[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /his/ think of Emma?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: emma.jpg (19KB, 239x350px) Image search: [Google]
emma.jpg
19KB, 239x350px
What does /his/ think of Emma?
>>
>>2061436
What is it?

The cover has me interested.
>>
>>2061442
Victorian Era romance manga. It's comfy and the art is pretty good.
>>
File: everything and nothing.jpg (152KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
everything and nothing.jpg
152KB, 640x480px
>>2061436
I've never read it. Otoyemgatarai is pretty good however.
>>
>>2061459
What's the plot?
>>
>>2061436

/his/ thinks that /lit/ is that way <---------
>>
>>2061459
You mean a manga adaptation of the Jane Austin novel?
>>
>>2061436
One of my favorite mangas, especially since the author is enough of a fan of history to really go to pains to research proper fashion, etiquette, technology and even some events relative to the time in which it's happening (roughly 1896 in the main manga and roughly 1905 in the epilogue).

Though, I kind of prefer Shirley Madison just a little bit more than Emma. Shirley is literally slice of life of 13 year old Edwardian maid with her mistress and their everyday Edwardian adventures. I like the pointlessness and the every day sort of feel even more than the plot of Emma, which at its essence is Cinderella plot.
>>
>>2061514
really Otoyomegatari is more /his/
>>
>>2061436
>>2062137
I like the sound of this but I'm not into girls with glasses. Why do good things have to be ruined so easily?
>>
I want to have sex with Kaoru Mori.
>>
>>2062345
I could never get into Otoyomegatari and, weirdly enough, it's for the same reason I love Shirley Madison so much. They're both essentially (very well researched) slice of life stories about specific places at specific points in time but whereas I care deeply for Edwardian England I don't really care about 19th century pre Russian conquest Central Asia so I could never get into it.

I really appreciate the time she put into it and the gorgeous art and the examination of a very rare culture in media but it's just a culture I don't give a shit about.

>>2062423
Emma is genuinely really really good. It's a Cinderella story where you know the ending from the start of the 1st page and yet the characters, the details, the plot is so interesting and well done that you still keep reading.
>>
>>2061549
>adaptation
No.
>>
>>2061524
Low class maid and aristocratic guy fall in love while dealing with the rigid class structure of Victorian Britain.

I should give it a full read some time. I like Gisele Alain a lot (teenage French aristocrat runs away to Paris to experience an unsheltered life and start up a "I'll help you with whatever) business. I don't think the exact time period has been specified but given the fashion but existence of things like cable cars and automobiles, probably turn of the century, pre-Great War. It's as beautiful as Mori's stuff but trades detail for comfy levels; IIRC the creator was Mori's assistant. Apparently it's on indefinite hiatus though.
>>
>>2062345
The arc where the bride visited the bath house and met that thicc friend of hers made me hard.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.