[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he so perfect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: lee quan yuo.jpg (18KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
lee quan yuo.jpg
18KB, 245x300px
Why is he so perfect?
>>
>>2062299
Because he proved authoritarian capitalism was the best way to run a country.
>>
>>2063520
das it mane
>>
>>2062299
Because he was a high IQ, non-communist, diasporic Chinese sociopath.
>>
>>2064074
>tfw people like these will never be US leaders.
>tfw Normies care way too much about charisma.
>>
>>2062299
He really was one of the best leaders of the 20th century.

>>2063520
Even calling it "authoritarian" is a little iffy. I mean, yes, in some ways Singapore is very much so, but it's a little unfair to lump them in with other authoritarian shitholes when many of the gov't's seemingly-repressive policies have the support of most of the citizenry. When nobody in the country WANTS freedom of speech to be relaxed any, it starts to look a lot more like a legitimate cultural disagreement on where the line should be drawn, and less like an abuse of power.
>>
>>2062299
>it is another everybody ignores LKY's first cabinet episode
His legacy would have been better if he quit when his son took over as PM

>>2063520
State capitalism.
>>
>>2064093
He was charismatic, watch some of his speeches or interviews.
>>
>>2064131
I can't back this up because I still haven't gotten around reading about him but he was pretty evil to his political opponents according to a podcast I was listening to.

It's not hard to minimize dissent when you're controlling a small island.
>>
>>2062299
His ideal of resisting colonialism while remaining open to the world wasn't new, however he had the advantage of a nearly completely urbanized population, he didn't have to deal with some obscure rural warlord or tribe that could flex their muscles and extort the national government.
>>
He was benevolent and pragmatic. Truly believed and fought for singapore
>>
>>2062299
because city states
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.