[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: dual%20monarchy.jpg (395KB, 1888x1133px) Image search: [Google]
dual%20monarchy.jpg
395KB, 1888x1133px
What went wrong?
>>
>>2066438
The eternal Frog shut it down.
>>
>>2066449
*the eternal s*rb
>>
>>2066438
multiculturalism
all the individual cultures were nationalist and tried to get the parlement to favour their nation, so it was eternal poltical deadlock.

They would have broken apart even if they won ww1, but they might have done so on better terms.
>>
>>2066736
All bullshit Entente mythology. Apart from the Serbs there wasn't really any massively popular nationalist movement.
>>
was it even a power?
>>
>Suffrage conditional on ability to read and write.
Monarchy beating democracy at its own game.
>>
>>2066752
I dunno the Hungarians seemed pretty nationalistic

>the Austro-HUNGARIAN Empire
>>
>>2066438
Stubborn, self-important Hungarians, greedy Czechs and stupid Serbs are mostly to blame.
>>
>>2066736
Yeah there was deadlock, that was the main issue. There wasn't big independence movements, but each nationality obviously wanted a better deal for themselves within the empire rather than out of it. Lots of issues in the parliament because of that.

Hungarians were the worst, they vetoed the defence budget before World War I which could be argued massively contributed to the downfall.
>>
>>2069522
If you don't understand the issues why should you have a voice?
>>
nationalism + multiculturalism = ;(
>>
File: 20160825_163825.jpg (374KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160825_163825.jpg
374KB, 1280x720px
>>2066736
Sort of, if arch Duke wasn't killed and Empire become more like a federation, as he intended to make it, it could survive. Most of the historians in my country agree with that, because what happened after was 100x worse for us. t. Croat
>>
>>2066438

look at that mess and make up a way it could have gone right
>>
Germanizing the slavs would have did it
>>
>>2069522
>necroing a thread
>>
>>2069530
What greedy thing did the Czechs do?
>>
>>2070777
>necroing
>4chan

you misclicked, you meant to hit your Reddit bookmark
>>
>>2069529
not even the Hungarian INDEPENDENCE party wanted to fully secede. AH was too good deal for Hungarians.
>>
>>2071299
Yeah it seems like a good deal for everyone but the germans who had to keep pouring money into the smaller states.

Should bring it back desu.
>>
>>2066438
You mean what went right?
>>
They got serbed.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.