[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was killing Caesar a mistake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Was killing Caesar a mistake?
>>
It was for the dudes who killed him, including the ones who were too chicken shit to actually be involved, like Cicero.

They all died, and there was a monarch anyway, which was probably inevitable no matter what.

I mean, what would have happened if Caesar had lived? Caesarian becomes Emperor after Caesar dies, and is possibly overthrown by Republican factions?

Caesar has a legitimate heir who's too young to do anything and is overthrown by Caesarian/Marc Antony/Republicans/Octavian?

He returns the Republic to the people in his will?
>>
>>2067467
Maybe the Senate could stop being self-serving pricks and help the common people so that there might be some uproar if Caesar destroyed them rather than almost every Roman adoring Caesar and hating the Senate?
>>
>>2067467
*Caesarion

It was autocorrect, I swear
>>
>>2067473
Caesar was king Liberal Populist, though.

You can't fight a Magma God with fire. Any populist concessions the senate could have given would probably still be conservative by Caesar's actual policies.
>>
>>2067486
I think they could change their ways in an attempt at self-preservation. But this is all with hindsight, I am sure the Senators thought killing him was a great plan.
>>
>>2067498
Caesar wasn't a threat to their lives. He wasn't planning on purging anyone.

They didn't kill him, because they were afraid, they killed him because he threatened, and basically had, neutered them.

The Senate was never abolished, and survived to the dying days of the Western Empire, as a shell.
>>
>>2067438
No, he let a bunch of pig disgusting sub human Gauls become citizens.
>>
>>2067508
With self-preservation I meant towards the Senate as a powerful political entity.
>>
>>2067511
Oh, then no.

The senate was doomed the second Sulla marched on Rome. At that point, it was all about when and who
>>
>>2067508
He was a threat to the republic, they still hated kings, thanks to Tarquin. That's what Cassius played on to recruit Brutus.
>>
>>2067561
That's memes and legends.

Brutus was anti-Caesarian from the getgo, he had nearly always been. He didn't need Grandpa Lucius' name to want to be in on the ploy.
Caesar's love for Brutus is completely bizarre.
>>
>>2067575
Were they gaybros?
>>
>>2067625
No, Caesar was his Mom's fuckbuddy.

He probably hated Caesar because Caesar was trying to grab too much power, which is why he allied with Pompey, the guy who killed his fucking dad.

The memes may have been based on some reality, but the most likely case is that he was in on it of his own volition anyway, just like most of the people Caesar pardoned.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.