[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good online source to read old newspapers, magazines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 729px-Puck_cover2.jpg (270KB, 729x1023px) Image search: [Google]
729px-Puck_cover2.jpg
270KB, 729x1023px
What's a good online source to read old newspapers, magazines and the like. I've especially been interested in American stuff (old Harper's, Puck, newspapers in general though maybe the bigger ones of the day, etc.) from the middle part of the 19th through the first part of the 20th (maybe up to WWI) century. Seems like the kind of thing that might be cool to read in seeing how events of the day played out.
>>
Bumping out of interest.
I want to see the illustrations from the French Le petit Journal
>>
You have to pay for the best ones.
Right now I'm looking through archives of newspapers and magazines from my country. The oldest start in 1848 but the most interesting is a movie magazine from the 30s.

Newspaper archives hunts are addictive as hell.
>>
File: New_York_Sunday_World_1895-07-28.jpg (173KB, 647x1024px) Image search: [Google]
New_York_Sunday_World_1895-07-28.jpg
173KB, 647x1024px
>>2055657
Kind of a shame. Stuff like that should be freely available and not locked behind a paywall.
>>
>>2057296
Were those collars normal in America in the 19th century?
>>
>>2057344
Yes, large collars and child-sized bipedal cats were something of a trend in the 1890s falling quickly out of favor at the turn of the century after the assassination of William McKinley due to its association with his age. Grief over the death was such that nearly all traces of the more radical trends the age of American optimism inspired were wiped from the history books.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.