[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are mystical experiences genuine or do we make them up? I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0382.jpg (447KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0382.jpg
447KB, 1080x1920px
Are mystical experiences genuine or do we make them up? I had one the other day where I was completely sober laying in bed and began to feel like I was outside of my body and feeling the presence of God or some divine power. It felt good and I was self aware the whole time. I'm not sure I could have stopped it. It just gradually ended after about 30 seconds and I felt normal again.

Is there a rational explanation for these sort of weird spiritual occurences?
>>
there's a 'rational' explanation insofar as you feel the need to identify what you experienced as mystical, because that's what your culture tells you these kinds of things are. whatever you actually think it is is your call.
>>
>>2054329
What's the scientific reason for feeling this way though?
>>
>>2054332
idk, probably. would that really satisfy your curiosity about the whole thing?
>>
>>2054337
Well if I just felt that way because the room was cold and I had a hormone imbalance or something I would like to know so I don't start believing in divine powers because of it
>>
>>2054337
lol shit i thought you asked IF there was a scientific reason. yea idk but i dont think thats the answer you really want
>>
>>2054338
i think the best way to approach this stuff is "i had this physical sensation and i felt the need to interpret it like this." yea there's definitely a scientific answer for the sensation but its much more interesting to think about why you interpreted the feeling as a divine presence
>>
I used to be into Tulpa making and sometimes got washed over with intense joy for no reason while feeling like I got hugged when I felt lonely in bed.
Never experienced something like this before or after the time I was engaged in this.
>>
>>2054346
So you're saying I was predisposed to think it wasn't God because I have been raised in Christianity and pray every so often? People just assign their latent beliefs onto phenomena they don't understand?
>>
>>2054349
Was not wasn't
>>
>>2054349
Yea exactly, ad then you can expand on that into a larger question about what people in general are talking about when they say they had a religious experience
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.