only survives as a substratum in Wu and might even be a non Sinitic language.
>>
>>2067863
bird bug script is much more aesthetic than chicken scratch script
>>
>>2067844
This is so beautiful. I cried a little.

Also any animes about ancient China?
>>
Why did the Chinese kek themselfs so hard from this amazing script?
>>
>>2069429
All evolution is actually a devolution. All generation, degeneration. All change, death.

t. Platonist
>>
>>2069409
>any animes about ancient China
Anime recommendations go to >>>/wsr/, the plural of "anime" is just "anime".

Yokoyama Mitsuteru Sangokushi is actually a faithful adaption of the Romance of Three Kingdoms.
>>
>>2067844
>Sword of Gojian

How big is it ?
>>
File: wlad-vermilion-render.jpg (71KB, 1024x596px) Image search: [Google]
wlad-vermilion-render.jpg
71KB, 1024x596px
Sange and Yasha
>>
File: 1280px-Rocam_durandal_082005.jpg (332KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Rocam_durandal_082005.jpg
332KB, 1280x960px
Durandal, the sword of Charlemagne's paladin Roland

The sword has been given various provenances. Several of the works of the Matter of France agree that it was forged by Wayland the Smith, who is commonly cited as a maker of weapons in chivalric romances.[1]

According to The Song of Roland, the sword is brought by an angel to Charlemagne, who gives it to Roland.[2] According to Ludovico Ariosto's Orlando Furioso it once belonged to Hector of Troy, and was given to Roland by Malagigi (Maugris).

In The Song of Roland, the sword is said to contain within its golden hilt one tooth of Saint Peter, blood of Basil of Caesarea, hair of Denis, and a piece of the raiment of Mary, mother of Jesus, and to be the sharpest sword in all existence.[3] In the poem, Roland uses the sword to hold off a hundred-thousand-strong Saracen army long enough for Charlemagne's army to retreat into France.[4]

Roland attempted to destroy the sword to prevent it from being captured by the attacking Saracens, and created Roland's Breach in the Pyrenees in the process.[5] But Durendal proved indestructible, so he hid it beneath his body along with the oliphant, the horn used to alert Charlemagne.[6]
>>
>>2067844
>just spent equivalent of $1000 for an early 17th century German (Swiss?) Felddegen in good condition
>please tell me that at least one of you understands
>>
>>2070011
Not unless you tell me who you are quoting.
>>
>>2069429
Qin forced everyone to use their script
>>
File: Shanxi_1.jpg (15KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
Shanxi_1.jpg
15KB, 220x293px
Green Dragon Crescent Blade
For Ants.
>>
File: 1480650862687.png (24KB, 612x655px) Image search: [Google]
1480650862687.png
24KB, 612x655px
>>2069737
>bird shit spattered on the blade of your holy sword
>>
>>2071178
>he thinks that's the real sword and not a tourist prop

jej
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.