[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were cracked heads acceptable back then?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1481207280754.jpg (137KB, 936x608px) Image search: [Google]
1481207280754.jpg
137KB, 936x608px
Were cracked heads acceptable back then?
>>
>>2060489
They were more adventurous and didn't care about health and safety

Humans have always been daring and adventurous, otherwise we would never have developed and progressed

The only reason we have stifling health and safety now is because of WWII and the Cold War. WWII scared everyone with the level of death that it brought about, and people thought "never again" so they deliberately tried to stop everyone from being adventurous/impulsive and tried to wrap everybody in rules of safety

And of course the Cold War with its threat of nuclear annihilation had the same effect

In a way, the modern era is the biggest human experiment in non-violence. Never before has any animal society been able to maintain such levels of non-violence for so long. I guess it sort of works - I reckon we'll eventually have another world war (might even be in my lifetime - I'm 25), but I think a lot of today's principles of safety, precaution, all that boring shit, is probably here to stay. Why? Because we've become incredibly good and efficient at eliminating certain sorts of problems through the use of precaution and safety, that's why. Injuries, health problems, diseases, etc.

Sorry for the ramble.
>>
In the past, children would go outside and do things.

Now they sit inside and do things in virtual reality.
>>
File: rooneyx-large[1].jpg (26KB, 490x420px) Image search: [Google]
rooneyx-large[1].jpg
26KB, 490x420px
>>2060585
Kids these days, am I right?
>>
>>2060489

They learned about not falling off playing on smaller frames as even younger children.
>>
I could see the attitude back then being that if you fell it was your fault for being an idiot but what do I know
>>
>>2060518
Not because children stopped having an 50%< of dying before adult age?
Having a few of your children die stopped being the norm.
>>
>>2060489
Back then people had more children so losing them wasn't as bad. You could have one or two die while playing or send them off to war and you'd still have enough left.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.