[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Purgatory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5391.png (38KB, 720x765px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5391.png
38KB, 720x765px
Arguments and evidence for purgatory ?
>>
>>2055132

the need for the catholic church to create this shows its bullshit.
>>
>evidence
>religious beliefs
choose none

*tips*
>>
>>2057492
what is this fedora tipper they say here on here? is he atheist? you know of this men yes?
>>
>>2055132
There is as much evidence for its existance as there is for God and thats all I need.
>>
>>2057492
This
>>
>>2057541
You're missing the point. Religion requires faith, not evidence. If you ask for evidence you don't have true faith.
>>
There is absolutely zero biblical evidence for the existence of a place called Purgatory. The Scriptures are clear that those who perish go to God in Heaven.

Though I fully understand why they invented it, and something *like* it probably exists in Heaven.

Imagine someone dies, and yet still has many sinful or evil habits or actions, or is even ignorant on what is sin and what is not sin. Basically imagine any person who has not purged himself of sin so thoroughly that the only thing left to do to make him 'perfect' is to let their faculties be transfigured and then ruling them by the will.

The process of training in virtue began on earth must by all logic continue and conclude in paradise. The only alternative to this magically brainwashing the soul into perfect compliance, which is not only morally abhorrent, it doesn't even make sense for many people [death-bed converts, recent converts who die, etc] since it'd require effectively destroying their entire being and rebuilding it. Which isn't really *saving* them.

TLDR: No such thing as "Purgatory" persay, but the idea of postmortem virtue-training is basically a logical requirement for the Christian worldview.
>>
>>2058827
You're a heretic. The word "Faith" in the modern sense means that, but that is not biblical. The term "Faith" in ancient times didn't mean blind belief, it meant one of the following things.

1) Belief in the unperceived on the basis of evidence or argument.

2) Belief in the unperceived on the basis of reliable testimony.

3) Continuing to believe in that which has been proven by said reason/argument/testimony, despite one's changing moods.

Anyone who thinks God views doggish blind-belief as a moral good is Scripturally ignorant and morally depraved.
>>
>>2055132
Where is that in the bible again?
>>
>>2058829
>The Scriptures are clear that those who perish go to God in Heaven.
'no'
>>
>>2058837
Faith means to believe without proof
>You have believed, Thomas, because you have seen. Blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have believed.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.