[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History of Beer and Czech Beer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: znacka-pilsner-urquell.jpg (36KB, 317x355px) Image search: [Google]
znacka-pilsner-urquell.jpg
36KB, 317x355px
Looking to learn about the history of beer, how it is made, and specifically Czech beer. I've got a job running a beer showcase coming up.
>>
There's a lot of beer writers that just parrot memes and marketing bullshit. Pilsener Urquell was a modern product at the time with a built for purpose brewery with a modern maltings for the production of pale malt.
>>
>>2058911
Pilsner itself is a modern beer, only technical cooling made its production possible.
>>
>>2059492
Die the Not just use extensive cellars?
>>
>>2059716
Goddamned I hate my phone. So easy to change the language settings
>>
The beer of today isn't really comparable to the beer of yesteryear.
It's true that people used to drink litres of the stuff daily, but they drank a whole different kind of beer that's barely made anymore and it only had 1.5% alcohol max.
>>
>>2056856
Random beerfacts from the top of my mind
>The important thing about Czech beer is the hops from Žatec. Since it is one of the driest places in the republic it produces lot of high-quality hops.
>Beer is possibly one of the healthiest drinks there is (unless you go over 10l/week of course)
>We Czechs are rather conservative people, so there was little variation in our beers, until the recent "gastro-revolution"
>>
>>2056856
I went to the city of Plzen a few years ago (where Pilsner Urquell is made)

It's a great place, you should go there

As you probably know, that's where pilsners beers get their name from. And almost all modern lagers are pilsners.

Plzen's the Czech name of the city, Pilsen's the English name. The Czechs love city names without vowels. Brno is another. You have to say it with a rolling R.

Another thing I learned about beer in Plzen is that almost all modern beer is pasteurised because it keeps it fresh. But in Plzen, at the factory (and the surrounding area) they serve UN-pasteurised beer (because the factory's next door, they don't need to worry about freshness over a long period)

It's fucking delicious, unpasteurised beer. Much tastier than pasteurised. Makes you realise what you're missing normally.

Anyway I'm rambling. Here are some tasty Czech beers you should look up, in order of how tasty I find them: Pilsner Urquell, Kozel, Gambrinus, Budweiser Budvar, Staropramen (not a massive fan of Staropramen)
>>
>>2060575
>(not a massive fan of Staropramen)
well, is anyone really...
>>
OP google 'beer philosopher', it's an argentine (?) guy living in czechems writing about beers n stuff
youu might find something useful
>>
>>2060575
>Pilsen's the English name
You mean German name you stupid swine.
>>
>>2060578
Unfortunately it's the most popular. At least it was, here in the UK, for many years. Pilsner Urquell has been becoming much more popular here recently, and we even have Kozel here too now.

Now I just wish we could get Gambrinus for 35 kc a pint like I had in Prague.

>>2060591
Apologies.
>>
>>2060575
I almost expected a kuzu kuzu nametag attached to this shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.